Sport mode - Error AF-160400

United Kingdom
Due West of Europe
Over the past few days I have been getting this error when entering a Daily race.
It doesn’t happen all the time.
The error occurs when the initial start list for the race appears.
I have no option other than To “OK” it and the game returns to the usual race select screen.
I am on a PS5 with a lan connection. TP Link router from a Virgin cable connection.
No error is recorded in the PS5 console error log.
An internet search reveals no information at all about this error code. Today I noticed several Reddit posters have also had the error In the past 48hrs.

Has anyone else experienced the error and/or has any clue what it means?

Happened to me again yesterday on PS5

I have sent a mail to PS Support and am waiting to see what they say. Will post details of their reply when available. I have also tweeted, without success at this point.

I noticed yesterday that it happens when either the “player” or “track” details are trying to load.

It could be an ISP issue maybe. Or maybe router?

I’m on Virgin cable thru an Archer TP router.

Last edited:
So contacted PS Support for help as had it happen 4 out of 5 races today.

they cant help currently, no clue as to the error code. Can’t offer any practical help or advice, they direct you to online tools which I’d tried.

so they can’t help and don’t care.

good to know

So contacted PS Support for help as had it happen 4 out of 5 races today.

they cant help currently, no clue as to the error code. Can’t offer any practical help or advice, they direct you to online tools which I’d tried.

so they can’t help and don’t care.

good to know
Typical.

This is the problem when the damned developers don’t have any visible support nor contact information. We really shouldn’t have to put up with this lack of support.

Typical.

This is the problem when the damned developers don’t have any visible support nor contact information. We really shouldn’t have to put up with this lack of support.
for me it’s only happened since the last update so could be too new to have registered but Sony support isn’t what it was.

So far I only had this issue once on Saturday evening. Apart from that I've been lucky as it seems...

But on Friday the nations cup races had some issues too, not this error, so maybe the last two patches broke something in that regard

I’ve had the error for every daily race I’ve tried for over a week.
Swapped over from ps4 and haven’t had one online race on the ps5 yet

So I finally qualify 2nd for Daily Race, I think being only a tenth off pole I have a chance of the win here…. Until… yes you know “the unexpected error occurred”. That Sony and Polyphony know nothing about and can’t help fix

its a quality game developed by a bunch of incompetents.

im playing a PS4 version of the game in a PS5 - do me a favour list what your version And console is - let’s see if there’s anything linking us

3rd race running I can’t race, I would call Sony support but alas they don’t work 24/7 where I am. I have a feeling the rumours I have heard about PD penalising named players might be ringing true here else why would Sony not have this error being logged

GT Sport also still has similar connection issues in Multiplayer.

They should finally analyze this and sort these things out

Ok guys if this works all credit goes to the guy who told me to do this to fix the error, claims he hasn't had it since doing this. I don't know if it works yet because error has just happened, its 3.40 am and I'm going to bed so I will find out for myself tomorrow and over the next few days.

REBUILD DATABSE

With console off, hold console power button until second beep, plug usb into controller then press controller PS button, I found I had to press twice as was yellow then went blue. Opens menu which provides you with option to reset database and clear cache

You don't lose any saved data. Read up online or search for videos on Youtube to perform this procedure if instructions unclear. FINGERS CROSSED.

Last edited:
I do this right now and for me doesnt work.... if anybody prove to rebuild data base and works, please letras me now...**** game

PS Support now stopped replying to me. Not much else left to do.
I'm lost for words dude, how can a customer support be this bad or non existant. So, we can conclude the error is a result of the latest update? As I dont recall experiencing it before downloading 1.21. So we've just got to wait until next update to see if it's fixed, does anyone know how often updates occur?

Back