Sport mode - Error AF-160400

Sorry if this is in wrong thread but I've never experienced this new error for me before CE-210381. I was 3 Laps into daily B and it just cut OUT. FML

Over the past few days I have been getting this error when entering a Daily race.
It doesn’t happen all the time.
The error occurs when the initial start list for the race appears.
I have no option other than To “OK” it and the game returns to the usual race select screen.
I am on a PS5 with a lan connection. TP Link router from a Virgin cable connection.
No error is recorded in the PS5 console error log.
An internet search reveals no information at all about this error code. Today I noticed several Reddit posters have also had the error In the past 48hrs.

Has anyone else experienced the error and/or has any clue what it means?
so speaking to PlayStation support there are next to no reports of this fault logged globally so it isn’t being looked at by Sony or Polyphony but fear not.. after sharing links here and to other forums plus the fact for 3 days I’ve been kicked from everything and Gone from S rated to B rated - an incident report and log has been issued to the developer to look at this issue for a response whenever if ever it comes.

Last edited:
so speaking to PlayStation support there are next to no reports of this fault logged globally so it isn’t being looked at by Sony or Polyphony but fear not.. after sharing links here and to other forums plus the fact for 3 days I’ve been kicked from everything and Gone from S rated to B rated - an incident report and log has been issued to the developer to look at this issue for a response whenever if ever it comes.
Interesting. Well as I reported earlier, PSSupport have not responded to my follow up mail. Be interesting to see what happens to yours. Thanks for the update.

Yesterday I selected a car for race A and fixed it up nice, tuned it and tested it. It was an engine swapped Firebird that sounds like it wants to kill you and it will. So after all that I qualify well and am excited to race only to be greated by this error code before the race starts.... ok. So I go back to the menu screen and have to wait like 20 minutes to try my car.... I'll just do another daily! I look at the other races and its a half hour wait each.... I then shut the console off without exiting the app.

Last edited:
For me its interesting it always happens to me once for daily A race after that its fine, weird issue
Last week it probably let me in 5 or 6 races out of about 50 this week I've tried daily c continuously and it throws me out with this error code everytime

Dailies 5 Sep
A 7 entered, 5 errors
B 5 enetered, 3 errors
C 3 entered, 2 errors

Dailies 12 Sep
B 6 entered, 3 errors

Dailies 19 Sep
A 3 entered, 3 errors
B 3 entered, 2 errors

So, since I have been tracking that's 18 errors out of 27 - 66.6% error rate!
Does this affect UK users more than anywhere else? I am using a PS5.

Dailies 5 Sep
A 7 entered, 5 errors
B 5 enetered, 3 errors
C 3 entered, 2 errors

Dailies 12 Sep
B 6 entered, 3 errors

Dailies 19 Sep
A 3 entered, 3 errors
B 3 entered, 2 errors

Only seen uk users and a couple of Spanish users too so maybe a European thing, I'm also a ps5 user

Dailies 5 Sep
A 7 entered, 5 errors
B 5 enetered, 3 errors
C 3 entered, 2 errors

Dailies 12 Sep
B 6 entered, 3 errors

Dailies 19 Sep
A 3 entered, 3 errors
B 3 entered, 2 errors

I've been experiencing the same issue and I am from Brazil... so it doesn't appear to be region related.

Been getting this error since the start of this week. Probably gotten into 60% of the races I’ve entered, no issues otherwise with my connection on other games/devices etc.

No idea why PD can’t sort this out, they’ve had experience for a decade now. Will probably lose it if I get disconnected from the Manu races tonight

Also still getting this but not as often as many have reported. Ive had it with PS Support continually stalling. They still can’t acknowledge that this error code even exists.

I got my first one of these today. Finally well rested enough to race for the first time this week and this happens. I hope it at least makes the "known issues" next update.

So something different, circumstances exactly as everyone has experienced except instead of AF-160400 I am now getting CE-900304

im hoping it means Sony/Polyphony have given it a proper error code and it is the same thing except they are looking at it.

lets hope

Back