[Sport Mode] - Is it possible to block someone that I don't want to play along anymore?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by BierPlayer, Aug 1, 2018.

1. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

What you're talking about now is effectively a reporting system that weights against low SR players, not a method for allowing players to block people on PSN and never race against themselves again, which is what's being suggested here. Maybe that's not a terrible idea, but essentially what that becomes is users blocking/reporting another player, who may well have had an appropriate SR drop, in order to gain additional action against them... if the objective is to reduce that persons match-making prospects, what automated mechanism do you use to apply that to every subsequent matchmaking process?

2. BallPtPenTheif

BallPtPenTheif

When I have a reoccurring bad driver appearing in races I don't pass them. What I do instead is constantly place the nose of my car no further than the middle of their car as we go two wide into corners. They usually punt themselves off of me and fly off of the course. As long as I'm not moving outward or inward as they hit me, I never get a penalty.

Please don't do this to normal drivers.

3. baldgye

baldgye Premium

That’s what I originally suggested, if PD are given access to the number of blocks given to a player then they could weigh that against their SR rating and history and be like, yeah, this guys a ****

4. simsimsheree

simsimsheree

How this thread gets taken seriously when the penalty system is so universally recognized as broken beats me.

If the game cannot determine who is at fault in a ramming situation/forcing off track/etc., how on earth does Sony/PD determine them being blocked..? Even with as few as 500,000 active players worldwide, Sony could not possibly afford to put human eyeballs on incidents, and that is the ONLY way any block system could work. Trust me, if it was a result of reportage, it would get gamed to hell and back by groups of trolls.

The main thing is, if you are a host in an online lobby, is it like GT6? Are players that are on your block list allowed in YOUR room (remember, a Sport Mode room isn't YOUR room)? If so, all is still OK. Sport Mode is a joke, the bastard child of the universally hated GT6 Quick Race system, which no-one took seriously. The sooner we all accept this, the sooner we can go back to what actually worked in GT5/6...

SNAIL, WRS and human stewarded clean rooms.

Macboyilija likes this.
  5. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Here we go again

Outspacer likes this.
  6. simsimsheree

simsimsheree

Enjoy. I can only surmise from your response you never spent five minutes in a properly stewarded room in GT6.

Which, from your attitude, I am unsurprised.

Enjoy your Quick Race rebrand.

7. Macboyilija

Macboyilija

Am I the only one that always wants to know why people want to block other people and then finding out they were making mistakes themselves is one of the funniest things about these posts ?

Not attacking anyone here !

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  8. VBR

VBR Premium

This thread isn't about the penalty system, it's about someone asking if it was possible to block people in Sport Mode.

When I originally mentioned my idea of blocking in this thread, it was only one of the many ideas I have about facilitating clean racing in public rooms in online racing sims (not just GTS). To answer your question (the part I highlighted in bold), Sony wouldn't. Blocking is already done via PSN Block lists, & as you know from GT5 & GT6, anyone hosting rooms automatically had everyone on their PSN Block list permanently barred from entering any of their lobbies. It was one reason among many why my rooms were so clean back then.

My idea was simply for Sport Mode to filter out bad drivers that are on our PSN Block lists while matching us for races. I don't know if it's technically possible, & like others have pointed out it would be a lot harder to implement than the GT5/6 system. It's just an idea, a concept, a brain fart! If it were technically possible, then it would indeed help to clean up online racing (along with the whole host of other measures I've not mentioned here).

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  9. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

Are you trying to say something?

II'll :censored: fight you

10. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Oh that's just a reaction to simsim's nth comment at how league racing should replace sport mode and that we're ignorant for not doing so :lol: