Sport mode "warmup"

I have been wondering about the same, still are, did it once, think I only managed to exit the pit before the time was up. 🤔

@TumeK5 Do you know, since you used the laughing emoji?

Last edited:
Whats the point in the "warm up" before every sport race ..., its completely useless , not enough time to do even 1 lap , yet I see people still do it . Is there something I'm missing .
Here's my take:

1. If you're not comfortable with the particular course, you can shake off some nerves and/or practice getting out of the pit (for a longer race.)
  2. You can get out of the pit and nobody can see what tires you're running to start.
  3. Make sure you have the right HUD display (one less thing to worry about before the start) so if you want Traction Control, now is a great time to make sure you have it.
Those are just my reasons; hopefully this helps.

I used it mainly to change tires, like if I do qualifications in soft and I need to run hard for the race, or even mix tires. Otherwise I dont know, maybe something to do with server ?

Use it to get an idea of how much grip is in the tire at the start of the race.

Also a good time to flip that mental switch into "race mode"

It's part loading screen smoke and mirrors and part allowing you to test tires/settings like TC etc.

Basically its just another mini game especially with the super long pit lanes at some circuits

It just gives all players a chance to load into the race, since it used to be PS4’s and PS5’s racing together in GT Sport, and 4’s load a LOT slower. So it’s likely it’s just a holdover from that in the end.

Last edited:
It just gives all players a chance to load into the race, since it used to be PS4’s and PS5’s racing together in GT Sport, and 4’s load a LOT slower. So it’s likely it’s just a holdover from that in the end.
GT Sport released 2017 on the PS4.
Ps5 released 2020.. so even if you could play it on a Ps5...

So that's like 3 years. Not sure that the warmup period was avaliable for a full year before 2019, but I'm sure it was, meaning it had nothing to do with ps5 players when first implemented in 2018 or even before.

Last edited:
GT Sport released 2017 on the PS4.
Ps5 released 2020.. so even if you could play it on a Ps5...

So that's like 3 years. Not sure that the warmup period was avaliable for a full year before 2019, but I'm sure it was, meaning it had nothing to do with ps5 players when first implemented in 2018 or even before.
Yeah, and when it was only PS4’s, everyone loaded slow, so it makes even more sense for the warmup time to be there, to let everyone get loaded into the lobby. I don’t remember the warmup ever not being in Sport?

Yeah, and when it was only PS4’s, everyone loaded slow, so it makes even more sense for the warmup time to be there, to let everyone get loaded into the lobby. I don’t remember the warmup ever not being in Sport?
I think they fiddled with the warmup time or some of the menus. there was deinfetly an update to it years ago. Not many will remember and I can't be arsed to look for it LOL

Last edited:
Back