Sport Mode with Friends?

Canada
Canada
Hey guys, anybody know a way or if it is even possible to be matched with friends with similar DR and SR in Sport Mode?

I've tried many times to join simultenously with a friend without any luck...

Thanks,

Yeah I haven't had any luck yet either and there isn't a way to set it up. Best bet is get at least b or A driver rating and s saftey. Makes the split smaller since not a lot of people will have an B or A driver rating. So your chances would be higher.

Do you realize how many people who join in, and all the possible combinations of players? Yeah good luck mate. I give you a 1/1000 chance to be matched with your friends. Like @coltsjugg says, create a lobby instead. Have your own «Sport Mode» race there.

Yes, but what if you want to take a "sport mode challange" with other players? I was missing this feature since beginning. Would be sooo great if PD would introduce kind of "party mode" where you can get matched with other random players. I get the private lobby idea, but still...

That could make some serious problems. What if you and said friend(s) team up and knock the competition out with bad driving and win? That’s a risk PD can’t take. Also it’s exciting to not know who you’re matched with. To know there’s a slight chance to be matched with a friend makes it more fun when it finally happens, right?

I’ve noticed lately as I’ve stabilized on B/S and mostly race Gr.3 races that I tend to meet a lot of the same guys from race to race. I don’t think it’s unlikely that you’ll be matched with a friend sometimes if they’re comparably fast and have the same ratings.

It was actually very easy to get matched with friends in GT5 Prologue just by entering at the same time. A good 9 out of 10 times we'd all end up in the same race. This was one thing that I found disappointing when I played the GT Sport beta, not ever being matched with any of my friends (not even once).

I’ve noticed lately as I’ve stabilized on B/S and mostly race Gr.3 races that I tend to meet a lot of the same guys from race to race. I don’t think it’s unlikely that you’ll be matched with a friend sometimes if they’re comparably fast and have the same ratings.

That lighten up the fact that they match us a weird way... I always end up with guys from A, B, C ranks, different safety rates but mostly S like me.
But A guys are way faster than I am... how i'm supposed to win against guys that are 3 seconds faster each laps than I am ?
While my buddy that race about same time as I do in lobbies, have same DR and SR must race in a different room also against guys way faster than him but we both qualifies with about 0.05 seconds difference ...
???

There is a huge problem in that system, it's supposed to make races more fun by puting us in similar groups but it's not at all.
No for now

Fast guys I know are winning almost all races they do, they just dont race vs oponents of their talent unless doing FIA races.

Me i'm stuck racing guys way faster and some 1s/lap slower, how is that with all the players online and available all the time ?

VBR
It was actually very easy to get matched with friends in GT5 Prologue just by entering at the same time. A good 9 out of 10 times we'd all end up in the same race. This was one thing that I found disappointing when I played the GT Sport beta, not ever being matched with any of my friends (not even once).

I got about 3 races against friends in Sport mode yet, only one against a buddy of same range, other time it was with friends way off my skills (me been the slow one)

And that's since day one of the game.

In NA at SR 99 and DR over 26K it seems you always get in the same top end room so it should be easy to be matched with friends if you have both have max SR and are high DR.B or better. You can also increase your chances by playing when it's not as busy or create an account in another region so you play there when that region is mostly asleep.

You can also try to block them on psn and report them lots of times as it seems that only increases the chances dirty drivers end right back up with you :lol:

In NA at SR 99 and DR over 26K it seems you always get in the same top end room so it should be easy to be matched with friends if you have both have max SR and are high DR.B or better. You can also increase your chances by playing when it's not as busy or create an account in another region so you play there when that region is mostly asleep.

You can also try to block them on psn and report them lots of times as it seems that only increases the chances dirty drivers end right back up with you :lol:

Damn, I was almost there !!! SR99 most of the time since months, but DR was in the 21000+ till I got crashed all over the place two or tree FIA races in a row and ending in the last positions not pushing to pass guys it was risky too, felt down to about DR16000, loosing 2-3 month of efforts in a week. :(

Scared like **** to go back racing in FIA mode since.

thanks for inputs.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easy actually.. go to the lobby settings and name your lobby "Sport Mode" and set privacy to "friends only". Then have them joined.

You are welcome :)

I made more friends by being clean and respectful online and engaging with those I get matched with repeatedly.
That's how I met @PirovacBoy.

Him and his Ferrari :indiff: screwing up every corner :D

Last edited:
Its very much possible, under the right circumstances. Try racing on asian region at EU prime time, that is the period of low participation. Make sure that everyone is SR S and have a DR of B or higher. Dang it, didn't realise that this was a necroed thread.

I made more friends by being clean and respectful online and engaging with those I get matched with repeatedly.
That's how I met @PirovacBoy.
That’s true you get what u give. Was a Long Time ago, and yet I still remember when and where it was.
It must have been Alsace One Make in the Audi TT. With Big Stef and all the other real Aliens.
Damn that must have been love on first sight :lol:

It's easy actually.. go to the lobby settings and name your lobby "Sport Mode" and set privacy to "friends only". Then have them joined.

You are welcome :)

Him and his Ferrari :indiff: screwing up every corner :D
Hahaha, true, but that’s no big thing having you in a lobby and getting out crash free, is like milking mice. Don’t expect anything special :sly:

I had friends who somehow would get to race together in sport mode. All of 3 of them were seemingly lucky enough to keep being put in the same lobbies, and although I had the same rating, never got in.

Or if you keep seeing the same people in sport mode.. add them.
But again, just make a lobby. Sport mode is overrated.

Well one time during the Gr.4 daily race in Suzuka, I encountered @LotusEvoraGTE and at first I was shocked to see him making him the first friend I ever encountered in a Daily Race. Unfortunately just as the race was about to start, I got disconnected due to internet. :banghead:

So overall it's just random luck that one or more friends may be in the same race as you.

So overall it's just random luck that one or more friends may be in the same race as you.

All depends on your Dr and Sr. I used to be matched with a friend a lot back in the day, when we had similar Dr scores. Thst isn't the case anymore though as he topped out at low Dr B, and I've topped out at low Dr A.

All depends on your Dr and Sr. I used to be matched with a friend a lot back in the day, when we had similar Dr scores. Thst isn't the case anymore though as he topped out at low Dr B, and I've topped out at low Dr A.
You do got a point there. Lotus had a SR and DR rating of C while I have the same as his.

Back