Sport Mode

• Thread starter Robben
  • 61 comments
But Sport Mode in particular...

That was an adjustment for me coming from a hotlap background and mentality, I've yet to meet up with my old mates from days gone by but I know for sure all the allure of going at it hard with people you know race clean and hard will be impossible to stop. Maybe I'll give a shout out sometime soon.

Might need a ps4 first though :lol: psn+? nooooooooooooo

but the problem is that the more races there are, the more thinly spread the player base is and therefore the worse the matchmaking will be.

I agree. But only 1 more category should be no problem I think: Endurance
For example, once in a hour a 40-50 min race with more realistic tyre wear and fuel consumption, where you have to decide if you make 1 or 2 stops. And you should get much more credits and ex-ponits

Post copied from another thread but it's quite relevent here,
They really need to add a race D into the mix.
For me I always race and enjoy the GR3 or GR4 10/12 lap events, Sure you get a few bad matches and bad races but for the most part they are enjoyable and good competition and fun.
If there were 2 options for this each day I feel that it would add to the player base and not take away so much.

Surely I'm not the only person that doesn't race if it's like the events of the last 2 days GR3 on an oval or Gr1 event.

Saturday I played for 8+ hours on GR4 Maggie. Sunday and Monday i will just give it a miss and only log in and do the daily milage to get the car and turn off again this is taking away the player base!!.

If they added a 4th option they could keep it to the same format as race C but to me it would make more sense to use it to make the game better and use it to experiment with different options like,

Just ABS races
Races with counter steer assistance off,
20+ lap races, even something like a 45 -55min endurance with at least 2 pitstops (this would open up race strats at bit more.)
10 lap single make or production car races.
Etc etc etc....

Then see what interest this generates and use this info to give a better selection for daily races each day and also see how it affects the player base, It could help make it grow!!
Also,
I'm sure there is people that would like more variety in the shorter races but there just not for me, I find the race is over just as it gets going.

Post copied from another thread but it's quite relevent here,
They really need to add a race D into the mix.
For me I always race and enjoy the GR3 or GR4 10/12 lap events, Sure you get a few bad matches and bad races but for the most part they are enjoyable and good competition and fun.
If there were 2 options for this each day I feel that it would add to the player base and not take away so much.

Surely I'm not the only person that doesn't race if it's like the events of the last 2 days GR3 on an oval or Gr1 event.

Saturday I played for 8+ hours on GR4 Maggie. Sunday and Monday i will just give it a miss and only log in and do the daily milage to get the car and turn off again this is taking away the player base!!.

If they added a 4th option they could keep it to the same format as race C but to me it would make more sense to use it to make the game better and use it to experiment with different options like,

Just ABS races
Races with counter steer assistance off,
20+ lap races, even something like a 45 -55min endurance with at least 2 pitstops (this would open up race strats at bit more.)
10 lap single make or production car races.
Etc etc etc....

Then see what interest this generates and use this info to give a better selection for daily races each day and also see how it affects the player base, It could help make it grow!!
Also,
I'm sure there is people that would like more variety in the shorter races but there just not for me, I find the race is over just as it gets going.

I like the sentiment, but I disagree that there is space for a 'race d'. As I have also said elsewhere: the dilution of daily races is definitely something we don't need as the playerbase is already spread thinly enough. Evolution is already happening slowly with the introduction of firstly tyre wear/fuel consumption and then with Gr. 1, so I expect more complex races will be introduced in time. Be patient.

On paper, Sport mode is a bunch of simple ideas, the majority of them already seen in other games. What makes the difference is how they made them work as a whole, in my opinion. Quite a lot of people thinks the matchmaking based on DR and SR is just a trick that doesn't work as well as advertised because of people "tanking" their DR to get more wins, rammers in SR:S and stuff like that, but my experience after almost 200 Sport mode races is very positive about the matchmaking and this mode as a whole.
Safety rating and penalties are still far from perfect but we have to consider that it's still a computer which has to figure out how a contact/accident happened, a task which is sometimes hard even for experienced race stewards during real life races. It got better since the launch and it appears that they're trying to improve it constantly (i.e. silly penalties for overtaking crashed cars under yellows seems to be gone, or maybe I've just been lucky the last few days). The same goes for Balance of performance, there are still some over/underpowered cars on certain tracks but again, I have the feeling that they're going in the right direction (especially for GR4), it's nice to see a lot of different cars being competitive in the same race.
About having only 3 daily races, I'm good as it is now, as long as I find myself in a lobby full of people with the same DR and SR as me. Especially going forward, since the player base will likely get thinner as the game gets older. I prefer battling for 13th place alongside similarly skilled drivers in a track/car combination that I dislike rather than racing alone in first or last for the whole race in a car or track that I like. Luckily enough, 95% of the times I join a Sport mode race the lobby is full of identical DR/SR drivers as me: in FIA races there are usually something like 15 drivers in 1 seconds on a 2 minutes lap after that quick qualifying session. It tells a lot about the matchmaking system and that usually translates into really close racing. On the other hand, I've participated in some lobbies with DR going from S to D, and the difference was clear by simply looking at the mini-map, with the field very spread even in 3 laps races. It looked like multi-class racing, except it was one-make Audi TT races. If that's the price to pay to have more variety of daily races, I'm happy with how things are now.
Again about simple things: rolling starts are a good way to reduce accidents at the start, especially because they prevent some people from bumping their way into gaps that simply don't exist and causing mayhem even before approaching the first braking point. Yes, you're still metaphorically bracing yourself every single first corner even in SR:S but thinking about it, that's actually a positive because in most other console racing games you're simply resigned to the fact that as soon as you touch the brakes you're going to be launched somewhere. At least in Sport mode you're left with the doubt.
Another little thing: the chat before and after sessions and its clever, "auto-translated" messages. Again, nothing revolutionary at all. It was already in GT5 7 years ago I believe, but still, how many console racing games nowadays give you this quick opportunity to apologize for a bump, congratulate after a good fight or just let go some of your frustration against a rammer (except for the fact the he always leaves the lobby as quickly as possible)?
One thing I noticed is the very small amount of people quitting races. If it's because the game is pretty harsh with DR/SR penalties or something else, I have no idea. It means you're very rarely left alone on the track, you're always racing someone even after bad mistakes or being smashed off the track. That's a big improvement compared to your "ordinary" race in any other racing game. Rear-ended at first corner? Quit. Bad setup? Quit. First place is too far? Quit. The nearest car is 20 seconds ahead/behind you because everybody quitted? Quit. That's a regular lobby, including GT 5/6/GTS, but it seems different in Sport mode.
Last thing: connection quality; this game is probably the best I've experienced on PS4 regarding that, including non-racing games. Yes, when someone lags it's worse than any other game and it's impossible to stay close to the lagging car, but it happens very rarely and other than those isolated cases the game runs really smoothly.

Having said that, it's not that every race in sport mode is a blast. Sometimes races are dull, sometimes your race gets ruined by rammers or undeserved penalties, car/track combos can be quite boring and some of them are basically unplayable if you care about SR. Also, this mode really highlights the lack of tracks in this game if you exclude ovals and rally courses.
Anyway, all things considered, I'm really enjoying it and at times is huge fun. There's still a lot of room for improvement but as I already said the fact they're constantly improving the game hopefully means that Sport mode will get even better.

Last thing: connection quality; this game is probably the best I've experienced on PS4 regarding that, including non-racing games. Yes, when someone lags it's worse than any other game and it's impossible to stay close to the lagging car, but it happens very rarely and other than those isolated cases the game runs really smoothly.

This is the only thing I would debate,

Lag is a huuuuge problem for me. About half the races I am in are lag-fests. I usually have 4-5 bars but others on the grid really disrupt any chance at a race.

All they have to do is fix their linear extrapolation algorithm a bit and maybe have the car limited to a minimum, maximum speed and put them on rails during the lag (basically have the AI take over for the few milliseconds it occurs). Ghosting these cars would be optimal too. I know that this would give an "advantage" to the ghosted car but, TBF, they already have that advantage when they lag-ram people around them.

On paper, Sport mode is a bunch of simple ideas, the majority of them already seen in other games. What makes the difference is how they made them work as a whole, in my opinion. Quite a lot of people thinks the matchmaking based on DR and SR is just a trick that doesn't work as well as advertised because of people "tanking" their DR to get more wins, rammers in SR:S and stuff like that, but my experience after almost 200 Sport mode races is very positive about the matchmaking and this mode as a whole.
Safety rating and penalties are still far from perfect but we have to consider that it's still a computer which has to figure out how a contact/accident happened, a task which is sometimes hard even for experienced race stewards during real life races. It got better since the launch and it appears that they're trying to improve it constantly (i.e. silly penalties for overtaking crashed cars under yellows seems to be gone, or maybe I've just been lucky the last few days). The same goes for Balance of performance, there are still some over/underpowered cars on certain tracks but again, I have the feeling that they're going in the right direction (especially for GR4), it's nice to see a lot of different cars being competitive in the same race.
About having only 3 daily races, I'm good as it is now, as long as I find myself in a lobby full of people with the same DR and SR as me. Especially going forward, since the player base will likely get thinner as the game gets older. I prefer battling for 13th place alongside similarly skilled drivers in a track/car combination that I dislike rather than racing alone in first or last for the whole race in a car or track that I like. Luckily enough, 95% of the times I join a Sport mode race the lobby is full of identical DR/SR drivers as me: in FIA races there are usually something like 15 drivers in 1 seconds on a 2 minutes lap after that quick qualifying session. It tells a lot about the matchmaking system and that usually translates into really close racing. On the other hand, I've participated in some lobbies with DR going from S to D, and the difference was clear by simply looking at the mini-map, with the field very spread even in 3 laps races. It looked like multi-class racing, except it was one-make Audi TT races. If that's the price to pay to have more variety of daily races, I'm happy with how things are now.
Again about simple things: rolling starts are a good way to reduce accidents at the start, especially because they prevent some people from bumping their way into gaps that simply don't exist and causing mayhem even before approaching the first braking point. Yes, you're still metaphorically bracing yourself every single first corner even in SR:S but thinking about it, that's actually a positive because in most other console racing games you're simply resigned to the fact that as soon as you touch the brakes you're going to be launched somewhere. At least in Sport mode you're left with the doubt.
Another little thing: the chat before and after sessions and its clever, "auto-translated" messages. Again, nothing revolutionary at all. It was already in GT5 7 years ago I believe, but still, how many console racing games nowadays give you this quick opportunity to apologize for a bump, congratulate after a good fight or just let go some of your frustration against a rammer (except for the fact the he always leaves the lobby as quickly as possible)?
One thing I noticed is the very small amount of people quitting races. If it's because the game is pretty harsh with DR/SR penalties or something else, I have no idea. It means you're very rarely left alone on the track, you're always racing someone even after bad mistakes or being smashed off the track. That's a big improvement compared to your "ordinary" race in any other racing game. Rear-ended at first corner? Quit. Bad setup? Quit. First place is too far? Quit. The nearest car is 20 seconds ahead/behind you because everybody quitted? Quit. That's a regular lobby, including GT 5/6/GTS, but it seems different in Sport mode.

Having said that, it's not that every race in sport mode is a blast. Sometimes races are dull, sometimes your race gets ruined by rammers or undeserved penalties, car/track combos can be quite boring and some of them are basically unplayable if you care about SR. Also, this mode really highlights the lack of tracks in this game if you exclude ovals and rally courses.
Anyway, all things considered, I'm really enjoying it and at times is huge fun. There's still a lot of room for improvement but as I already said the fact they're constantly improving the game hopefully means that Sport mode will get even better.

Ciao Marco, and thank you for a great post.

I had one of the most fun online races I've ever had. I really felt like I was evenly matched with the drivers around me. Made for some awesome battles and great respectful clean racing. Thank you sport mode. You did it.

Video of said race below, yesterday's Daily C.

Thank you very much for that thread. It's like a love letter to PD! Haha. I couldn't agree more. I've been playing GT since 1998, along with every good racing game on PlayStation. The idea here is to be very positive, but in that interest there are certainly little things that can be improved.

For me:
1. HUD personalization. I race in cockpit view and wish I could remove the central section of the HUD (RPM etc) and rely on the car's display.
2. Similar to 1 but I'd love to be able to cycle MoTeC screens, just like in Project Cars, so that I don't even need anything else except radar.
3. Throttle / brake input setting. I find the curve too exponential on the gas pedal especially (close to what brakes should be actually).
I'm not even listing more cars, tracks, time of day, weather etc because I completely agree with PD's approach to get us used to the game in chunks. In this day and age of DLC and loot boxes, I'll take that approach any day of the week. Besides, anyone who experienced T1 of doom at Monza knows that we still have a lot to learn!
Regarding the difficult topic of daily races, I trust PD to be crunching numbers right now. Like everybody there are things I like more than others, but I believe the absolute goal is full grids with drivers as evenly matched as possible. So I'll keep on racing so those algorithms and developers can do their thing!

In the end, I believe it's all about the energy and enjoyment. GT Sport nails it and looks gorgeous while doing it. You can have the most realistic sim in the world, if you can't experience it easily with other people, fighting (fairly!) corner after corner, for me it's not as fun. I like PC2 but the online section is useless unless you're in a league. That takes time, planning and is almost impossible to be evenly matched. GT Sport solves all these issues, as long as drivers allow the game to place them after just a few races.
At first I did feel the game a little bit too "easy" on the physics' side, but Kaz convinced me. I read somewhere that he said "driving is easy, so the game shouldn't be hard". I'm paraphrasing but this hits home for me. PC2 or iRacing might be more realistic in terms of inputs, but there is so much feedback we don't have anyway (G Forces, vibrations, sound, vision...) that I understand the need for simplification.

I cannot wait to see what's next. I'm praying for the player base to keep growing, for people to stick around. The game is getting better, and the more you give the more you get!

And then there's this...

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180215161043.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180215161103.jpg

Thank you PD, thank you fellow racers, I'll see you online.

ID: sebweaseluk

Agree. First experience of online racing and just as I was getting disillusioned with console racing after what I thought was a poor couple of GT and Forza entries, and terrible, terrible PC1. This game is brilliant, already spent more time on it than GT5 and 6 together.

I forgot a key aspect even though my post was way too long already! It's just three letters: BoP. I know it's not perfect, but I absolutely love the idea that we can pick our favorite cars, and not worry about tuning which I never enjoyed. Just turn on the console and go racing!

Agree. First experience of online racing and just as I was getting disillusioned with console racing after what I thought was a poor couple of GT and Forza entries, and terrible, terrible PC1. This game is brilliant, already spent more time on it than GT5 and 6 together.

Hi! Glad we all agree :D. I had some fun playing GT6 online I gotta say, but that was in a league so I see what you're saying. I appreciate the effort behind Project Cars, you can feel it's made with passion, but PC2 was released way too early to beat GTS to the punch, and the community is too small especially since we can't cross play...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Seb Weasel

Great to see you are enjoying Sport Mode as much as I am.

I can't actually go a day without it.. I just crave it. Even today the races are crap, but I will still play it :lol:

Ive never been so conscious of time before. When I'm on my way home I find myself speeding up so I can make it home for race c on the hour or half past. And when I suddenly feel like a race and it's x.57 or x. 27....great feeling

Haha, that's awesome. It looks like for many of us Kaz and PD gave us the game we didn't know we wanted! In retrospect almost all main stream reviews got it wrong, focusing on lack of single player at release. Too bad because so many people rely on them (including me) and the goal was to push us all towards Sport mode!

Haha, that's awesome. It looks like for many of us Kaz and PD gave us the game we didn't know we wanted! In retrospect almost all main stream reviews got it wrong, focusing on lack of single player at release. Too bad because so many people rely on them (including me) and the goal was to push us all towards Sport mode!
Same here! I was furious when the game came out and there was no GT Mode. I missed it and moaned to everyone I knew about its omission.

Anyone else feel the same?

Me. As i started my career on this game, i've hanged around in all the lobbies. What a bad decision. Especially that rooms with the title "Fair or kick"... :D
Then i started Sport Mode and i'm very happy with it. I love to race there, the match marking is mostly very good and the races became more thrill. Lobbies are crap and i'm hanging 1 hour/week there. Than it is enough for another week :-)

It is more than racing, because you can grow up there with other friends and you improve with every race your skills to get better and better. Not like in the lobbies where you can race even if you do not really want to play at the moment. Many people there want to win, no matter if they kick and ram others out.

When i started, i found some new friends, they played the nordschleife every day in the evening the lobby. I never saw they in sport mode, and they are playing still every evening the Nordschleife in the lobbies. EVERY. EVENING. FOR. 4 . HOURS! Unbelievable...

Me. As i started my career on this game, i've hanged around in all the lobbies. What a bad decision. Especially that rooms with the title "Fair or kick"... :D
Then i started Sport Mode and i'm very happy with it. I love to race there, the match marking is mostly very good and the races became more thrill. Lobbies are crap and i'm hanging 1 hour/week there. Than it is enough for another week :-)

It is more than racing, because you can grow up there with other friends and you improve with every race your skills to get better and better. Not like in the lobbies where you can race even if you do not really want to play at the moment. Many people there want to win, no matter if they kick and ram others out.

When i started, i found some new friends, they played the nordschleife every day in the evening the lobby. I never saw they in sport mode, and they are playing still every evening the Nordschleife in the lobbies. EVERY. EVENING. FOR. 4 . HOURS! Unbelievable...
Yeah I jumped onto lobbies the other evening as I just wanted to watch some racing (whilst I was feeding my baby a bottle so I couldn't play :lol:) and there are loads of active lobbies! I was surprised at how many people are missing out on Sport Mode.

This is the only thing I would debate,

Lag is a huuuuge problem for me. About half the races I am in are lag-fests. I usually have 4-5 bars but others on the grid really disrupt any chance at a race.

All they have to do is fix their linear extrapolation algorithm a bit and maybe have the car limited to a minimum, maximum speed and put them on rails during the lag (basically have the AI take over for the few milliseconds it occurs). Ghosting these cars would be optimal too. I know that this would give an "advantage" to the ghosted car but, TBF, they already have that advantage when they lag-ram people around them.

Which region? In the European one, cases of annoying lag are really rare, at least from my experience. I can't say the same about other high-budget games, that's why I'm impressed by that. You're always quite confident to race very close to other people knowing that cars around you will not move in some unexpected and weird way. As I already said though, when it happens it's basically unplayable so I can understand how big of a problem it is having to deal with it on a regular basis.

Which region? In the European one, cases of annoying lag are really rare, at least from my experience. I can't say the same about other high-budget games, that's why I'm impressed by that. You're always quite confident to race very close to other people knowing that cars around you will not move in some unexpected and weird way. As I already said though, when it happens it's basically unplayable so I can understand how big of a problem it is having to deal with it on a regular basis.

I am from the USA so I am on the NA servers. However this is a complaint i have heard from others on different servers as well. I think it is mostly due to players with satellite internet. I am jealous that this is not an issue for you.:grumpy::lol:

I absolutely love it.

Despite the gripes we all have with the occasional race-ruining maniac, the unfair penalties and various other minor issues, I absolutely ****ing love Sport Mode. It is the best mode of any game I've ever played. Every race I do, my heart is beating out of sheer excitement (and nervousness) like I've never experienced before. Regardless of whether I have started in pole and feel the pressure of 3 or 4 racers immediately behind me for 3 or 4 laps knowing that I can't make a single mistake, or am fighting for a mid-pack finish looking to either hold a position against someone coming up behind you or trying to steal one extra spot before the end of the race, I don't care which - I want to keep or gain my position is all that I am focused on.

Most races I find that by the end I am gripping the controller to the point that it creaks, I have sweaty palms, my breath is held and heart trying to escape my chest! Then go over the finish line and breathe out, shaking with adrenaline :lol:.

It's ridiculous... it's a game! Why do I get affected so strongly by it?

In honesty, I was not a fan of Sport at first... having never played GT online, I just wanted GT Mode back with the car wash, oil change, License tests etc... I was moaning for weeks that it's "not the same" and how I want proper Gran Turismo back. Now I am completely converted. I had a definite turning point, which actually came after I started reading this forum... I came to realise how important sportsmanship is for DR, not just SR. And also how it is vital to practice a circuit and car combo until you feel you can do it on autopilot, before entering races. So thanks for that. It says a lot that I was sitting in C between about 6000 and 9000 DR and had 11 victories between November and 16th Jan. Now I have had 7 victories in 3 weeks, in a higher category and am up to 18000 DR!

All of your words are exactly what I am feeling. Just not the controller in my hands. But sweaty hands on the wheel every race. Today was great. I am B S mode and find it totally perfect. Every 10 races 1 victory makes it worthwile and fighting for positions. Man this game is indeed the best ever. But like I said, dont want to repeat your words but I have the exact same feeling.

Would be considered double posting ;)

I said this when I first started playing in Dec. Iv never gotten so worked up playing a game before, my wife tells me I need to simmer down. Started on the DS4 for about a week and said to myself this aint gonna work. Ordered a g29 that night. I now have joined a racing league and just ordered an omega gt art. Im in it for the long haul now:) While it can be really, really irritating to get punted, the few times it does happen do not out weigh the times it doesn't. Next up for me is to start FIA races, which I haven't done yet.

I said this when I first started playing in Dec. Iv never gotten so worked up playing a game before, my wife tells me I need to simmer down. Started on the DS4 for about a week and said to myself this aint gonna work. Ordered a g29 that night. I now have joined a racing league and just ordered an omega gt art. Im in it for the long haul now:) While it can be really, really irritating to get punted, the few times it does happen do not out weigh the times it doesn't. Next up for me is to start FIA races, which I haven't done yet.
I think you're gonna love them. I like your mentality, "glass half full"!
Tonight for example, I qualified P10 in a very tight mid field. The SECOND the race started, P11 started flashing his headlights all the way down the main straight (Nurburgring GP). You know the kind... He then proceeded to push me off the track at T2. I'm like an old fox now, I ALWAYS take the inside lines for lap 1, especially T1, but he came from super far away and bullied his way through, while of course flashing his headlights non stop.
Clean racing and fairplay come first, but since I don't like bullies, I decided to immediately stick my elbows out and get that position back, which I did at T3. Sure enough he didn't appreciate it but I went on to have a great scrap for P9 almost the entire race and had a BLAST. Watching the replay though, I saw that this guy ruined many peoples races so even mid B DR / S SR you can have bad surprises... But the qualifying session is awesome, and car's presentation before the race really nice to show off those liveries!

As you said, bad apples don't outweigh the positive and far from it. I've had several positions given back to me after "ambitious" overtakes even though the game didn't require (maybe could / should?), and many times it's just racing incidents for which people apologized.

A little view of my bully friend's SR crash to conclude. Mine is still at 99 :D

Have a good night and a great weekend, enjoy that G29!

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 23.10.56.png

Lag is a big problem, I always have to adjust my driving style when players around me lag and consider just not overtaking at all as a race can easily be ruined by a car jumping around. Today I got this at race start:

KiGc.jpg

Say your prayers now...

Luckily the 2 in front of me lag killed each other, while nr 11 only hit me once before I could leave him behind. A small miracle with 3 cars jumping around erratically. In GR.1 races 3 bar connections are already very dangerous to be around.

My internet isn't always stable either yet clears up quickly or disconnects entirely (cable). Yet every race there are yellow connections that never clear up and often a 1 bar connection as well. 2 bars is more rare somehow.

I guess this is as good as any place to ask... I am always at 3 bars. I have cable (Spectrum). Testing speeds I consistently get 60Mbps down and 5Mbps up. I assume it's the 5Mbps upload speed that is keeping me at 3 bars. I will upgrade if possible. What are the normal internet speeds people have to get 4 or 5 bars.

I agree!
Sport Mode is great...
Im totally addicted to it since the beggining, didn’t even finish the single player mode...

from the qualifyings to te races, the players, the fights, the mistakes, the winnings, the fastest slaps, the adrenaline and the rage!!

As some said only a few improvements should be add:
- Server Connection
- one or two more races would be nice too.

But overall is perfect....

I absolutely love it.

Despite the gripes we all have with the occasional race-ruining maniac, the unfair penalties and various other minor issues, I absolutely ****ing love Sport Mode. It is the best mode of any game I've ever played. Every race I do, my heart is beating out of sheer excitement (and nervousness) like I've never experienced before. Regardless of whether I have started in pole and feel the pressure of 3 or 4 racers immediately behind me for 3 or 4 laps knowing that I can't make a single mistake, or am fighting for a mid-pack finish looking to either hold a position against someone coming up behind you or trying to steal one extra spot before the end of the race, I don't care which - I want to keep or gain my position is all that I am focused on.

Most races I find that by the end I am gripping the controller to the point that it creaks, I have sweaty palms, my breath is held and heart trying to escape my chest! Then go over the finish line and breathe out, shaking with adrenaline :lol:.

It's ridiculous... it's a game! Why do I get affected so strongly by it?

In honesty, I was not a fan of Sport at first... having never played GT online, I just wanted GT Mode back with the car wash, oil change, License tests etc... I was moaning for weeks that it's "not the same" and how I want proper Gran Turismo back. Now I am completely converted. I had a definite turning point, which actually came after I started reading this forum... I came to realise how important sportsmanship is for DR, not just SR. And also how it is vital to practice a circuit and car combo until you feel you can do it on autopilot, before entering races. So thanks for that. It says a lot that I was sitting in C between about 6000 and 9000 DR and had 11 victories between November and 16th Jan. Now I have had 7 victories in 3 weeks, in a higher category and am up to 18000 DR!

I've been dabbling with the FIA races, just entering one every now and then... I like the way they are set up, the fact you qualify with everyone else on the track too, whilst frustrating at times when someone gets in your way when trying to set a time, makes it more of an event. Infuriatingly on Saturday's Nurburgring GP event, the guy in last sat on the home straight/T1 ruining people's races. I was having a great battle for with another guy, in P5 coming into the last lap when this helmet sat on the corner, so I swerved to avoid him.. he then started driving and got in front of me, so I went wide on T2 to go around him and was rewarded with a time penalty... he then cut T3 and got in front of me again, and then proceeded to brake checked me before I got to T4, so he went off in the sand and I got a further 10 second penalty. Luckily I managed to wear off the time penalty and take 6th but it was infuriating.

Hi!
Not sure but I think ping is very important, I don't know how it is with cable. Are you using wifi? Ethernet is always better. With fiber optics I'm usually at 7 or 8ms ping, 40 Mbps down 10 up, wired connection to the modem, almost always 5 bars.
I guess this is as good as any place to ask... I am always at 3 bars. I have cable (Spectrum). Testing speeds I consistently get 60Mbps down and 5Mbps up. I assume it's the 5Mbps upload speed that is keeping me at 3 bars. I will upgrade if possible. What are the normal internet speeds people have to get 4 or 5 bars.

Latest Posts

Back