Sport mode's "Daily Races" are actually "Weekly Races"....

englishbobsnr
...and have been for a number of years.

For a game by notorious perfectionist developers, why have they never changed the name since it changed frequency from daily to weekly?

...and have been for a number of years.

For a game by notorious perfectionist developers, why have they never changed the name since it changed frequency from daily to weekly?
They started out weekly before changing to daily, and were also called Daily Races.

Technically they're 20-minutely races (in A and B; 30-minutely races in C).

They started out weekly before changing to daily, and were also called Daily Races.

Technically they're 20-minutely races (in A and B; 30-minutely races in C).
I must have mis-remembered it then. I thought that back in the full GT Sport game before 7, Daily races where actually issued every day - until they got bored of doing that and switched to updating them weekly but never bothering to change it on the menu from Daily races - and still it's the same in 7's Sport mode.

Daily races that are updated weekly sounds odd to me - they are Weekly races

I always thought of it as "daily races because they're the one's you'll be doing every day".

A weekly race would suggest there's one day of the week when it takes place.

I must have mis-remembered it then. I thought that back in the full GT Sport game before 7, Daily races where actually issued every day - until they got bored of doing that and switched to updating them weekly but never bothering to change it on the menu from Daily races - and still it's the same in 7's Sport mode.
The first two sets of Daily Races were a week long each - except the very first which was ten days long but you wouldn't have noticed unless you had a review copy or got an early delivery. It switched to daily changes of the races on October 31, 2017.

They changed back to week-long races on July 31, 2018, and have been ever since.

Marketing is your answer. But I'd imagine that because the player counts by "relative" measures are pretty low is that they don't really care.

I get it's their dream but the reality is it's fairly small (in relative terms of players) so it's probably low on the list of taxonomy they want to fix

Back