Spring Rates & Suspension - very interesting research

• Thread starter szejok666
  • 110 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I would like to join folks but I have a blown motherboard issue,time to pull out the bag of hammers and see what I can do.
Well, sounds like it's time to upgrade to an AMD FX-9370 CPU and a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 Motherboard. ;) Might as well throw in a Radeon R9 295 Graphics card too, got to be ready for Project Cars at 4K quality. :P Good luck with the computer though man.

Well, sounds like it's time to upgrade to an AMD FX-9370 CPU and a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 Motherboard. ;) Might as well throw in a Radeon R9 295 Graphics card too, got to be ready for Project Cars at 4K quality. :P Good luck with the computer though man.
Yeah can I borrow some money, its toast. Arrrrrgh. Looks like some OT,OT,OT, is coming, have to buy wheel too.

Wow,how many of you have drove a 3 speed standard,on the tree,standard steering and standard drum brakes?
Well that car in my avatar is exactly that,I can guarantee,with out a doubt, half of you couldn't even find first gear,let alone drive it without killing yourself.
The car has been in my family for 45 years and every son learned on that big old boat.All 3 of us. All original except for tires,cam,exhaust and some minor suspension tweeks.
So in real world terms,your snookered.
Sorry Clascar should have put that all on it's own,not intended for you.

I have and I know perfectly well where 1st gear is. And I had no problem at all driving the car without killing myself, obviously. Car was a 1972 Chevy Nova, straight 6 with 3 on the tree.....great car.

I have and I know perfectly well where 1st gear is. And I had no problem at all driving the car without killing myself, obviously. Car was a 1972 Chevy Nova, straight 6 with 3 on the tree.....great car.
Well your the first victim,come on down,how ya feeling my friend.

Can I just remind everyone in here to calm down and follow the AUP.

If complaints about this thread continue to flood the report system then it will e locked and action taken against those that think the AUP is optional.

Note that this is not open for debate or discussion.

what would be good to know from "those guys" is what's behind the ride height
is it the suspension travel length or not ?
i did some trials with all kind of suspensions by adding/removing weight and comparing the same cars in photo mode
well the visual ride height had no changes at all
i can understand that for the full suspension kit which is a coilover suspension
but not for a standard suspension

but maybe they have a fixed suspension travel length and it would be good to have a list

because, how can you calculate spring rate without knowing suspension travel length ...

what would be good to know from "those guys" is what's behind the ride height
is it the suspension travel length or not ?
i did some trials with all kind of suspensions by adding/removing weight and comparing the same cars in photo mode
well the visual ride height had no changes at all
i can understand that for the full suspension kit which is a coilover suspension
but not for a standard suspension

but maybe they have a fixed suspension travel length and it would be good to have a list

because, how can you calculate spring rate without knowing suspension travel length ...
Frankly its irrelevant, using any real life suspension theories to calculate spring rates in GT is like using real life bullet drop theories to calculate that 1000yrd head shot in Battlefield, the programmed ideas are the roughly the same (the bullet does drop over distance) but that doesn't mean your shot isn't going to sail a foot over the guys head (not a real gun/bullet).

@DolHaus i agree but at some extends there is something in the code
reverse engineering can probably help to extract a formula to calculate it
and not use the trials and erros method

didn't PoDi said that they worked with University Heads to put real motion physics into their physic engine ?
that's maybe why it's still a mess :lol:

@DolHaus i agree but at some extends there is something in the code
reverse engineering can probably help to extract a formula to calculate it
and not use the trials and erros method

didn't PoDi said that they worked with University Heads to put real motion physics into their physic engine ?
that's maybe why it's still a mess :lol:
Reverse engineering the numbers even if you had access to the code could take years if not decades, its not like you'll suddenly stumble across a folder labelled "Spring rate formula" and be given some magical set of figures that instantly makes you the fastest guy on the track. Anyway, even if it was discovered it would only have a short window of effectiveness before everyone starts using it and you're all back to level pegging again except now the game is ruined for those people who enjoyed tuning.

The physics are certainly based around real life theories and formulas because using existing ideas is a lot easier than creating your own, this said there is no guarantee that all the cars are using the exact same physics model or that they haven't altered some of the constant numbers (ie. gravity) to make them work better with the physics engine.

Don't even bother feeding the troll and his friends. I still have not seen him post one single tune, just a bunch of blah,blah,blah. As for his buddies that are on this site and hide on the other site,well its all good. Keep making your pretend cars.

But I thought he was a Real World Physics tuning guy,using RS tires? Ha ha. Go watch his real world Lexus Vision GT video, nice editing by the way. Isn't that a pretend "real world car". Never mind silly me this is a video game,nothing real world applies.

I don't get it. You have beef with hybrids because they are "pretend", yet you conceid that nothing in the game really applies to the real world...so doesnt that make your "un-pretend" cars as unreal as any "pretend" car. Why does it matter to you how other people enjoy the game?

I smell a slight contradiction

I don't get it. You have beef with hybrids because they are "pretend", yet you conceid that nothing in the game really applies to the real world...so doesnt that make your "un-pretend" cars as unreal as any "pretend" car. Why does it matter to you how other people enjoy the game?

I smell a slight contradiction
Little late to the party ya think?

Little late to the party ya think?

:lol: Your point? I didn't realise time magically made contradictions disappear.

I entered this thread hoping to find useful info, instead I came across the typical bickering. Your blatant contradiction on the first page is really the only thing which stuck out to me, so I commented on it.

Anyways, I'll let you get back to whatever it was you were "discussing".

Can I just remind everyone in here to calm down and follow the AUP.

If complaints about this thread continue to flood the report system then it will e locked and action taken against those that think the AUP is optional.

Note that this is not open for debate or discussion.

:lol: Your point? I didn't realise time magically made contradictions disappear.

I entered this thread hoping to find useful info, instead I came across the typical bickering. Your blatant contradiction on the first page is really the only thing which stuck out to me, so I commented on it.

And most of us dropped the off topic arguing, then you bring it back up. There may be some worthless discussion in this thread, but the point of this thread is to discuss sinister's tuning theories since they are not natively located here, being that he would just get banned if he came back anyways. You can go to NGU if you want to read these theories though.

And most of us dropped the off topic arguing, then you bring it back up. There may be some worthless discussion in this thread, but the point of this thread is to discuss sinister's tuning theories since they are not natively located here, being that he would just get banned if he came back anyways. You can go to NGU if you want to read these theories though.
Fair enough. I'll admit I posted before reading the entire thread, so I hadn't seen Scaff's warning yet, so I apologize for being off topic.

Well you won't find anything here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back