Sprite's Photo Thread

• Thread starter Sprite
  • 126 comments
It seems they like to dip in to the parts bin for thier cameras. Unfortunately the lens detachable, but I can see this being a sleeper street can as its very quiet.

Is that lens is not detachable? I would assume so. I wouldn't know how an interchangeable lens rangefinder would even work. How would you set it up for other lenses? I don't know that there aren't any, but it never occurred to me before.

Yes, quiet. That leaf shutter is nothing outdoors!

Is that lens is not detachable? I would assume so. I wouldn't know how an interchangeable lens rangefinder would even work. How would you set it up for other lenses? I don't know that there aren't any, but it never occurred to me before.

The Leica M system has interchangeable lenses. Thus the infamous Noctilux 50mm F/0.95 that some M9 shooters use.

From what I can find, the lens is attached to a rectangular plate with 4 screws under the leather effect. It's attached to the film advancement and shutter in a major way so removing the lens means removing everything else.

Just one from me, its been a slow week for photography, just so much else to do. I have finished the roll of film in the Voigtlander though and I've created my account with Ilford so I can get them developed to negative.

Sorry for the slow updates. It really has been a tricky few weeks and very busy. But I managed to get the film developed from the Zorki and Voigtlander and scan some of the images in. They all have developer / water marks on them. My scanner is garbage too. :yuck:

First up are some shots from the street fair for my local village. Next week is the main village show too.

Now the Zorki Images. Film was Ilford HP5 400.

Next the Voigtlander with the same film.

I've also just got an M39 adapter for the Fuji so I can use my Jupiter 8 lens. Plus I picked up a Helios Viewfinder for the Zorki and Voigtlander (crud on the Fuji) and also a soft shutter release button.

One more shot.

No processing apart from a little bit of sharpening. This is an OOC JPEG with the Jupiter 8 lens on the Fuji. I dig the tones.

Last edited:
Sweet. Any favourite, between the Zorki and the Voigtländer?

Also, the tones are very nice indeed, on that last shot. Looks special.

The Voigtlander is a much easier camera to use in terms of knowing and seeing what the may turn out like. The Zork has issues when winding the film on because it slips and double exposes some frames, plus the Jupiter lenses aperture ring turns with the focus so I have to guess what its set at and then compensate.

I think I may just put the Zorki to one side and eventually get around to restoring it, Ive already been chasing some new parts in brass online from the Zorki 1. I also want to clean up the metal work and replace the leatherette around the body.

I really want an S2 for film, but I need to save as its low down on my kit list at the moment.

The Jupiter lens on the Fuji is a little gem. Not the sharpest by any means but creates some lovely looking colours and bokeh.

Two more from the Jupiter 8

Last edited:
Some more from yesterday evenings walk, it was getting on for 6pm and clouds were rolling in and rain threatened to soak us, but luckily it didn't and the sun kept trying to break through. Didn't go far just down the road and back about 15/20 minutes to walk our 20 year old Laso.

Thanks. I'm gutted about the marks. I need to find time and get the chems I need. I might pick up some more film too and developing kit. Got to check the bank balance first. :D

I'm gutted about the marks.

I would be too, I'd also be quite pissed that they came back from the lab like that. Is there any guarantee from that sort of thing? Maybe you could get them to do your next few rolls on the house?

I would be too, I'd also be quite pissed that they came back from the lab like that. Is there any guarantee from that sort of thing? Maybe you could get them to do your next few rolls on the house?

Yeah, good luck with that. You might recall my slide roll that was run as C-41 a month or so ago? Wrote a letter to the lab asking that they at least replace the film like for like, if not offer a freebie process or two (instead of the disposable camera with 800-speed print film!)

No response, not even a denial, much less a roll of Velvia like they ruined. And it was a Fuji lab!

Well it's certainly worth a try, then if they deny it or refuse to reimburse some way or another you know not to use them in the future.

Developing at home seems to be the way to go. My only issue so far, with printing that is, is I'm using a good bit of water even while trying to be conservative.

I'm not going to bother trying to get some sort of recompense as I know it might be an easy fix, if not a bit bothersome.

I'm not going to develope the images to print, but just to negative at the moment.

Ok guys, those who own a Fuji X-E1 or X Pro1 the new firmware is up. V1.06 for X-E1 and v2.05 for X Pro1

Fuji
1.Operability is improved to change settings easier and quicker by "single-hand".
(1)"Focus Frame Selection" option is added to "Fn" (function) button.
(2)One more "Fn" function (No.2) is added to the down key of the "Selector".
In the "Fn BUTTON" on the SHOOTING MENU, selection of "Fn BUTTON" or "▼SELECTOR" is added. The default setting of the added Fn function (No.2) is "Focus Frame Selection".

2.Function to enable "Command dial" to control aperture setting for XF lens without an aperture ring is added.
This function is for the XF27mmF2.8 and XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS which don't have an aperture ring. On the Shooting Mode, "APERTURE SETTING" is added and one of "AUTO+MANUAL", "AUTO" and "MANUAL" can be selected.
For detail of how to operate, please refer to the operation manual "Before Using This Product" bundled with above lenses.

Note
The "APERTURE SETTING" will be newly appeared, but it is not selectable unless either XF27mmF2.8 or XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS is attached to a camera.

Linky

Last edited:
Some shots from the last few days.

This is my local station and you may have seen photos taken on this very platform from the same spot before. This is how it looks at the moment but soon it will be torn down and a hotel will be built in its place.

This is the station they are building to take its place, this shot is from the same spot but I have turned 180 and this is what is going on down the platform.

Also picked up two rolls of Fuji Supiera 200 for the Voigtlander.

Said camera ready to rock.

Fuji with the Helios 44M

Last edited:
Some images I took last weekend at my villages fair. We hold an annual fair in the park on the last Sunday in June. This year seemed busier than usual.

These few were taken just before the show.

image.jpg

Not been in the photo threads for some time as I've been very busy with work and other stuff like GTAV etc. Anyway I wanted to try out the GTP upload feature, as I wanted to see how well the workflow would be using just the camera, an iPad Air and camera connection kit.

So this shot was taken with the X-E1 the moved onto the Air via an SD connection kit. This was then edited using Snapseed and uploaded directly to GT Planet. It's all pretty seamless and easy. đź‘Ť

Ok I managed to get out yesterday with the camaera while walking the dog. A few shots edited in Snapseed.

10928008013_d51da0057f_z.jpg

10927779006_258a10ca36_z.jpg

10928001683_fb578cddd7_z.jpg

10927719775_a322c2bd22_z.jpg

Indeed it's a great looking camera, it's also very light compared to my old SLR it replaced.

The results vary quite a bit, depending on the lens etc but it can produce some astounding images when in the correct hands.

Some of this stuff looks great!. I still don't think I have processed the first roll from my Voigtlander yet and I have had it a while.
Was that patch texture as the film was out of the camera? Self developed or from a shop?

Some of this stuff looks great!. I still don't think I have processed the first roll from my Voigtlander yet and I have had it a while.
Was that patch texture as the film was out of the camera? Self developed or from a shop?

They were processed by Illford and they sent me back the negatives, I then scanned them with cheap Epson scanner/printer/fax monstrosity.

Interesting contrast - at first I thought "heck, that is close". But after a second look, the iP has some weird distortions. Whew!

Interesting contrast - at first I thought "heck, that is close". But after a second look, the iP has some weird distortions. Whew!

I know, for inter-web stuff the iPhone does a pretty good job. However it's not a patch on a real camera which makes me feel happy. I really don't think it's going to be long though before phones are on par in terms of censor.

Overall there is always a reason to have a dedicated camera.

Video is a different matter, for me the Fuji is trounced.

Fuji @ 1080p 24fps

iPhone 6+ @ 1080p 60fps

Ok I'm getting annoyed with myself for not shooting much for such a long time.

As such I'm back on it from this weekend and will be hitting the streets, fields, parks and who knows where else looking for picks.

There are to local events going on in a few weeks and I want to get back up to speed and comfortable with my kit before tackling them.

I also want to justify the cost of a new camera.

Back