• 34 comments

Does this interest you?

• pffft rally shmally.... I'm off!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, and anyone who is interested in taking part in a 5 week event that could be right up your alley 👍 We just finished running a WRS team event created by @Jump_Ace that left me itching for another comp so this is basically an interest thread to see who's up for it and to let you know how the competition will be run and to see if it's worth doing at all? I love Rally cars in GT so I'm in :lol:

I wanted to post another ARC series that I put up in previous years and earlier GT versions that were pretty successful with good turnouts over the years but in GT6 all the arcade rally cars are not available in the courtesy cars section 👎 So now with an amazing name change it's going to be SRC series and that's abbreviated from 'Stock Rally Cars' as all the cars will be Rally cars with no adjustments at all other than oil! simply buy the car from the manufacturer, change the oil and put the tyre's on for the event on that week and the car is ready to race :mischievous:

Ok here are the other important details...
  • The SRC is a solo drivers event and not a team event on this occasion
  • All 5 rally cars will cost a total of 2.3 million credits to buy
  • If the cost is too much then maybe another time 👍
  • The series will consist of 3 tar Time Trials with S3 tyres and 2 Dirt/Snow TT's with Rally tyres
  • You choose the Rally car for the week (from the 5 you buy) to drive when I announce the track on the new week
  • Each car can only be used 1 time by each driver so they will have driven all 5 by the end
  • Please dont announce the car you are using in any given week and let it be seen in the results only... let the splits do the talking as tactics can be the key to success ;)
  • You must not adjust anything in the car settings or your car will be invalid for the event
  • No downforce adjustments allowed... stock only
  • No 'SRF or Active Steering and you must set the Track edge to 'REAL'
  • No Body Rigidity improvements
  • No Wall contacts or shortcuts and and 2 wheels must be on track at all times or your lap will be invalid
  • Rumble strips and white rumble strips and tar behind the white line are allowed, The green area behind rumbles are out of bounds like grass as per the norm 👍
  • No Clutch just as WRS Rules
  • No posting of full laptimes during the weeks only designated split times please
  • You must save your best clean lap replay and submit it to me before each weekly deadline
  • Revised points will be awarded as... The last place driver will get 5 points and every person ahead will get an extra point for every player they beat! 2nd last get 6 points etc.. 1st in a grid of 20 drivers would get 24 points etc... every round will be scored like this
  • All drivers replays will be reviewed for every round of the series
  • Enjoy the series :)👍
Here are the 5 cars you must buy before signing up to take part... Please don't use one that is already in your garage in case it has been adjusted previously and the car would be invalid :(
Buy them all brand new from the showroom please 👍

logo-src.png

|:STOCK RALLY CAR SERIES:|

corolla 2.jpg
Toyota Corolla Rally '98 cost = 300k

focus 2.jpg
Ford Focus Rally Car '99 cost = 250k

impreza 2.jpg
Subaru Rally Prototype '01 cost = 300k

Integrale 2.jpg
Lancia Delta Integrale '92 cost = 750k

accent 2.jpg
Hyundai Accent Rally '01 cost = 750k

I will post race 1 in a few days when and if I see some numbers interested and I have selected the car myself for the opener as it's the most powerful in stock form and all the other 4 are practically identical in hp and the choice begins with those ;) Here's the schedule...

Week 1 = Tar (Lancia Delta Integrale Rally Car) Track: TBA
Week 2 = Rally
Week 3 = Tar
Week 4 = Rally
Week 5 = Tar

Please show your interest by making a post in here and I will add you to a list of interested parties and also.. feel free to invite your friends or whoever you think will enjoy these events, It should be a blast and who knows what car will perform best at different tracks? It will be hours of fun finding out :mischievous:

If no interest I will delete this thread 2 weeks from today as it should be long enough for most to acquire the credits needed for this series :) As soon as we get 12 or more drivers I will get the ball rolling and set the start date! Thanks for taking the time to read all the details and feel free to sign up for some rallying :cool:
Cheers
Ron.

Interested Drivers
Gravitron
Jump_Ace
Kelly
otxjto
Doodle
Vagabond
mcsqueegy
mickyevs
Im_Lukas
NielsG
Roamer2629
The Boss69
Deaconblues82

Last edited:
Looks like fun, Ron. 👍 Sign me up. I can also help with dissecting replays if you have any need of that. :mischievous:

Curious what the tracks will be. :)

Um, yes please, sign me up buddy :D

Jerome

Welcome aboard guys :cool:👍

Thanks for the offer to help with replays Gravitron, I will gladly accept... Cheers mate! 👍

added to list of drivers :)

GT Academy starts next week, would this start after that?

Jerome

GT Academy starts next week, would this start after that?

Jerome

I was thinking maybe I would put up round 1 next week as a warm up but still with points for the event and let it run for a couple of weeks and still have the series open to sign ups who have maybe tried a few laps on round 1 and enjoyed it and want more... then we could start the rest of the rounds after GTA is complete with the hidden car rounds :)
I wont be taking part in GTA but I fully understand the time and effort that it needs to be competitive! Good luck to all taking part :cheers:

I don't really want to wait 6 weeks to post the 1st round tbh but I'm happy to stagger it over a longer period of time if it doesn't make people lose interest? Feel free to chuck some suggestions regarding the timing of the comp please guys and I will try to go with the majority when posting the rounds, Thanks 👍

I'm interested! Sign me up Ron. :D

Done! Welcome aboard mate 👍

I agree Ron, we all know that the first 3 rounds of GT Academy are going to be boring, and then the final one which matters doesn't start till the beginning of June, so let's get it on.

I can't believe @Vagabond hasn't gotten in on some of this action yet. :P

I thought GT:A was going to be just one event again. Isn't that what it was last year or am I crazy?

Jerome

I think you're crazy. :boggled:

Last year wasn't so boring because we had Silverstone and GT6 demo, but there were still weeks of lead-in to the final event.

This year is not looking too different.

I'm definitely up for this! Reminds me of some of the older series' back in the GT4 days :cool:

I do tend to suck on the gravel, though :lol:

Not sure if you are taking part going by your cryptic post Chris :D I put you down anyway and also mcsqueegy 👍 Welcome aboard guys :cool:

I'm at work just now on an 11 hour shift... will post Round 1 tomorrow evening and let it run for 3 weeks which should be adequate and not disrupt any GT Academy time that people need 👍
I hope everyone will enjoy the opener :nervous:
Cheers :cheers:

Hi guys, a quick question to the WRS admins... would it be ok if I borrowed the weekly race specifics template with all the rules etc and adapt it for each round of this comp please? It will take me a while to create and word out my own version when I could just borrow and amend as the rules are pretty much the same all round anyway :) I will send it back when I'm done with it :D

Thanks in advance for any reply even a refusal due to copyrighting etc :P
Cheers :cheers:

Sounds fine to me. @EDK?

We could send it to you in a pm with plain tags around it so everything would be retained. Not sure how well it works if you simply copy/paste it directly.

I wouldn't post it without permission... but I have been messing with a copy/paste of the week 13 template and started pre building the race 1 thread just to give me a head start as I'm back in work quite a few times tomorrow prepping to get ready for a members night tomorrow evening, so far I adapted to the race I will post and kept all the olr universal rules and replay stuff etc... most of the layout tbh :P will wait for Kev to give the final approval ;)👍

Thanks for the quick reply mate :cheers:

Hi everyone, and anyone who is interested in taking part in a 5 week event that could be right up your alley 👍 We just finished running a WRS team event created by @Jump_Ace that left me itching for another comp so this is basically an interest thread to see who's up for it and to let you know how the competition will be run and to see if it's worth doing at all? I love Rally cars in GT so I'm in :lol:

Sorry Ron, don't know what I did there. Please add me to the list of interested drivers. You probably need someone to prop up the LB. :lol:

Better start grinding.

:gtpflag:

Heading to work soon... so hopefully Kev is cool about the copy/paste thingy ;)
Round 1 is posted... Have fun guys 👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/src-round-1.307310/

I have decided to change the point system straight away after considering some 2nd opinions from some friends 👍
Much better this way ;)

• Revised points will be awarded as... The last place driver will get 5 points and every person ahead will get an extra point for every player they beat! 2nd last get 6 points etc.. 1st in a grid of 20 drivers would get 24 points etc... every round will be scored like this

Last edited:
Back