SRF ARS World GT Series | Finale On Friday! Taking Reserves

• Thread starter ART Haighy
  • 65 comments
Still not enough sign ups though, and we'd have to do placement tests amongst other things, would have to push the season back 2-3 weeks
If enough people show interest it wouldn't be the worst thing to take a week to sort it out and get the most amount of people on track. I did it in IRS for the Blancpain Championship and it worked quite well. Have people submit time trials

If enough people show interest it wouldn't be the worst thing to take a week to sort it out and get the most amount of people on track. I did it in IRS for the Blancpain Championship and it worked quite well. Have people submit time trials

See what happens on the run up to the season opener

Definitely keep an open mind about it. I'm not gonna tell you what to do but I would suggest being open about the idea of two lobbies. It's tough but can work out if you get a really large group. If you have 16-20 I'd say stick with one lobby and a few reserves. There's always someone that misses a week.

I would suggest perhaps splitting this into Pro & Am lobbies (if there are enough sign ups). GT3 categories have always been popular so I'm sure it will work out. (I'll still stay as reserve as I cannot commit to a full season at the moment)
We could also just split the one lobby and run 2 pro/am classes

What timezone league uses? BST/GMT?

I will sign up as a reserve, possibly open for full time if spot opens.

PSN Id: sota__59
Car: Audi R8
Title Sponsor: Red Bull
Team Name: GT-MES Racing Team
Racing number: 59

PSN Id: sota__59
Car: Audi R8
Title Sponsor: Red Bull
Team Name: GT-MES Racing Team
Racing number: 59

If somebody wants to team up, i am willing to race under different teams banner, or other way around.

Then they're clearly not a Pro driver if they can't stay on track lol

Firstly. We would have to do placement tests, because to run 2 splits we'd need 28 sign-ups, incase you haven't noticed, only 16 get in a lobby.

Secondly. An exhibition race, would not just be impossible, but silly, if there is an incident and someone who has the pace to be in a pro split has their race ended, what are we gonna do? Put them in am?

You don't just have their finishing position to go on. There's also where they qualified, their fastest lap and their overall race pace which can seen on replay. I get that it's a lot of work but it's not actually impossible. Just a lot of hard work

You don't just have their finishing position to go on. There's also where they qualified, their fastest lap and their overall race pace which can seen on replay. I get that it's a lot of work but it's not actually impossible. Just a lot of hard work

Do you even know what a placement test is? A 7 lap stint in your car of choice at two circuits, taking the fastest laps from both circuits for data.

Cut entry list to 2 groups, 2x 30-minute sessions, random track, no fuel/tyre wear, just flat out.
30-minutes should be enough time for drivers to show their pace, and admin can publish final entry list with reserves based on those times.

Cut entry list to 2 groups, 2x 30-minute sessions, random track, no fuel/tyre wear, just flat out.
30-minutes should be enough time for drivers to show their pace, and admin can publish final entry list with reserves based on those times.

And with this i meant only 2 groups for time trial.

Then they're clearly not a Pro driver if they can't stay on track lol
If you get taken out and therefore relegated to Am split that isn't a fair representation of your pace. This leads to you losing a round while your actual rank is sorted, and causes more headaches for organisers.

Your statement is puzzling because it's so ignorant, and also because you should know the potential headaches that come with running and organising series'.

PSN Id: HoudiniMeyers
Car: Ford Mustang GT3
Title Sponsor: Martini
Team Name: Scuderia Martini Racing
Racing number: #23

Last edited:
Back