SRM has moved over to the pcars2 section, see ya on the other side!PS4 

• Thread starter mphile77
  • 4,511 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @mphile77 , can you sign me up for this Cadillac series please?
My car pick/s (Shortlisting two in case you don't see one from what you have available in garage. Whichever will do. Order of preference listed):
Brps #46 or
Cadillac Racing #3

Thanks bro. Let me know.
Your in the 46!

A couple notes for the N24 Endurance coming up:

• Penalties will be turned OFF.
  • Rain will cycle TWICE. Laps 3-5 and 7-9. Up to you to figure out your strategy.
  • Beware of landmines, I hit 4 practicing this (2 dead stops, 1 bump, and 1 explosion). If you come across somebody stuck upside down, please give them a friendly bump to right them.
I think this is gonna be a blast! :D

Hey ya wanks im back in town and should be there for the Nurb event :D.

Three days straight of motorcycle cycling riding, 2 dirt biking days and one track day and im wooped :drool:.
IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0765.PNG

:gtpflag:Race Day Alert :gtpflag:

Ok gang i just rolled into town last night and im a bit off camber :lol:. So tonight we head to the Nurb combined for a pee jug marathon :eek:, so don't forget to have a cooler full of your favorite beverage sitting aside of your race rig because this one will require some booze :cheers:, and if we see your car sitting along the road we can only assume your peejug is broke or you ran out of booze :scared:, so be prepared! Don't forget to call out the words drinking on the big straight, haha!

Added: if your car selection was not installed down below please repost for me, like i said i may have missed some stuff since i was out of town, thanks!

5161681f1235ce588fe4f719bf2187d3-jpg.646314

2nd Annual SRM Nurburgring 24HR
2 Class Event GT3/Clio Cup

Tuesday 5/30 - Qualifying @7:30PM EST, Race @8:30PM EST

10 Laps @ Nurburgring Combined (GP + Nordschleife)
Race will be around 90 Mins!
Prep those pee jugs!
24 Hour Day-Night Cycle
Start Time - 14:00
Time Progression - 15x
Light Cloud / Fog / Light Rain / Light Cloud
Weather Progression - 5x
Mandatory Pit Stop
Tire Wear - 3x
Real Fuel
Visual Damage
All Aids Allowed
Penalties OFF

DUE TO COMPLICATIONS WITH THE PIT BOX, DRIVER ENTRIES ARE LIMITED TO 15 TOTAL DRIVERS! One spot must be occupied with an AI driver, who will drive a random car at beginner difficulty for one lap, at which time it will make its mandatory stop and should get stuck in the pits for the remainder of the race. Drivers will still be awarded points for their position should they also become stuck and catch the glitch as per the stipulation below.*

Makes Allowed:

Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3
BMW Z4 GT3
Ginetta G55 GT3
McLaren 12C GT3
Mercedes AMG GT3
RUF RGT-8 GT3
Renault Clio Cup

Banned GT3/GTE:

Aston Martin Vantage V8 GTE
Bentley Continental GT3
BMW M3 GT (E92)
Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3

• Drivers are free to choose either class GT3/Clio, though efforts should be made to keep classes as even as possible.
  • Average Lap time for GT3's is around 9:00, Clio 10:30
  • GT3 max fuel is 7 laps, Clio 3.5 laps
  • While damage is off, it is still possible to damage your headlights, repairing them in the pit is possible. With that said...
  • The rearview mirror is very poor at showing cars behind you when it's dark. So PLEASE BE SURE TO PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR TRACK MAP. We all know there's not a lot of passing areas here, so everyone needs to be extra cautious, especially after the sun goes down.
  • This is a difficult track to qualify for, due to it's length and the number of turns. So it's possible you don't put up a time at all and start behind an overall slower car, if that's the case, be cautious going around at the start and be aware of the other cars in your class that may be in the same predicament.
*There is a small possibility of the pit bug rearing its head on this track. It happened last year, but in recent testing we were unable to replicate it. Precautions will still be taken to avoid the game bugging out, but we are at the mercy of Project Cars. If someone does get the pit bug, and is unable to release from the pits, you will still be awarded position points for the position you entered the pit. Please post in the SRM Playstation Chat, or here with what position you entered the pit should you encounter the bug that will not let you out of the pit box.

1. Mexxi - McLaren GT3
2. Ipecac - Clio
3. McInnis - Ruf GT3
4. Grim - Clio
5.Lobban- Clio
6.Aero- Clio
7. bloodyboyblue - Ruf GT3
8.Mphile-Audi#66

Just a little heads up, there is a small PS4 system update (340 MB). Just thought I'd mention in case someone was going to be rushed a bit this evening.

Thanks for the heads up!

A couple free seats tonight if anyone wants to get some buds in who won't already be. :)

Well that happened. Thanks to everyone for sticking it out. I know some guys had a great time and some guys had the opposite. Sorry to those guys who got hosed by the crap optimization of this game. :banghead: I had a good time even though I borked my last pitstop, and no landmines so that's always a bonus.

Anyways, big Congrats to @mexxifrieboy the GT3 winner and @bloodyboyblue the Clio Cup Winner!! You guys raced great and had sound strategies, so well done!

SRM - Series Results 2017 - N24.png

Attachments

• SRM - Series Results 2017 - N24.pdf
    63.4 KB · Views: 9
Well that happened. Thanks to everyone for sticking it out. I know some guys had a great time and some guys had the opposite. Sorry to those guys who got hosed by the crap optimization of this game. :banghead: I had a good time even though I borked my last pitstop, and no landmines so that's always a bonus.

Anyways, big Congrats to @mexxifrieboy the GT3 winner and @bloodyboyblue the Clio Cup Winner!! You guys raced great and had sound strategies, so well done!

View attachment 650261

I only won because Grim stopped on track for a minute. So I don't consider that a win. I'm happy with 2nd though.

This week was the opposite of last week, too much tire wear. Didn't matter how I drove, slick tires lasted 1.5 laps and wets for 0.5 laps before the fronts burnt off for me.

I won't be around for the Cadillac series since I'm moving in 2 weeks and don't know what my internet situation will be then either.

I only won because Grim stopped on track for a minute. So I don't consider that a win. I'm happy with 2nd though.

This week was the opposite of last week, too much tire wear. Didn't matter how I drove, slick tires lasted 1.5 laps and wets for 0.5 laps before the fronts burnt off for me.

I won't be around for the Cadillac series since I'm moving in 2 weeks and don't know what my internet situation will be then either.

Grim's real life pit strategy didn't pay off for him, he took too much fuel before the race.:lol: You take the spot, clean.

The Clios are tough on tires, and the point of this race was to try and emulate the 24HRs and force a lot of pitstops and see how everyone dealt with it. Unfortunately it bit a couple guys. Always a learning curve trying to figure out what works and doesn't for certain people.

Thanks for coming, and hope the move goes well and we see you sooner rather than later.:cheers:

Yeah i had fun even though i dont know how to fuel my car :banghead:, then I switched to a different pit strategy and wound up with wrong tire in the rain :lol:=spin wall spin wall spin wall :scared:. This was an awesome challenge, and my car selection may have been a bigger challenge :crazy:, still i had fun and only missed last lap and a half so im happy :cheers:

:gtpflag:Series Alert :gtpflag:

Ok boys we have been on a little break from being in a series. So now we are getting back into a one make series with the GT3 Caddy :D. Some love this car some hate it, im just a fan of one make events 👍. I find it fun when everyone is on the level playing ground, but remember this series will punish you for being the podium crew. Im really excited to see how this power restrictor series works out, this is our first crack at it :scared:. There are spots still available, and if your name is not on the list let me know i may have missed your post and livery selection.

img_0697-png.647636

:gtpflag:Grim & Mphile Caddy series :gtpflag:

:gtpflag:Weapon=Cadillac Ats-vr gt3:gtpflag:

:gtpflag:Regs:gtpflag:
-Damage is visual only
-Mechanical failure is off
-Tire wear 5x
-Fuel is real
-Abs only no other driving aids
-mandatory pit on
-Tire compounds allowed are slick soft and rain for the series (gentlemans agreement)
-bop restrictor penalties will be handed out after each race :eek:, 1st place get 6 clicks left, 2nd place gets 4 clicks left, and 3rd gets 2 clicks left on their restrictor. I will have exact numbers for the drivers before each race(a little bit of work but should payoff?) the drivers must remain at given restrictor numbers for the entire series. so basically if you finish 1st,2nd,or 3rd you will receive a restrictor penalty!

:gtpflag:Week 1 June 6th:gtpflag:
Monza gp 20laps clear/18:00 race start/15x time progression

Brno 15laps heavy clouds/ 6:00 race start/fixed time
:gtpflag:Week 2 June 13th:gtpflag:
Road America 15laps overcast/6:00 race start/ fixed time

Le Circuit Bugatti 22laps hazy/20:00 race start/fixed time
:gtpflag:Week 3 June 20th:gtpflag:
Zhuhai 22laps fog with rain/12:00 race start/ fixed time

Zolder 23laps medium clouds/22:00 race start/ fixed time

1)mphile#50
2)colts#41
3)lobban#18
4)mcinnis #84
5)mexi#2
6)David#46
7)Epicac#85
8)Grim#48
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

On the eve of the Caddy series im going to be laying low boys. Please don't forget to read the rules for the series on page one. Soft tires only, restrictor penalties, abs only are the big 3 to know!!! See everyone tomorrow night 👍

:gtpflag:Race Day Alert :gtpflag:

Wow sorry boys :eek: I totally flaked on this and should have had it out sooner :confused:. Tonight we start the Caddy series with restrictor penalties for being part Alien :lol:. So if you finish on the podium you pay the price of losing some power for the next event :boggled:. I will post who has to move their restrictor where through the SRM race control ps4 chat 👍. Don't foget soft tires only , and abs only as well :scared:. So lets have some fun and get after it, im so excited to see if this system works to level the racing field :).

Added: if you are told to move your restrictor it must stay turned down for the remainder of the series. The reason it would change is if you reached the podium again, and at this point you will be given more power loss penalty.

img_0697-png.647636

:gtpflag:Grim & Mphile Caddy series :gtpflag:

:gtpflag:Weapon=Cadillac Ats-vr gt3:gtpflag:

:gtpflag:Regs:gtpflag:
-Damage is visual only
-Mechanical failure is off
-Tire wear 5x
-Fuel is real
-Abs only no other driving aids
-mandatory pit on
-Tire compounds allowed are slick soft and rain for the series (gentlemans agreement)
-bop restrictor penalties will be handed out after each race :eek:, 1st place get 6 clicks left, 2nd place gets 4 clicks left, and 3rd gets 2 clicks left on their restrictor. I will have exact numbers for the drivers before each race(a little bit of work but should payoff?) the drivers must remain at given restrictor numbers for the entire series. so basically if you finish 1st,2nd,or 3rd you will receive a restrictor penalty!

:gtpflag:Week 1 June 6th:gtpflag:
Monza gp 20laps clear/18:00 race start/15x time progression

Brno 15laps heavy clouds/ 6:00 race start/fixed time
:gtpflag:Week 2 June 13th:gtpflag:
Road America 15laps overcast/6:00 race start/ fixed time

Le Circuit Bugatti 22laps hazy/20:00 race start/fixed time
:gtpflag:Week 3 June 20th:gtpflag:
Zhuhai 22laps fog with rain/12:00 race start/ fixed time

Zolder 23laps medium clouds/22:00 race start/ fixed time

1)mphile#50
2)colts#41
3)lobban#18
4)mcinnis #84
5)mexi#2
6)David#46
7)Epicac#85
8)Grim#37
9)Sgeti #29
10)Eh#38
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Ladies, and Colts...please keep your hands and feet inside the Caddys at all times and DONT SANDBAG!!!! Looking forward to the races and they will get harder and harder as the series goes... almost as hard as it is for Colts to shh for 30 secs...( shots fired lol) lets give sufficient space in turn 1 and respect eachother as usual, cheers boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back