SSRX Alternate Route Found (+more)

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 515 comments

Do you believe that the alternate SSRX will end up in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, so this "end to cant" thing was bothering me, so i googled "end to cant, japanese translation" and it brought up a line of japanese letters, which i copied and pasted back into my google bar, asking for the english translation. Now I expected it to say "end to cant" right? But it didnt, it said

"it is not possible to end"

Hhhmmm... makes more sense than "end to cant", but what might it mean? Perhaps someone with more insight into the Kaz's mind can say.

I am sure I'm not this first to do this but I haven't seen anyone else mention it so do with it what you will.
There is nothing to do with it... although I do prefer the grammatically incorrect "end of cant." It's funny. :lol:

Last edited:
Its actually end of cant, sorry, i wrote that wrong, but the translations right, i double checked.

Freakin Kaz, may as well have put banners saying "yeah, you wish!" darn tease. Lol

"it is not possible to end"

In actuality its a marker for the end of the banking...

...But that translation almost sounds like a rough translation of an ominous message, which could be interpreted as "It isn't possible to finish" or "This project cannot be finished"...

Oddly coincidental. :lol:

I'm still really sad this thing got scrapped, it looks like it would've be a fun area for extreme physics testing in a simulator environment...

...But that translation almost sounds like a rough translation of an ominous message, which could be interpreted as "It isn't possible to finish" or "This project cannot be finished"...

I'm still really sad this thing got scrapped, it looks like it would've be a fun area for extreme physics testing in a simulator environment...
We could've tested how the car cant, because it ended. :lol:

Since when has this been confirmed?

Also, where is that utter genious enrypting mastermind? I'm sure you guys may know who I mean.

Since when has this been confirmed?

Also, where is that utter genious enrypting mastermind? I'm sure you guys may know who I mean.

I believe some sort of insider (be it staff or someone like Amar) mentioned that often times there are cases where content begins development but is then abandoned at later times for various reasons, and this is likely one of these cases. There has been absolutely nothing formally mentioned about these assets, and aside from these leaks (key word there), the only possible existing showcase of this content was in the NSX trailer (Sometime a little later during GT5's lifetime, but a good bit before GT6), which also contained glimpses of Seattle and a few other legacy course not present in GT5, and was not a direct GT showcase, but rather a reveal for a car. It did utilize GT and mention the collab and integration, but it was a showcase for the car and not the game.

It very well could be that this is still a project on the back burner, and in fact many of the courses shown in the trailer could still be in development (or even ready to go), it could be that a lot of assets are being held for GT7, or it could also be that they were all scrapped - but we don't know anything until an official formal statement is made.

Know that there is a reason we've found seemingly finished assets but are still yet to see them integrated into a game.

Last edited:
Is there a way to be able to play this track ever?
It ever being released is one way. Otherwise, sadly not as the track is there but it isn't solid so it's only half existent if I may say it like that. But time will tell I think, hopefully we'll get it once GT7 releases.

Well! This may sound silly - sorry everyone! - but after Sierra with its fun arcade-y jumps and the Time Rally event, I think there is a chance we may see this, because it fits that theme of "fun over authenticity" that PD have had recently
It'd make for great promotional photos too, always a plus for PD :)

Okay, WHY haven't they modeled this and put this in the game? That looks awesome. It looks like an amalgamation of Daytona Road Course and Complex String.

Yeah, the straight section followed by the esses do give off a Suzuka East vibe.

So, any ideas on what to call this track?
Clubman Stage Route X, perhaps? Anyway, where's CSR7?

Hey! So, has anyone had anything else pop up yet? I’ve been trying to get out of the map in GT Sport and it does work. I haven’t gone to the alternate layout yet but I’ll try. Wish me luck! I’ll post what happens
Damn wasn’t expecting this thread to pop up back again on my notifications with some interesting news. Good luck, don’t know if PD might’ve removed it in sport but I can’t wait to hear more from you.

Damn wasn’t expecting this thread to pop up back again on my notifications with some interesting news. Good luck, don’t know if PD might’ve removed it in sport but I can’t wait to hear more from you.
The track is still there! You can only get out of the track by going to the pits and get a skinny car, then have someone punch you through the pit entry wall. I’ll try the old way to glitch through the wall too. And the reason why I want the post to pop back up is because I’m doing a search on my channel currently to somehow get onto the second layout. I’ll also try the glitch with other tracks too.

I’m sorry that I’m posting so much, but I have a question. How do you get notifications on your IPhone for GT Planet? Or can you not do that? Just wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
The track is still there! You can only get out of the track by going to the pits and get a skinny car, then have someone punch you through the pit entry wall. I’ll try the old way to glitch through the wall too. And the reason why I want the post to pop back up is because I’m doing a search on my channel currently to somehow get onto the second layout. I’ll also try the glitch with other tracks too.
OH MY GOD ITS STILL THERE ON GT SPORT???? :eek:
Im surprised that I haven’t heard from anyone yet whether or not they’ve managed to glitch out of the map to try and access this alternate route, especially considering a while back there was a huge discovery where people found a bunch of unused tracks for Gran Turismo 5 that I think were left overs from Gran Turismo PSP hidden within GT5’s files. Thought with that by now someone would of figured this mystery out or have gave us an update a long time ago already.

If you’re able to get into the alternate layout and drive around, update us immediately. I could see this maybe being newsworthy.

If anyone wants to come and join to try to find the alternate layout, my name is JTR4573DriftDude on the PS4 and my YouTube name is Jimmy Productions. I’m going to start a stream later. I’ll tell you all when it goes up.

If anyone wants to come and join to try to find the alternate layout, my name is JTR4573DriftDude on the PS4 and my YouTube name is Jimmy Productions. I’m going to start a stream later. I’ll tell you all when it goes up.
What time?

Because I’m going to a drive in tonight to go see a movie. It’s possible maybe I might cancel my plans to go tonight just to finally see this mystery unfold within my presence but I’m still deciding.

Hopefully if you do get in the layout, I hope this does garner everyone's attention on GTP much like what happened with the cut content and tracks in GT5 we saw like a year or two ago.

Last edited:
Ok. I just started the stream. Here’s the link

My GT Sport is updating so once it’s done i’ll join your lobby. I’m going to send you a friend request.

EDIT: Can you add me? My PSN ID is Pokey58- I tried adding you but couldn’t because of your settings.

OH MY GOD ITS STILL THERE ON GT SPORT???? :eek:
Im surprised that I haven’t heard from anyone yet whether or not they’ve managed to glitch out of the map to try and access this alternate route, especially considering a while back there was a huge discovery where people found a bunch of unused tracks for Gran Turismo 5 that I think were left overs from Gran Turismo PSP hidden within GT5’s files. Thought with that by now someone would of figured this mystery out or have gave us an update a long time ago already.

If you’re able to get into the alternate layout and drive around, update us immediately. I could see this maybe being newsworthy.
Judging by comparison pictures, I'd say that it's 100% been relegated to scenery, unfortunately. Parts of the track have textures that are worse than in GT5/6, meaning that the alternate route probably won't be used anytime soon.

I also somehow found a map layout! I know that most people may have seen this, but I just wanted to show what the track looks like from above.

Attachments

• AC075C81-6483-4EDC-9E99-7C89C494C360.jpeg
    AC075C81-6483-4EDC-9E99-7C89C494C360.jpeg
    12.8 KB · Views: 84
And if you can see closely, there’s two smaller loops. Both of them can’t connect though. Maybe there for grip or something? I don’t know.

Judging by comparison pictures, I'd say that it's 100% been relegated to scenery, unfortunately. Parts of the track have textures that are worse than in GT5/6, meaning that the alternate route probably won't be used anytime soon.
That is sadly likely true. As JTR was telling me yesterday when we were trying to glitch inside the track, PD may have used the alternate layout for the NSX Concept trailer we got back then. So I guess that’s why it was there?

I think PD did have plans to release an alternate layout to the track but they likely scrapped it because it looked a bit too ridiculous *although still somewhat interesting* to appear in a racing simulator like Gran Turismo.

I agree. Apparently, the alternate course was supposed to be the only layout for SSRX, but that never happened. So, yes. It was supposed to join the series, but that never happened. The SSRX we have now is called SSRX Oval, not just SSRX. The alternate layout was actually supposed to just be called SSRX. Not SSRX alternate layout, or Road Course. Just SSRX. It’s to bad it never came (And never will) I would love to see it come, but I highly doubt that. If only they kept the GT6 servers up. Then we would all be able to go back and glitch out. Oh well ☹️

I agree. Apparently, the alternate course was supposed to be the only layout for SSRX, but that never happened. So, yes. It was supposed to join the series, but that never happened. The SSRX we have now is called SSRX Oval, not just SSRX. The alternate layout was actually supposed to just be called SSRX. Not SSRX alternate layout, or Road Course. Just SSRX. It’s to bad it never came (And never will) I would love to see it come, but I highly doubt that. If only they kept the GT6 servers up. Then we would all be able to go back and glitch out. Oh well ☹️
So the oval variant of SSRX was originally considered the alternate layout of the track while the layout that never got released was going to be the main layout for the track?

That’s pretty interesting. Though it kinda bothers me how since people were able to discover those hidden GTPSP tracks on GT5 through emulation that we still haven’t heard from someone yet being able to bypass your car from being put back onto the track from getting out of the map and get inside SSRX to share their experiences.

Incase you don’t know what I’m talking about JTR, here’s a thread that was made about the story. Credit to the people on discord who made that discovery on the hidden tracks. Maybe some day I can work with them to uncovering the alternate layout mystery. :lol:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...found-in-gran-turismo-5.388686/#post-12798154

And back to glitching out, last night, we tried everything. Pit entry, nope. Rubbing the wall, nope. Trying to glitch outside instead of inside, nope. Nothing worked on GT Sport. Everything is modeled. The track, the tunnel, the bridge, the second layout. And even in some comparison pictures of GT6 v GTS, you could see that they made the actual SSRX in GT6 look messy, walls and lack of them, no scenery around it, things in the middle of the road, but in GTS, everything was cleaned up perfectly! More scenery, less walls and more walls in the right places, and the things in the middle of the road? Gone! It looks ready! It just needs to be released. But will the release ever happen? 99.9% NO. I’m sorry to make people feel sad, but I don’t ever think we’ll ever be able to excess the alternate layout in GTS and up with glitching. It’s basically impossible. I think Polophony knew about the pit entry glitch early on and patched it, witch means we have no chance unless someone here still has there PS3 and GT6, otherwise this is just a waste of time. It’s to bad such a great idea got scrapped, but did it? I think Polophony still knows about the layout and that’s why they cleaned up the alternate layout/ the actual SSRX on GT Sport. So will they ever release it? Maybe? If they were to release it, it would have to be a less focused FIA game, GT7! GT7 May have a chance of having this second layout but it will Probably never come. But like I said earlier, if anyone has a PS3 and GT6, PLEASE go and try to glitch out and go on the alternate layout! If anyone was todo his, please show his thread. It would mean a LOT to us. Thanks!

And back to glitching out, last night, we tried everything. Pit entry, nope. Rubbing the wall, nope. Trying to glitch outside instead of inside, nope. Nothing worked on GT Sport. Everything is modeled. The track, the tunnel, the bridge, the second layout. And even in some comparison pictures of GT6 v GTS, you could see that they made the actual SSRX in GT6 look messy, walls and lack of them, no scenery around it, things in the middle of the road, but in GTS, everything was cleaned up perfectly! More scenery, less walls and more walls in the right places, and the things in the middle of the road? Gone! It looks ready! It just needs to be released. But will the release ever happen? 99.9% NO. I’m sorry to make people feel sad, but I don’t ever think we’ll ever be able to excess the alternate layout in GTS and up with glitching. It’s basically impossible. I think Polophony knew about the pit entry glitch early on and patched it, witch means we have no chance unless someone here still has there PS3 and GT6, otherwise this is just a waste of time. It’s to bad such a great idea got scrapped, but did it? I think Polophony still knows about the layout and that’s why they cleaned up the alternate layout/ the actual SSRX on GT Sport. So will they ever release it? Maybe? If they were to release it, it would have to be a less focused FIA game, GT7! GT7 May have a chance of having this second layout but it will Probably never come. But like I said earlier, if anyone has a PS3 and GT6, PLEASE go and try to glitch out and go on the alternate layout! If anyone was todo his, please show his thread. It would mean a LOT to us. Thanks!
I just remembered something.

I don’t think you ever noticed this but I remember when we were doing the pit stop glitch, someone who was stuck in the walls had their car reset back onto the track instead of being put on auto drive. You think we could try and experiment with that?

Back