SSRX Alternate Route Found (+more)

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 515 comments

Do you believe that the alternate SSRX will end up in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Something I need to say why the "other" Route X isn't rendered on the oval SSRX: Unused routes are typically not rendered since each layout is, basically, a different model. For instance, I think in Grand Valley East some of the main course shouldn't be rendered since it's not meant to be seen from that layout (checked with PS1 era games, likely same for later games).

An exception to this is Nürburgring, since apparently the game renders both the GP and Nordschleife (probably so that you can see the other layout from far when needed) at all times for some reason.

Should we start up a discord server based on trying to uncover this mystery? I would like to see if we can get more people to join us on this.

I heard that apparently there’s a glitch to get out of the map of SSRX by glitching through one of the red barriers using the go karts.

Not sure how it works but supposedly this one doesn't put you back on the track.

OMG WE MIGHT HAVE MANAGE TO GET DOOM OUT OF THE MAP PEOPLE!

EDIT: He spawned back in the track. Regardless this is still a sign of progress being made. Basically what we did was we tried doing the glitch with the red barrier while he was in the fiat 500 F.

Screenshots.
F568979B-B695-46E1-8BDD-BBAA2E4D96A4.jpeg
6478CEBF-D400-4F33-B4A9-8403215B0D94.jpeg
C3A9BDA7-71DB-4EF5-BA67-0CA4C6B373AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Any access to the tunnels or is elevation change not included? Huge development regardless!! I wonder what all is hiding at tracks like Tokyo 246 and Special Stage 5/7?

No.

Outside of the track has no collision, so wherever you spawn from on track is your set level out of bounds.

Toscana environment looks to be the only track with full collision out of bounds.

So are these pics from PS4 and GTS or PS3 and GT6?? You guys lost me here.

This is GT6 on PS3.

The file contains the code to disable the out of bounds / reset on Route X, Toscana and Red Bull (other tracks need adding).

The car xyz addresses are to spawn out of bounds.

So you would activate the Route X cheat, then use the first address of the car xyz to spawn out of bounds by putting any random number at the side of it:

2 4241C4A0 555

Once out of bounds delete the 555 to drive freely.

I'm having difficulty locating the barrier collision in the game, so this is the only way currently.

Last edited:
No.

Outside of the track has no collision, so wherever you spawn from on track is your set level out of bounds.

Toscana environment looks to be the only track with full collision out of bounds.

This is GT6 on PS3.

The file contains the code to disable the out of bounds / reset on Route X, Toscana and Red Bull (other tracks need adding).

The car xyz addresses are to spawn out of bounds.

So you would activate the Route X cheat, then use the first address of the car xyz to spawn out of bounds by putting any random number at the side of it:

2 4241C4A0 555

Once out of bounds delete the 555 to drive freely.

I'm having difficulty locating the barrier collision in the game, so this is the only way currently.

Thank you for the info.

Hey everyone! I’m so sorry that I haven’t been able to keep up due to school and stuff, but I’m just glad I was able to keep this alive and the fact that now we found a way to get out is incredible! Hopefully on playStation someone can teach me in the next couple of weeks how to get out of the map. I’m just so happy that we made this massive discovery, And hopefully soon I can join that Discord (It’s 11:13 PM on a school night) :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

I hope you're well. I'm Matt - I have a YouTube channel by the name of MattJ155, where I mainly cover the Gran Turismo series. I was reading through this thread and I saw that @Whistle Snap added a Net Cheat file for Gran Turismo 6, containing camera hacks and car coordinates to get out of bounds. Thanks so much for sharing it!

I have a CFW PS3 and I recently got Net Cheat up and running and working with Gran Turismo 6, which meant I could finally test out the debug cameras etc.

The debug cameras worked perfectly, but for some reason I couldn't use the car coordinates to place my car out of bounds on SSRX. I followed the instructions, but I couldn't seem to get any response out of it.

Is the Net Cheat file for a particular version of Gran Turismo 6 perhaps? Could anyone offer any help? Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I hope you're well. I'm Matt - I have a YouTube channel by the name of MattJ155, where I mainly cover the Gran Turismo series. I was reading through this thread and I saw that @Whistle Snap added a Net Cheat file for Gran Turismo 6, containing camera hacks and car coordinates to get out of bounds. Thanks so much for sharing it!

I have a CFW PS3 and I recently got Net Cheat up and running and working with Gran Turismo 6, which meant I could finally test out the debug cameras etc.

The debug cameras worked perfectly, but for some reason I couldn't use the car coordinates to place my car out of bounds on SSRX. I followed the instructions, but I couldn't seem to get any response out of it.

Is the Net Cheat file for a particular version of Gran Turismo 6 perhaps? Could anyone offer any help? Thanks!
Holy crap it’s Matt!

Which version of GT6 are you running? I don’t know too much about hacking GT6 but I’m pretty sure that later versions of GT6 have added more measures towards modifying and hacking the game.

Plus PD also made it to where you get put back in the track if you manage to glitch out of it. Might be a separate hack possibly to keep the car from being put back on the track.

I'm not sure why they aren't working. 🤔

Has anybody else succeeded going out of bounds with the file?

You did enter a coordinate to go out of bounds?

Can you free roam and cut across the Ascari track in a race with the route x or Toscana cheat enabled to see if the disable reset cheat works ?

I've tested the above file on my current 1.22 install with Nenkai's GT6 mod and on a fresh install, and it works perfectly.

granturismo6_22zjtz.jpg

granturismo6_193kjw.jpg

Last edited:
Hi both!

Thanks so much for your responses.

Yeah, ever since I started doing the GT easter eggs and secrets videos, I learned about the SSRX alternate route and I've always wanted to explore more of it (at least, the bits that form the scenery of the standard Route X layout). My goal is to create a video to showcase it.

Anyway, I thought that the version of GT6 I'm using might be the issue. I'm using the standard GT6 (1.22). Is Nenkai's Spec II mod a requirement for the file to work?

Honestly, if we have the track layout, footage of everything, and pictures, I may be making the alternate layout in either blender and import it into Roblox or some other game that I can input my own tracks into. It’s been now 8 or so years since this thread has opened and I feel like if I could make the track, it could give us a feel of what the track would‘ve been and that would give us possible answers.

Last edited:
Was that made from a direct rip from of GT assets/wireframes, or built by hand by watching reference material?

Back