Standard cars ARE in GT6. (100% confirmed)

• Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 1,429 comments
Uh, no. What I was getting at in my post was that he came in here, complained about how ridiculous the arguing has become, and then proceeded to argue. That's what I was referring to.

Oh sorry didn't realise the quotes were the same person my bad.

There are an incredible number of details yet to be revealed about GT6. We don't even know if there will be used cars again. Of course...

We don't know what the Standard cars and tracks will be like, but that doesn't prevent people speaking with pre-knowledge authority that they will be ugly primitive last gen crimes against nature.

We don't know what the final audio library is going to sound like, but that doesn't keep people from stating that they will definitely be the same old pencil sharpeners as in GT1.

We don't know what the final tire model will be, but some people evidently know that the same rubber will meet the road as always.

We don't know what GT6's A.I. will be like but... well, you know.

It wouldn't be Gran Turismo or GT Planet if people weren't roundly criticizing it ahead of time. But of course they all have the final release of the game, so it must be true. ;)

There are an incredible number of details yet to be revealed about GT6. We don't even know if there will be used cars again. Of course...

We don't know what the Standard cars and tracks will be like, but that doesn't prevent people speaking with pre-knowledge authority that they will be ugly primitive last gen crimes against nature.

We don't know what the final audio library is going to sound like, but that doesn't keep people from stating that they will definitely be the same old pencil sharpeners as in GT1.

We don't know what the final tire model will be, but some people evidently know that the same rubber will meet the road as always.

We don't know what GT6's A.I. will be like but... well, you know.

It wouldn't be Gran Turismo or GT Planet if people weren't roundly criticizing it ahead of time. But of course they all have the final release of the game, so it must be true. ;)

15 years of PD's history back those statements up while the words of an old and out of touch man give you hope, it's not the first time that this man lies so I don't how some people still believe him.

Facts - We know GT6 will have crappy sounds because no game in the series had good sounds and because in 15 years there hasn't been any kind of leap.

Wishfull thinking - GT6 will have good sounds because Kaz says so.

Facts - We know GT6 will have crappy sounds because no game in the series had good sounds and because in 15 years there hasn't been any kind of leap.
Pepe, you're one of a number of people who have made a career here about complaining, and essentially making things up, about Gran Turismo. Of course, if the subject is Gran Turismo, it's evidently okay with certain mods here to make things up and state them as gospel truth.

Two examples come directly to mind. Generally, any NASCAR race car. Race it and listen to it from several views. Especially at the end of the event, and listen to it idle down. It sounds horrendous, like a serious racing machine.

Another is the Honda Weider HSV-010. A fair number of us have heralded it as a sign that PD is finally taking sound recording seriously.

Look, I understand you guys wanting to have a game in which all cars and tracks are Premium, and all cars sound like the real life examples are in your lap. But to ignore all the work that PD has done in all areas of GT5 over the past two and a half years and rant at them as if nothing has improved is just ghetto.

While I can't speak about everything else you mentioned, we do know standard cars are returning and we know from GT5 the general level of quality of those models. I believe Kaz said they would be "cleaned up" a bit, but to think that PD is going to make drastic changes to 10+ year old assets designed for last-gen hardware is wishful at best. We also know that functionally the standard models will be brought more in line with the premiums. So I don't think there's much to question really.

Standards with cleaned up textures :) \, now I am imagining standard race cars - like those touring cars, if PD allow us to paint the car, change the numbers, better livery texture - maybe add more livery preset variety, change the bumper, side skirts and rear wing, these alone would be great to add variety in one make/spec online races. I can't wait to try Altezza Touring Car with the new physics.

Pepe, you're one of a number of people who have made a career here about complaining, and essentially making things up, about Gran Turismo. Of course, if the subject is Gran Turismo, it's evidently okay with certain mods here to make things up and state them as gospel truth.

Just like you've made a career of making PD/GT/Kaz some idol that you would have us worship five times a day. What did he make up? Other than leaping to the conclusion that GT6 will have horrible sounds, he does have circumstantial evidence to back it up. I have yet to see a mod make things up, and the fact of the matter is they have more foresight in the issue rather than empathy like you do when talking about GT. Thanks for displaying your showcase hypocrisy, you yourself pass your inane rhetoric as some reality when it isn't true, then you complain about others. Pot. Kettle. Black.

Two examples come directly to mind. Generally, any NASCAR race car. Race it and listen to it from several views. Especially at the end of the event, and listen to it idle down. It sounds horrendous, like a serious racing machine.

What does this have to do with standards? Either way I've addressed this in the proper thread.

Another is the Honda Weider HSV-010. A fair number of us have heralded it as a sign that PD is finally taking sound recording seriously.

Many would say the same thing about the Mazda 787B, but even that has been shown to have bad qualities as well but yet again (better sounds + standard cars =/= a fix or a change in direction).

Look, I understand you guys wanting to have a game in which all cars and tracks are Premium, and all cars sound like the real life examples are in your lap. But to ignore all the work that PD has done in all areas of GT5 over the past two and a half years and rant at them as if nothing has improved is just ghetto.

Ghetto? Wow what ever intellectual quality you had left has all been shattered with that terminology. It really shows a person at the last leg. It's been said over and over again, others can provide and have provided equality over all their features and don't have cop outs like Standard Cars. Many people (myself included) are turned off of Standard cars due to not having a realistic in car drive, and to be honest I may drive them if they remodel them and not a refurbished port. The jagged edges and bad quality of standards are more akin to your phrasing of "ghetto", than the direction of this debate.

The real work to be appreciated will be seen with the release of GT6, but GT5 never truly made leaps and bound...

it's evidently okay with certain mods here to make things up and state them as gospel truth.

It's not, which reminds me:

For instance, Slip will never see the Standard cars as anything but a crime against humanity, and those of us who like them as blithering idiots, so I think anytime they or possibly you have a bone to pick with one of my posts, I'll just reply, "You're right, you win, I'm sorry I offended you." Or just not respond at all.

Show me where I've said that - instead of making up insults to put in my mouth, especially as insulting those who share different opinions is something you have a habit of doing.

Your usual tactic is either the above, or trying to change the subject.

Is that before or after the just copied the SuperGT NSX's engine sounds?

I just want a game that has a more-or-less uniform level of quality to its assets. Not one recycling cars and tracks - the former in untouched form - from over a decade ago. It's not an unreasonable desire, since just about every other game in the genre can do it.

Just like you've made a career of making PD/GT/Kaz some idol that you would have us worship five times a day.

Uncalled for - it's not helping your argument any 👎

@ Ten D

While your loyal defense of PD, might be admirable, it's pretty short on substance.

I must say, you have a big broom, and a even bigger rug to sweep under.

This isn't just the "standard car" thread, but a spill over epic whine and cry as well, and in reality, legitimately so.

Your argument that we don't know what the end result will be in GT6, is certainly true.
However, when PD, says the standards will be back, but we won't call them that,
because, erh, uhm, well they will be functionally the same.........sort of.
Oh but paint chips will be back. Wow.
Then release a demo with graphical issues out the yeng-yang, and a completely uninspiring AI.

That just works wonders to inspire confidence in a already skeptical and somewhat resentful crowd,
who were influencedl that way mostly by your last offering, GT5.
Which btw we waited almost six years for.

Surely, you have not swilled the PD koolaid to the point you cannot see some of the realities of the situation.

Otherwise, I guess we are just ungrateful sods.

Surely, you have not swilled the PD koolaid to the point you cannot see some of the realities of the situation.
And what reality is that?

We have a demo - an unfinished build - which is showing aspects of reality which people have been clamoring for since GT2. All of them? Obviously not. But enough that a number of doubters have changed their minds about GT6. Other doubters are cautiously optimistic. A few are sticking to their belief that GT6 won't be much different than GT5, and sometimes they bring up something about GT5 that sucks after five years of work on it, or more, as proof that you can't expect much better from GT6.

I really should just resort to "I don't care." Which I don't. Like amar212, Griffith500 and a few other old timers around here who speak their minds freely, I believe in Kas and his team to be able to deliver a solid racing experience in GT6, because vexing aspects aside, I have a pretty darn good one in GT5. And even this unfinished build is revealing characteristics that only the most advanced next gen racing sims have.

There are a whole universe of things we don't know yet. Will we be able to make point to point races using the Course Maker? Will they be in GT6 events itself? What the heck do the return of paint chips mean? Will there be racing events which are remotely like a micro racing season or league series? What new online features will there be? What the heck ARE online championships, and how do we make them? Does this mean we get an Event Maker? We don't even know yet if used cars will return.

I may be a fool for being an optimist, but on all these points, I remain hopefully optimistic. Because Polyphony is an exceptional group, Gran Turismo is an exceptional game, and the only reason it exists is because of one man, a very special man.

If anyone disagrees, that's fine. This is what I think, and I'm pretty sure my purpose in this universe isn't to think like anyone else does or meet their expectations.

The legitimate concerns and venting at what is available at this point, by as said, a number of already skeptical and somewhat resentful GT fans.

There are a whole universe of things we don't know yet. Will we be able to make point to point races using the Course Maker? Will they be in GT6 events itself? What the heck do the return of paint chips mean? Will there be racing events which are remotely like a micro racing season or league series? What new online features will there be? What the heck ARE online championships, and how do we make them? Does this mean we get an Event Maker? We don't even know yet if used cars will return.

I agree there are still many unknowns. As far as the paint chips go, forgive me in advance,
but I don't believe there is a whole lot of room for optimistic reality, left in that one.
But as they say, anything is possible.

I may be a fool for being an optimist, but on all these points, I remain hopefully optimistic. Because Polyphony is an exceptional group, Gran Turismo is an exceptional game, and the only reason it exists is because of one man, a very special man.

Thats certainly an admirable stance.
Personally, I hope your optimism is not misplaced, and GT6 is the best installment yet.
However, I'm not sure our standards are the same on that.

If anyone disagrees, that's fine. This is what I think, and I'm pretty sure my purpose in this universe isn't to think like anyone else does or meet their expectations.

My compliments on another admirable stance.

We have a demo - an unfinished build - which is showing aspects of reality which people have been clamoring for since GT2. All of them? Obviously not. But enough that a number of doubters have changed their minds about GT6. Other doubters are cautiously optimistic. A few are sticking to their belief that GT6 won't be much different than GT5, and sometimes they bring up something about GT5 that sucks after five years of work on it, or more, as proof that you can't expect much better from GT6.

I really should just resort to "I don't care." Which I don't. Like amar212, Griffith500 and a few other old timers around here who speak their minds freely, I believe in Kas and his team to be able to deliver a solid racing experience in GT6, because vexing aspects aside, I have a pretty darn good one in GT5. And even this unfinished build is revealing characteristics that only the most advanced next gen racing sims have.

Why can't everyone think like this lol Everything you said is what I think when people complain 👍

If i was unhappy with a game, as much as some folks here seems to be. I would not be in this forum.

I did not like forza #, NFS shift and grid 2 when i tried them, but you would not see me on their forums complaining about every little thing i hated. On the other thread they are complaining about the tape barrier being too "hard" like cement ... That was freaking funny, this is just amusing.

I would rather have standard cars than not have them.

Last edited:
And what would those be, exactly?
Physics. ;)

If i was unhappy with a game, as much as some folks here seems to be. I would not be in this forum.
There are a few people who have announced that they are through with the series, and can't seem to stop saying that, or that GT5 is bad, and GT6 will likely be bad because of whatever they don't like in reveals.

Like you, I'm not a huge fan of Forza. Nice game and all, but a lot of things are quite abrasive about it. too much to really like it on a level remotely like GT. If I remained on a Forza forum and caterwauled endlessly about my problems with the series and why I wasn't intending to buy a Leashbox for F5... well, I wouldn't be caterwauling for more than a few posts, because those true believers are there in force. And they don't take well to dissent. As you say, the same with Shift, NFS, rFactor, etc. If I don't like a game, I figure being a royal pain trying to make the team turn it into a game I want won't work. So I tend to hang out in forums based on games I do like, because I figure that makes much more sense. And being positive about something I like does seem to be much more fun than being a grump about everything I don't. Just a thought.

Last edited:
He did name one.

What? Physics? That thing that all racing games have, by definition? That's about as helpful as saying "it has advanced gameplay". It tells people exactly nothing.

Now if there were some aspect of the physics that was something "that only the most advanced next gen racing sims have", then that might be interesting. Feel free to chip in if you can think of one.

Kaz is a reputed "perfectionist".

Don't the mere presence of standards put rest to this myth?

I just can't imagine any other game doing something like this. Shameless stat-padding.

Some other racers dont even have an interior view. Has anyone seen a GT6 standard car? The judgements are preconceived. If we get any of the upgrades to the standard cars like aero parts (besides just rear wings) or wheel sizes its a win in my book.

What? Physics? That thing that all racing games have, by definition? That's about as helpful as saying "it has advanced gameplay". It tells people exactly nothing.

Thats just the PD Koolaid jug talking again.

I'm sure he will elaborate at some point.

It should be quite a read, if nothing else.

There are a few people who have announced that they are through with the series, and can't seem to stop saying that, or that GT5 is bad, and GT6 will likely be bad because of whatever they don't like in reveals.

Sorry if I'm raining on your optimism, but that is not an interpretaton in reality.

The reality is GT5 was not a bad game, but it was in many players mind, myself included,
grossly inferior to the previous standard of GT installments, and after almost twice the dev time.
That fact of reality has influenced some, to express their disapointment in giving up on the GT series,
although this is likely a premature, in the moment, comment for most.

Continuing in reality, comments are not being made from what they dislike in the reveals,
but rather what the likely negative implications are.
Dislike is the product of the implication.
Under the foregone circumstances of reality this is legitimately reasonable.

Some other racers dont even have an interior view.

This is true. However, they tend to be arcade games. Grid 2 would be the closest, and it's being pretty generous to call that a simulation. The last simulation racer to not have cockpit view would be...Superstars V8? And PS2 era games.

I'm actually interested if there are more PS3/360 era sim games without cockpit views out there. I'm sure there must be.

You're kidding, right? You make the claim that the GTA demo has "characteristics that only the most advanced next gen racing sims have", but you can't name one?
I guess if I had to encapsulate it, I would call it kinetics, the word I've been using most often. As Mr P510 states, the behavior of the cars in replays is amazingly lifelike. CoolColJ has done some great torture test replays in which he throws cars around in wild abandon, and they look amazingly like real cars, though they do settle down too quickly when stopped dead. But this is a very nice improvement to the overall physics of the cars, which I have only seen in demo videos of rFactor 2 and Project CARS, as well as Live For Speed, my current racing physics fave.

Others have remarked in the GT Academy Demo thread of how not just the suspension is drastically improved, but the tire model has had a tweak to bring it more in line with reality. You yourself have posted about the body of the tire retaining heat and thus reducing grip until you can cool them down by taking it a little easier.

Hope this is a little clearer.

I guess if I had to encapsulate it, I would call it kinetics, the word I've been using most often. As Mr P510 states, the behavior of the cars in replays is amazingly lifelike. CoolColJ has done some great torture test replays in which he throws cars around in wild abandon, and they look amazingly like real cars, though they do settle down too quickly when stopped dead. But this is a very nice improvement to the overall physics of the cars, which I have only seen in demo videos of rFactor 2 and Project CARS, as well as Live For Speed, my current racing physics fave.

Others have remarked in the GT Academy Demo thread of how not just the suspension is drastically improved, but the tire model has had a tweak to bring it more in line with reality. You yourself have posted about the body of the tire retaining heat and thus reducing grip until you can cool them down by taking it a little easier.

Hope this is a little clearer.

Nobody is denying that the game is improving but saying it has characteristics only advanced sims do is still laughable. The tire model is still lightyears behind most other sims.

Back