Standard cars ARE in GT6. (100% confirmed)

• Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 1,429 comments

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
My prediction is that most, if not all, of the standard cars from GT5 are still standard in GT6.

EDIT: Standards 100% confirmed.

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-on-gran-turismo-6-standardpremium-cars/

Will there be “Standard Cars” in GT6?

We won’t be making all the Standard cars from GT5 into Premium models, and we won’t make all of the GT5′s Standard cars fully “Premiumized”.

Up until now, we used to categorize them as Standard and Premium because there were functional differences between them: some of the Standard models might not have tuning parts, or couldn’t be used in Photo Mode. That will all be cleared so every model can be used in Photo Mode, and every car can have parts fitted for it.

In terms of graphics quality, the bad quality Standard models we’ve updated so they look better.

Will all of the cars have interior views?

No.

(Editor’s note: This apparently does not apply to all of the cars which were listed as “Standard” in GT5. For example, two cars which were prominently featured in the GT6 trailer and its first official batch of screenshots, the Lamborghini Countach LP400 and Alpine A110 1600S, both appeared as Standard cars in GT5 but have apparently been converted to “full” Premium models – with interiors – in GT6.)

Last edited:
i don't think there are going to be 1200 premium cars you will need like 3 to 4 bluray discs, so the answer is yes im really sure we are going to have a lot of standard cars ... but maybe now we can put wheels on them "and other parts"

i don't think there are going to be 1200 premium cars you will need like 3 to 4 bluray discs, so the answer is yes im really sure we are going to have a lot of standard cars ... but maybe now we can put wheels on them "and other parts"
I wonder if we will still be restricted from bringing them to the photo travel. That's what bothered me the most. Along with all the other issues with standard cars.

A large amount of standard cars will be a deal breaker for me... or at least I'll wait for the supposed PS4 version which hopefully won't have them.

It's not going to take multiple bluray disks to write GT6 on.

What's a bluray disk capacity for ps3s, like 25GB? More than enough.

Not really, they make bluray disks that go up to 128gb, more than enough for loads of cars.

Same here, and will buy 2 copies of GT6 and just gift the second one to somebody random lol

Lol. Lets not get too hasty debunking this.
They have apparently modelled a ton of aero parts etc.

Take 200 premiums, add 6 different types of wing to each car and I'm eating a hat.

If there are (S) cars in GT6, they should at least look much better than the GT5 ones post patches.

But if they claim: "Vast customization parts for the mayority of cars" That means most cars will be (P) unless they mean Wheels and Spoilers only. Or is this one of the typical claims by SONY/PD that just turn out to be lies?.

There are those things that were not mentioned at all that worries me a little:

Will there be:
-Standard cars again?
-Day/Night/weather cycles in all tracks?
-realistic engine sounds this time matching with the overall realism of the visuals?
-livery editor?

Then "less important" things: -Jenkins, Nessie, MrMonkey are going to be back in better quality?

Let´s see...the first four things are a selling point for me.

It could be anything from all the 800 standards, to no standards (highly unlikely) or maybe they converted (hopefully) a handful of the most popular ones like the Supra RZ, M3CSL, Mercedes Benz 190, Fireblade, Veyron and a bunch others that needed to be Premium.

I really hope that at least one quarter of the Standards get the conversion. So many amazing cars that deserved to be Premium.

Well, all I can say is if there are standards, we can forget a PS4 version. PS2 assets on PS4 is not going to happen.

Haven't posted here in a minute, but I'll put this short.

I don't remember how many premiums were in GT5, but it was something like a 30/70 kind of thing if they can get it close to 60/40 or even 65/35 I think I'd go for that.

Or instead of having only 200-300 have 600-700 or above maybe even 900. At that point I wouldn't be able to complain(probably still will, but only on a smaller level(which means won't be as outraged as before)).

Well, all I can say is if there are standards, we can forget a PS4 version. PS2 assets on PS4 is not going to happen.

You know I really thought that GT6 would not have standards at all, regardless of the platform.

I've only ever wanted consistency. Ironically GT6 is shaping up to be more than consistent to GT5.

Yeah me too. If they have 1,200 premiums I would be VERY surprised.
/co-signed

There aren't ANY current-gen games that have nearly that number of cars with well modeled interiors.

I'm expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of 900 - 1000 of those cars to be Standard models.

Doesn't have ANYTHING to do with a size. GT5's size is about 16GB... Maximum for PS3 is dual-layer BD which is 50GB big. Size really doesn't matter.

Back to the topic: I hate standards! But there's a lot of things I was today that keep me hoping that standards got upgraded... Maybe not the full quality but at least they don't have to be separated from the premium ones.

Not really, they make bluray disks that go up to 128gb, more than enough for loads of cars.

PS3 only supports 50GB discs though.

Still, more than enough, really.

I think standards are here to stay, at least until next gen, because they can't make the follow up game on the same platform have less cars but, maybe, since they have had a good platform to launch from with the current number of premium cars, the numbers will be closer to even instead of the vast number of standards.

The premium car count won't be too high. I've done some math and looked at the GT5 Master Car List and PD's car list for GT5.

It looks like we'll be seeing about 415 premium cars in GT6.

Now, if the 200 unique premium cars number is true (which is making little sense according to their 1,2000 total car count), then perhaps as high as 490. But somewhere, their math is horribly off and it's very off-putting.

Prepare for 415 (ish).

The premium car count won't be too high. I've done some math and looked at the GT5 Master Car List and PD's car list for GT5.

It looks like we'll be seeing about 415 premium cars in GT5.

There should be alot more premium cars than that in GT6, alot of standard cars like the different version's of the GTR R32/R33/R34 can be made premium by modifying the premium versions of those cars. Its shoudn't take more than a day or two to make a R33 Vspec N1 out of a normal Vspec!

And the same can be done to cars like the RX7, MX5 and available premium Evo's.

I seriously doubt that they would have standards at all, considering in the two years of time they only added about 100 premium cars? I find that a bit crazy, what I feel might be that they were scanning and upgrading the standard cars, I already saw the Lamborghini LP400 and the Alpine in the GT6 video they are both standard in GT5. I believe that this is what is being held back for E3, you know it was a sticking point for the Forza faithful to harp on GT5 about. Doubt they would go half way with upgrading to all the same level of detail. I for one am stoked to be able to have the entire GT5 catalog of cars, there are so many that I wanted to tune with front lip spoilers and rear spoilers and use all the rim types. I'm going with them having spent that time converting all those cars and adding the 100+ new one's and still yet more to come as DLC. Not sure if I'll need DLC if it isn't some old car from GT's past. I don't really care for new cars so much, but I will drive them but not really interested in them too much.
I love tuning and I have about 900 or so standard cars tuned one way or another, love those old cars from days gone by, can't wait to see them in GT6 with the new physics engine and tire physics.

Even if "Standard" cars do return, PD should at least have scanned the exterior to match the "Premium" exteriors. The coloring & detailing of the exterior takes significantly less time to complete versus the interior.

An entire vehicle can be scanned within a day just to create a 3D model. Interior of a room in a building, with obstacles (furniture, equipment, machinery, etc) can be scanned & have a basic 3D model within a day. Adding texture/color & fine details are the most time consuming portion of modelling.

If the exterior can be completed first, it can just be a matter of completing the interiors & implementing them as an update or paid DLC. A black shroud can be used to show the silhouette of the fully modeled interior, but lack of detail, simply implying detailed modelling is a work in progress rather than a flat black shroud in GT5. Similar to the FT-86 Concept II, but with the hood & interior silhouette being visible.

It would be visually disappointing if the standards return as PS2-ported models. "Standards" returning with "premium" looking exterior is fine, still good for photos & replays.

In the concept movie, the Countach was shown as premium... Jordan also released some pics which showed originally standard cars as premium... my guess we'll have all premium cars.

There is still another doubt in my mind. Although it's clear that there will be never-before-seen cars in GT6, what do they mean with "New" cars? Completely new models, or are they counting Standard to Premium upgrades in the new car list too?

I'm trying no to think too much in this (P) / (S) thing anymore. It makes me remember that horrible day when we knew about Standards for the first time.

Only time will tell.

FiftyBelowZero
In the concept movie, the Countach was shown as premium... Jordan also released some pics which showed originally standard cars as premium... my guess we'll have all premium cars.

Hope you're right, but so far we've only seen two confirmed conversions; the Alpine and the Lamborghini. Still doesn't mean too much. That's only 2 out of 800.

Not trying to be negative. Don't get me wrong; this has been the best day I've had in this year. I'm just being cautious and just hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

Back