Standard Cars Here

Canada
2.2L Camry
NissanSkylineN1
Xbox??? Who is this Xbox??
For many of the curious people who are getting GT5 soon (getting mine tommorow) but are too anxious about standard cars, please post some pics of standard cars here, for I and assuming many others are EXTREMELY curious on how they look like. So can someone please post some pics of them? Thanks.

Standards arent great, so don't worry about how they look. The main thing is they drive just as real as premiums.

The biggest issue for me with the standards is the jagged edges on the wheel arches - look terrible.

From what I've seen until now, some standards look OK, they were really a bit reworked in some aspects. But some look awful. And I'm an optimistic person.

So, let's just stick to the good ones. Kaz just said on the Madrid even that we can expect many updates in the next weeks/months.

Found some examples

hu0cjt.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-426.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-502.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-447.jpg

Errr, thats not how my game lokks tbh :|
Those last screens seems to be on a REALLY bad resolution screen.

And the colors seems to be edited or smth too.

The Hommell doesn't look that sexy... :dopey:

How about moving this to the Photomode Forum? It could make a big thread there.

WOW, speechless, looks terrible...... With the capabilities of the ps3, how is that even possible? After 5 years the game still seems rushed? What hurdles did they have making this game?

The cars that look ugly are from GT4. The standards that look nice are from GT Portable. I thought everyone knew this? Just avoid the GT4 cars.

It seems like most of the problem is in the textures. It's annoying that they didn't have higher res textures back then that they then scaled down for PS2... that way they could have then just used the higher res ones now. I guess designing to the target resolution gets better results..

For many of the curious people who are getting GT5 soon (getting mine tommorow) but are too anxious about standard cars, please post some pics of standard cars here, for I and assuming many others are EXTREMELY curious on how they look like. So can someone please post some pics of them? Thanks.

It's now moved. why you didn't post this in the Photomode forum to begin with, since you requested Standard shots only a few minutes earlier, in the right sub-forum?

WOW, speechless, looks terrible...... With the capabilities of the ps3, how is that even possible? After 5 years the game still seems rushed? What hurdles did they have making this game?

it's possible because those are ps2 cars..

and it's funny because if they didn't include the standards at all, a lot more people wouldn't be saying this

I'm going to start taking some soon, some of the camera options that don't appear to do anything I have trouble with (I don't know what they do..)

Also, when you transfer them, do you choose the size then?

Well, the standards maybe have som texture issues, but really, there are 800 of them, so atleast PD had the sens to bring all cars. I Would definatly be dissapointed if there were only 200 premiums, because i think many iconic cars are missing in the premium list.

Try taking pictures of the standards not in a race track(or a replay) guys. like in photomode to see true beauty.

Thanks for using my picture :) i was just about to post it in here to say that the ones i've come across aren't bad at all!

WOW man! Sorry for not contacting you or giving credit for the pic. Its one astonishing shot.

And Techtrip... FABULOUS standards you got there! I do believe that someday we can change the wheels on these. And no, I don't want troll comments about that. Trolls can suck a pickle.

Latest Posts

Back