Standard rear toe .20 to .60 now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PlayerONE7125
  • 58 comments
  • 4,668 views
About the only thing left for me to enjoy in this game was some online racing with friends in stock/spec cars and that's pretty much ruined now. Yes the cars are still drivable, but the massive rear toe takes all the fun out of driving them. They all feel like old GT-R/Skylines now, grippy but not much fun in the corners. Thanks PD:tdown:👎
 
I notice in some of the bigger Hp cars that camber will be set higher. Is that kinda how it goes for tuning? would you usually use more camber with more Hp? Thx:p
 
OH DEAR! MORE PD FAIL!

That would explain what happened to me Saturday night while stock car racing online. I was driving what I thought to be one of those really understeery GTO 4WD jobbies, turns out I was in a Fairlady! The handling was so bad, I thought I'd chosen a different car. :lol:

Project Cars just can't get here soon enough.
 
I notice in some of the bigger Hp cars that camber will be set higher. Is that kinda how it goes for tuning? would you usually use more camber with more Hp? Thx:p
Generally you add more camber for stickier tires. More grip in stickier tires means more tire deformation due to higher loads, which means you can run more camber and maintain a large contact patch while cornering with high g-forces. Generally use about a 1.0-1.5 limit for Comforts, 2.0-2.5 limit for Sports tires and 2.5-3.5 limit for Racing tires.

The following two threads are where the tuning community is discussing the 1.09 camber and physics updates and probably where you'll find the most useful information:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/camber-theory.294762/

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-09-update-physics-changes.311597/#post-9786663
 
About the only thing left for me to enjoy in this game was some online racing with friends in stock/spec cars and that's pretty much ruined now. Yes the cars are still drivable, but the massive rear toe takes all the fun out of driving them. They all feel like old GT-R/Skylines now, grippy but not much fun in the corners. Thanks PD:tdown:👎


The physics changed, and so you may need to adapt your way of driving...

I've found that the two new Time Trials using the rentals showcases this new driving physics and default settings of extreme positive toe in rear front.

The cars are a lot MORE fun in the corners, as there is a lot less understeer and gassing through the corners now rewards you with the mechanical push of the rear wheels (in RWD that is) HELPING you steer the car, rather than just pushing it forward and making the front wheels do all the steering.

There's a lot more going on here than some of you can see, but that doesn't mean PD isn't working on something pretty special. It means you have blinders on!
 
Loved reading this thread.
I tried out the 600pp A-spec seasonal race with my good-old-trusty C7 and all I got was a crazy loose back end. Now that I see the .60 rear toe is possibly intended due to physics changes I might have to increase mine (think i keep it around .05 to .10 before the patch).

I really hated that race because of how tough it was to take my other cars into without playing with settings trying to tame the cars down (The Mclaren F1 was fine coming out of turns and enjoyably fast, but any over steering into a turn was an instant spin-out)
 
It means you have blinders on!

That doesn't mean I have to enjoy changing my approach, after so many weeks of making the old way work...
...but, I'll endeavour to make it work - none-the-less...
(I'm going to be crying for a good long time tho, I just want you to know that.)
 
Generally use about a 1.0-1.5 limit for Comforts, 2.0-2.5 limit for Sports tires and 2.5-3.5 limit for Racing tires.
Thank you :p!!! This is the structure i would LUV all tuning guides/advice to be like. Makes it so much easier to understand and take note of. Especially for my friends and i who have no idea what half of the parts are.
 
The cars are a lot MORE fun in the corners, as there is a lot less understeer and gassing through the corners now rewards you with the mechanical push of the rear wheels (in RWD that is) HELPING you steer the car, rather than just pushing it forward and making the front wheels do all the steering.

I guess it all depends on your driving style,
I generally like a little toe out at the rear in anything but an MR or RR car, as it just helps the car rotate much more freely
 
I noticed the toe change too. Big toe changes have occurred especially in LMP cars, they now have -0.50 Front and +1.00 Rear. I really don't see how this is "improving physics" according to PD. :odd:

I just noticed this tonight when I was comparing lap times of my Audi R18 Anniversary Edition vs. my new Toyota TS030 Hybrid. I reset my R18 back to default, so it would be a fair comparison, and i saw the enormous +1.00 toe-in on the rear tires and i thought I was seeing things. As far as I knew, PD had only increased from .20 to .60, but I was wrong!

What is the general consensus on this new default toe-in issue? Is it recommended that I decrease from .60 back to .20 or less? How about the LMP's that now have 1.00? Should we be dropping those to .20 or less as well??
 
Also, how does PD manage to dial in 0.6deg of toe on a car with Live rear axle?

cov-08live1.jpg
 
I find this game unplayable right now. Its a shame. All my favorite stock cars feel totally different and im not good enough at tuning to make a setup for each one, nor do i want to buy adjustable suspension for all my stock cars. Im going to put the game down for a few weeks, maybe a month, and see if they can sort this cluster f(_)ck they created out.
 
Got a laugh out of that article....

"We call this “heating & clenching.”"

think he means "Quenching"
 
I find this game unplayable right now. Its a shame. All my favorite stock cars feel totally different and im not good enough at tuning to make a setup for each one, nor do i want to buy adjustable suspension for all my stock cars. Im going to put the game down for a few weeks, maybe a month, and see if they can sort this cluster f(_)ck they created out.
Same with me setting up my favourite stock cars feel totally different and I am not good on tunning cars also that's why I do not play GT6 much anymore because every time PD updates the game it seems different.
 
Same with me setting up my favourite stock cars feel totally different and I am not good on tunning cars also that's why I do not play GT6 much anymore because every time PD updates the game it seems different.
Grid autosport came out today, and i can go back to gt5 and finish the career mode and endurance races, so hopefully that gives PD a month or so to get things going in the right direction.. i dont kno if im being pessimistic or wut but it seems like they're just sabotaging this game. Like they want to see how fast they can screw it up in 1 update. The senna update seemed promising, they still had problems but the game was getting better and it was more fun, now it doesnt even feel like gran turismo, the game feels like a giant mess.
 
i dont kno if im being pessimistic or wut but it seems like they're just sabotaging this game. Like they want to see how fast they can screw it up in 1 update. The senna update seemed promising, they still had problems but the game was getting better and it was more fun...

I have a strong feeling that you actually means this. That's scary. You actually think PD is trying to ruin a multi-million dollar EMPIRE all because you're not satisfied with the game?! You believe the programmers show up to work and the managers show up to work and collectively decide "hey, let's humiliate ourselves and intentionally release a bad product! That way, the Gran Turismo series will tank and we will all be out of jobs. Yeah...Let's do that!"

I just erased what I typed out ... It wouldn't do any good anyway. I just can't believe the mindset of some people sometimes...
 
Grid autosport came out today, and i can go back to gt5 and finish the career mode and endurance races, so hopefully that gives PD a month or so to get things going in the right direction.. i dont kno if im being pessimistic or wut but it seems like they're just sabotaging this game. Like they want to see how fast they can screw it up in 1 update. The senna update seemed promising, they still had problems but the game was getting better and it was more fun, now it doesnt even feel like gran turismo, the game feels like a giant mess.
PD is trying to make this game better but every time they update the game they screw up the game.
 
I have a strong feeling that you actually means this. That's scary. You actually think PD is trying to ruin a multi-million dollar EMPIRE all because you're not satisfied with the game?! You believe the programmers show up to work and the managers show up to work and collectively decide "hey, let's humiliate ourselves and intentionally release a bad product! That way, the Gran Turismo series will tank and we will all be out of jobs. Yeah...Let's do that!"

I just erased what I typed out ... It wouldn't do any good anyway. I just can't believe the mindset of some people sometimes...
Dont get yourself all in a tizzy now and dont put words in my mouth. Stop looking for an arguement or a reason to get ur panties all twisted up over a little sarcasm. Now before you hit me with your pocket book read between the lines, nobody would sabatoge their own company, i just think gt6 has become a lab rat for gt7, which isnt fair for the people who are loyal to the series and play this game. Why dont you let other people have their opinions and use the boards for something usefull.
 
Dont get yourself all in a tizzy now and dont put words in my mouth. Stop looking for an arguement or a reason to get ur panties all twisted up over a little sarcasm. Now before you hit me with your pocket book read between the lines, nobody would sabatoge their own company, i just think gt6 has become a lab rat for gt7, which isnt fair for the people who are loyal to the series and play this game. Why dont you let other people have their opinions and use the boards for something usefull.
I think and many other members I know also agree we are test beds at the moment for GT7.
 
Got a laugh out of that article....

"We call this “heating & clenching.”"

think he means "Quenching"
Unless you really hope it turns out the way you like. Still, it answered your question. Right? Of course the idea that it's done on stock cars from the factory (what PD seems to want us to believe) is preposterous.

Either I missed the discussion like this involving camber rather than toe or there isn't one and this will have to suffice. I just bought an Amuse S2000 R1 '04 and noticed the outrageous (albeit adjustable) camber values--what should they be?
 
Last edited:
In a way I sort of like it though not sure its more realistic.
There seems a bigger difference between most MR & FR cars now.
FR cars need to scrub speed to turn quickly, miss your braking point now & you lose more time as you fight to get the car to turn in. This does actually seem more realistic in a way I have had a few moments like that in RL.

Having trouble coming to grips with this camber, it does add a nice extra element to turn in.
I have managed to dial in some serious slow speed turn in, its unusable though as it snaps like bad lift off oversteer so hitting the apex consistently is nigh on impossible.
 
Unless you really hope it turns out the way you like. Still, it answered your question. Right? Of course the idea that it's done on stock cars from the factory (what PD seems to want us to believe) is preposterous.

Either I missed the discussion like this involving camber rather than toe or there isn't one and this will have to suffice. I just bought an Amuse S2000 R1 '04 and noticed the outrageous (albeit adjustable) camber values--what should they be?

I just happen to have bought the R1 a week or so before this latest patch hit, and it came with 4.0 camber on the front already at that point. Haven't gone back to check if it's different now though.
 
I just happen to have bought the R1 a week or so before this latest patch hit, and it came with 4.0 camber on the front already at that point. Haven't gone back to check if it's different now though.
Wow so it's supposed to be pretty ridiculous.
 
I just happen to have bought the R1 a week or so before this latest patch hit, and it came with 4.0 camber on the front already at that point. Haven't gone back to check if it's different now though.
4.0 Front, 4.5 Rear. I'm not sure how it handled before the patch but it handles very well now.
 
4.0 Front, 4.5 Rear. I'm not sure how it handled before the patch but it handles very well now.
The R1 Titan is probably the grippiest pure street car in the game, those without downforce that is.
 
For camber I usually started with 1.5/1.0 for comforts, 2.0/1.5 for sports and 2.5/2.0 for racing tires. RR's and usually MR's often higher rear than front, sometimes zero in front. FF's sometimes as low as zero in the rear.

Can you explain why camber settings depend on the kind of drive the car has?
 
Back