"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Well, not so much. It was upgraded, but only model and not all panels are separated. Textures are still horrible.

ib0b79MGNxSnCM.jpg

ib0K76Qi3xmz1K.jpg

Bonus: Calibra
ikYhsD2iXKPai.jpg

ibvvd757NcKSTh.jpg
The Calibra looks awesome!

I was curious about that too. They took away the "premium vs. standard" classification, but it's still obvious when you're racing a car that hasn't been retouched. The shadows look all boxy and pixelated and the interior is left all black? WTF. Even with 5% tint, you can STILL see something inside.

There's the thought that they are working towards getting rid of the standard distinction. First they've done it functionally (Photo mode, better customization, availability from the same dealership as the premiums) and they are now doing so by improving models. Some are overhauled to the point of very close to premium (in a few cases, literally a cockpit away), some are only cleaned up in textures and others untouched.

I was happy to see my S14's up-scaled a little (Silvia, 240sx, 200sx). PD still hasn't figured out the correct trim levels (240sx should have 200sx bumpers), but somethings better than nothing I guess.

Sadly still no cockpits for any.

With your logic, any "complaint" or any issue that is brought up going against the main flow of the thread (even when it is related directly to the topic) = take it elsewhere. Just don't think that's right - then again you think my posts aren't right.

This is going nowhere so I'll leave now but I hope that everyone who initially disregarded my point of view (don't lie to yourself - you know you did) understands what I was saying was on topic. In no way was I trying to flame on this thread as some of you have taken it.

tl;dr - I love the GT series, always have and will, but I'm not willing for it to ever slide from the mantle as best console racing game. (Yes, this is ridiculously off topic now :lol: )

It is going against the main flow of the thread, though... this thread is talking about (being specific here) the appearance of standard cars in GT6. NOT your opinions on standards in general.

I'm still amazed of how accurate my prediction was, I assumed that PD would remodel the exteriors of standard cars, but I didn't think it would come true and the fact these new modes look so well-detailed. Yup, I might as well never play GT5 again.

RUF CTR2 '96
GT5 standard /GT6 simi-premium
View attachment 88399 View attachment 88400
I wonder why PD has decided to clean up the wheel arcs and upgraded the body panels with panel gaps now, but not update the blurry number plate and head/tail-lights. What a let down tbh. :odd:
In the meantime, the other RUF's were perfectly done, which I could sit there and admire them by looking at them. :dopey:

Some of those standard cars looked better in GT4.... much better actually or is that just perception?

I think that because everything else looks more realistic, they kind of pop out more than they did in GT4. Texture resolution and model quality seems to be the same, from what I can tell.

I'm so happy that they made most of the standard NA miatas have the premium exterior... and stripes. It makes up for that duping thing. I'll upload pictures of all of mine later. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm kind of freaking out because from the list it looks like the Elise Sport 190 is no longer in?

eliseingt4two.jpg

eliseingt4.jpg

Can anyone confirm if I can put driving lights and headlight covers and swap the rims on the Premium Elise to match my avatar without using that silly body kit that Polyphony invented... and have they fixed the bonnet clips... the bonnet opens from the back, you don't need clips at the front?

I'd also be happy if they introduced a sub-standard category with cars from Gran Turismo 2 like the Elise GT1:

x_d4dfdf31.jpg

Last edited:
Back