"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by bodger, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Vitocorp

Vitocorp

The Calibra looks awesome!

JoaoSilva likes this.
  2. KrisVlad

KrisVlad

I was curious about that too. They took away the "premium vs. standard" classification, but it's still obvious when you're racing a car that hasn't been retouched. The shadows look all boxy and pixelated and the interior is left all black? WTF. Even with 5% tint, you can STILL see something inside.

3. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

There's the thought that they are working towards getting rid of the standard distinction. First they've done it functionally (Photo mode, better customization, availability from the same dealership as the premiums) and they are now doing so by improving models. Some are overhauled to the point of very close to premium (in a few cases, literally a cockpit away), some are only cleaned up in textures and others untouched.

4. NOSWaster

NOSWaster

Some cars like the Calibra are modeled head/tail lights and a cockpit away from being premium and the NA Mazda MX-5/Miata/Roadster cars all have a premium body without a premium interior. (Basically like @RACECAR just said)

I hope they retouch more of the cars in the coming months. A premium NB miata would be fantastic.

5. cgguy

cgguy

I was happy to see my S14's up-scaled a little (Silvia, 240sx, 200sx). PD still hasn't figured out the correct trim levels (240sx should have 200sx bumpers), but somethings better than nothing I guess.

Sadly still no cockpits for any.

6. OriginalCheezIt

OriginalCheezIt

It is going against the main flow of the thread, though... this thread is talking about (being specific here) the appearance of standard cars in GT6. NOT your opinions on standards in general.

Tenacious D likes this.
  7. MasterFocus

MasterFocus

8. Mikhail K

Mikhail K

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  9. Mikhail K

Mikhail K

10. Mikhail K

Mikhail K

11. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

@Mikhail K I'm so following you now on GTPlanet! I love your vehicle comparisons from GT5 to GT6! I thank you for taking the time to do these comparisons. :cheers:

PPaulino, raven214, J24681357 and 2 others like this.
  12. Mikhail K

Mikhail K

You are welcome! Glad you like it!

13. LeadFootLiam

LeadFootLiam

I need to post some photos of my Yellow bird. It just needs a full interior and its premium, well done PD.

14. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

Like it? I love it! :D

Mikhail K likes this.
  15. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

That RUF has not changed at all! All it got was straighter lines! :tdown: PD

16. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

Looks like the CTR2 is being left standard while the rest of the RUFs are getting a Premium treatment in the future (I can feel it in the air).

17. tankuroded

tankuroded

[​IMG]

Butthead ugly. :rolleyes:

weavty1 and archie_aileron like this.
  18. ZHPbimmer

ZHPbimmer

The e46 m3 is horrendous

19. LeadFootLiam

LeadFootLiam

One of my favourite cars in GT6.

GT6 RUF 005.jpg GT6 RUF 006.jpg

In three 3 years, PD did this good of a job modeling the majority of the cars in GT6, I think it wont take them any longer to include the premium interiors.

20. Mikhail K

Mikhail K

Circuit-de-la-Sarthe-2005_16.gif

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  21. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

I'm still amazed of how accurate my prediction was, I assumed that PD would remodel the exteriors of standard cars, but I didn't think it would come true and the fact these new modes look so well-detailed. Yup, I might as well never play GT5 again.

Tenacious D and LeadFootLiam like this.
  22. andrewyhy

andrewyhy

I wonder why PD has decided to clean up the wheel arcs and upgraded the body panels with panel gaps now, but not update the blurry number plate and head/tail-lights. What a let down tbh. :odd:
    In the meantime, the other RUF's were perfectly done, which I could sit there and admire them by looking at them. :dopey:

Harsk100 likes this.
  23. archie_aileron

archie_aileron

It looks like the least semi-premium of the semi-premium RUFs. :lol:

They look a lot nicer, but it's sad to see so many other cars didn't get the same treatment. This is what standard cars should have been from the start instead of shamelessly converted GT4 models.

raven214 likes this.
  24. Nikked

Nikked

The funny thing is, when GT3/4 was out, the detail and quality of the cars were amazing...GT5, and now GT6 is just...god damn.

DylanBP15 and Daddybird like this.
  25. Daddybird

Daddybird

Some of those standard cars looked better in GT4.... much better actually or is that just perception?

26. eran0004

eran0004 Premium

I think that because everything else looks more realistic, they kind of pop out more than they did in GT4. Texture resolution and model quality seems to be the same, from what I can tell.

Tenacious D likes this.
  27. djm99

djm99

This bugged me, so I made my own in FM5

[​IMG]

28. NOSWaster

NOSWaster

I'm so happy that they made most of the standard NA miatas have the premium exterior... and stripes. It makes up for that duping thing. I'll upload pictures of all of mine later. :lol:

29. dbarrade

dbarrade

I'm kind of freaking out because from the list it looks like the Elise Sport 190 is no longer in?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can anyone confirm if I can put driving lights and headlight covers and swap the rims on the Premium Elise to match my avatar without using that silly body kit that Polyphony invented... and have they fixed the bonnet clips... the bonnet opens from the back, you don't need clips at the front?

I'd also be happy if they introduced a sub-standard category with cars from Gran Turismo 2 like the Elise GT1:

[​IMG]

30. Abraxas

Abraxas Premium

Elise Sport 190 is in game, just checked :)