"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
I do appreciate the effort that PD has done with improving Standards. Some of them are technically Premium now like that Ruf BTR (which is my favorite Ruf. Thanks PD!).

But I don't know if to feel happy, or even more desperate. I am a 100% cockpit cam user, and having these Standards that were upgraded with Premium exteriors is kind of an incredibly mean tease from PD. I won't hold my hope to high, but I'll cross my fingers that some of these get an interior in the future.

So all of my favourite cars are unchanged? If the 190E is unchanged I might regret buying GT6.
The 190E I can't tell. It doesn't look very touched up but the curves on its wheel arches are far to smooth to be unimproved from GT4, from the looks of it.

Here's the Mustang Cobra R, for the people above. It has 3D panel gaps and the model has been touched up, but the textures are still low-res. Hopefully you can see the extra detail in these images, I had to underexpose them because the red was so bright that it washed out all of the detail.
4suu9W9.jpg

0W5CBVz.jpg

The Mustang can also go wingless now, for anyone interested.
4lO3CPK.jpg

I'll get a couple of pictures of the updated Holden Commodore, since I haven't seen that anywhere.

The 190E I can't tell. It doesn't look very touched up but the curves on its wheel arches are far to smooth to be unimproved from GT4, from the looks of it.

Here's the Mustang Cobra R, for the people above. It has 3D panel gaps and the model has been touched up, but the textures are still low-res. Hopefully you can see the extra detail in these images, I had to underexpose them because the red was so bright that it washed out all of the detail.
4suu9W9.jpg

0W5CBVz.jpg
Thanks the both of you, as one of my fav cars, it has improved a bit...I'm really happy about the wingless feature too cause I didn't like that huge one too much. Are there any other wing options for that are smaller for example like this or something close to it:
images

Attachments

• m5lp_1008_02_o+2003_ford_mustang_cobra+back_view.jpg
    m5lp_1008_02_o+2003_ford_mustang_cobra+back_view.jpg
    507 KB · Views: 13
Thanks the both of you, as one of my fav cars, it has improved a bit...I'm really happy about the wingless feature too cause I didn't like that huge one too much. Are there any other wing options for it like smaller wins for example like this:

No custom wings, just the stock wing, no wing, and the 5 generic wings I'm afraid.

As promised, here are the Commodore and the Piazza. The Commodore has had some very nice geometry improvements but the textures don't look very different. The Piazza on the other hand looks fantastic with improvements in both departments.

The Commodore isn't stock, by the way. It's running wingless with TE37s. Isuzu is fully stock.
UYJDPS6.jpg

Z29E4FL.jpg

w45I7NN.jpg

W7bu8To.jpg

9PQysIc.jpg

Iws3IGK.jpg

Does anyone know if there are any semi-premium R34's? I bought a R34 Vspec N1 and the windows/ headlights are from ps1/ps2 era. It's too bad I didn't have my save backed up.

Does anyone know if there are any semi-premium R34's? I bought a R34 Vspec N1 and the windows/ headlights are from ps1/ps2 era. It's too bad I didn't have my save backed up.
Nope, the newest Skyline that was touched up was one of the R33 models.

Actually, I think the Blitz ER34 was updated, but that's not technically Nissan.

Sadly there aren't. If you want a detailed R34 you'll have to settle with the premium V-Spec Nur R34. :(
On another note, @Mikhail K could you do a GT5 vs GT6 comparison of the Dodge Charger 440 R/T '70? :)

I got a DOME ZERO, it's worse than before. The textures along the side have gone all wonky with weird shading/colors. And now it can't equip wings? WTF PD?

Still drives great though!

I think they are mufflers of some kind. Or it could be like the exhaust of the HSV-010 (my namesake:sly:), preventing downshift flames and muffling:
133.jpg

Sorry, I worded that very badly because i'm a bit tired, I meant that it does stop downshift flames rather than it being designed to. And of course, where would the cat con go on that exhaust layout? I am a bit thick sometimes:ill:

Back