"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
I've so much mixed feeling about the updated standard cars. Some really look great now, I only discover I still don't buy them though.

Does anyone know that the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V's been updated?
Doesn't look like poop. Wheel arches are rather smooth but it's not on the level of the mx5s or anywhere near.
No clue what it looked like in gt5.

My own Ford RS200, it looks quite nice up close
11394142766_aceeef5ffc_b.jpg

11394142316_10768930b0_b.jpg

It's still quite possibly the worst of them all, and should never have made it into this, or GT5, in the quality it's in.
Alto_zps4d4e0ff7.jpg

Anyway, back to some goodies,,,

Here's the two DB9's, in the same paint, side by side for comparison. The one with the full kit fitted is the premium, with the other being the cleaned up standard, which can also have the same kit added.

Ronda_4_zps395afa55.jpg

Ronda_6_zpscb7e96fa.jpg

Anyway, back to some goodies,,,

Here's the two DB9's, in the same paint, side by side for comparison. The one with the full kit fitted is the premium, with the other being the cleaned up standard, which can also have the same kit added.

Ronda_4_zps395afa55.jpg

Ronda_6_zpscb7e96fa.jpg

Oh yeah, I did notice that the standard DB9 looked more similar to its premium counterpart in the dealership and it shows here. It is nice to know though that the standard MX-5s aren't the only standards that can have bodykits equiped to them.

I can't believe the difference in some of these. The comparison pics are startling. I won't be ashamed of driving old cars anymore!

Thanks, guys! The Caterham is looking great. It might not be far too noticeable, but nevertheless, I'm glad they've put som more effort into making it look better.

oh man it's nice to see those smoother lines on the Caterham, looks much better! I wonder, did they upgrade the polygonal mesh or is this a function of the new rendering engine?

Back