"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Well, not all of them. That's not likely but also not required. There are maybe 150/200 current standard cars that are "must haves", the rest aren't going to be missed by the majority, which is what PD should be catering to.

I just want to see the good standard vehicles (like the RUFs) become premium and remain while the absurd number of duplicates be removed. As I have stated before, there is zero reason for any standard of a car to exist if a premium version exists, it is nothing but unnecessary fluff.

Hey, die hard standard car fans. If you all want standard cars so bad, forget GT6. Forget Gran Turismo series all together.

Grid Autosport is on our way!!!!
jpg

It has a NFS Shift-like blurred and shaky cam! No cockpit but if GT7 will delete all standard cars, atleast we have a game to relieve the memories (or nightmare)

Last edited:
That picture was from a very early build of GRID Autosport. The release build has got a low-res dashboard which is blurred out, so there is at least some detail rather than none at all.

GRID has it's problems but I'd be much happier with standards in GT6 if they had cockpit views like GRID has. If you're not going to model the interior at least make it feel like you're actually inside a car, not running around a circuit with black construction paper taped to your monitor.

While I like the very detailed interiors of the Premium cars w/ the drivers hands and stuff I have to say if I had a wheel set up I'd almost prefer a view like GRID where you were up overlooking the dashboard through the windshield, that would be a much more appropriate view than having an extra set of hands and a wheel on the screen.

I know that you guys gonna kil me but, anyway.

NFS Shift 2 has 🤬 gameplay but Im really impressive with interior view and the way where the driver move the head while driving. Its some really nice detail, more realistic. The problem is, the cars bumps a LOT, hate it so much....

Hey, die hard standard car fans. If you all want standard cars so bad, forget GT6. Forget Gran Turismo series all together.

Grid Autosport is on our way!!!!
jpg

It has a NFS Shift-like blurred and shaky cam! No cockpit but if GT7 will delete all standard cars, atleast we have a game to relieve the memories (or nightmare)
I have a feeling of Deja Vu.....

GRID has it's problems but I'd be much happier with standards in GT6 if they had cockpit views like GRID has. If you're not going to model the interior at least make it feel like you're actually inside a car, not running around a circuit with black construction paper taped to your monitor.

While I like the very detailed interiors of the Premium cars w/ the drivers hands and stuff I have to say if I had a wheel set up I'd almost prefer a view like GRID where you were up overlooking the dashboard through the windshield, that would be a much more appropriate view than having an extra set of hands and a wheel on the screen.

If you want your game to have a cockpit cam but can't because of performance issues/lacking time or resources to model/etc., this is the way you do it. Nearly as immersive as the real thing, yet not as jarringly ugly and terrible as GT's solution.

This would work perfectly if they used something like that for standard interiors.

Well, not all of them. That's not likely but also not required. There are maybe 150/200 current standard cars that are "must haves", the rest aren't going to be missed by the majority, which is what PD should be catering to.
All of this.
Sony needs GT7 to sell. The priority has to be a balanced list of cars old and new. PD have to be careful to not put duplicates of the MX5's and Skylines, etc.
E30 duplicates are most welcome though.

All of this.
Sony needs GT7 to sell. The priority has to be a balanced list of cars old and new. PD have to be careful to not put duplicates of the MX5's and Skylines, etc.
E30 duplicates are most welcome though.

You said you want a balanced car list yet you welcomed E30 duplicates, which is hypocritical. Fans will moan about any duplicates. In fact, when I made a suggestion for a rally car, someone suggested that fans will complain if there is too many rally cars in the game. :rolleyes:

You said you want a balanced car list yet you welcomed E30 duplicates, which is hypocritical. Fans will moan about any duplicates. In fact, when I made a suggestion for a rally car, someone suggested that fans will complain if there is too many rally cars in the game. :rolleyes:

Yes you're right.
Love the car though and it will balance out the ratio of Euro cars to Japanese cars.

Yeah, because I doubt there are fans of the GS 300 Vertex edition :rolleyes:

Is he really that naive? Does he not see games like DriveClub, Forza, and PCars are 🤬 on PD's standard cars? This isn't a matter of keeping cars that are important to the fans it's about moving forward. 👎.

It's like he's earned nothing from GT5 and 6. I mean read the comments on the article, see for yourself.

Yeah, because I doubt there are fans of the GS 300 Vertex edition :rolleyes:

Is he really that naive? Does he not see games like DriveClub, Forza, and PCars are 🤬 on PD's standard cars? This isn't a matter of keeping cars that are important to the fans it's about moving forward. 👎.
He's blind and arrogant, that's what.

Yes, but that doesn't answer my question. And as I already said, it doesn't affect the number of premiums cars (already bigger than most if not every racing game)
That's true, GT does have the largest "premium" car list, so why bother keeping standards that are just filler and most are duplicates.

It's not a matter of cars here and there, but a matter of quality. PD needs to step up there game if they're going to compete with the slew of racing games from here on out.

That's true, GT does have the largest "premium" car list, so why bother keeping standards that are just filler and most are duplicates.

It's not a matter of cars here and there, but a matter of quality. PD needs to step up there game if they're going to compete with the slew of racing games from here on out.
Because the standards are for most part of the GT history. Kaz though that would make a lot of fan happy, but he just divised the fanbase more lol

I dont understand why its sooooo bad to include the standard cars? If you dont like then, dont use them. Some folks like them so whats the harm?
The harm is that it affects how seriously people take their franchise, taking PS2 content into the PS4 age is a very risky move to make as to a lot of people; quality matters more than quantity as well as consistency. Graphical consistancy is important in a sim and if a player sees a PS2 car while racing, it ruins the immersion.

Because the standards are for most part of the GT history. Kaz though that would make a lot of fan happy, but he just divised the fanbase more lol
Yeah well he sure as hell is going to lose fans if he keeps standards as well so PD have to choose something, but they chose quantity >quality like they always do.

Back