"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Goodness I didn't mean it like that :lol:

What I meant is that my PS3 just isn't hooked up right now. Maybe I'll do it just for this purpose đź’ˇ

Just give me like 5 minutes. DONE. Note that I'm not an amazing photo taker but it's the best I could do.

View attachment 196909 View attachment 196910 View attachment 196911 View attachment 196912 View attachment 196913 View attachment 196914 View attachment 196915
Ohhh. God. :ill:

Due to the horribly-textured cars filling up, i decided to bring good looking cars
zbmD6we.jpg

I think that not even with a premium treatment the 2cv could look good :lol::lol:

When I look at this thread I just can't understand how PD can do this, I mean we are on 2014 and some cars look like to come from GT1. SO weird !!!!

When I look at this thread I just can't understand how PD can do this, I mean we are on 2014 and some cars look like to come from GT1. SO weird !!!!
And PD literally thinks these are good enough to put in GT7 in a FREAKING PS4.

Thuough to be fair they can update it like some cars at GT5->GT6 but still......

Oh my god! And look at the reflection of the solar panels

Exactly lol, it seam they spent months for this area and I have to admit this look awesome.
But I mean first model cars before to do this kind of things.
Photo location is a kind of bonus for me and should be add in future updates and not in D1, this is not essential for the game as premium cars, community features and track creator IMO.

Last edited:
Now, thing about standards, is, despite their rather bad appearances, you can make most of them work, be it with the right angle, or "Leet" editing skills
I mean, look at this screenshot i took of the CLK touring car just because i bought one:
p4wxghw.jpg

Now, you could argue that its one of the better standards, and it is.
Remember how i said i wanted to put the Megane coupe in the french cars photo thread
in the photo i was talking about, i almost made it work
QhFmwC6.jpg

The window reflection is the screw-up, yes, but you gotta admit, the non impressive renault logo that i did on the close-up actually looks decent on this photo, doesn't it?
And as you know, there are standards that could probably never work. This is a photo of the RX-8 race car i saw on another thread, presumably taken from gt6-garage.
mazda_rx_8_concept_lm_race_car_by_gt6_garage-d7h815g.png

When something looks THAT bad, from THAT far away, you know it isn't a good texture/model.
Atleast for the NOMAD Diablo, i needed close-up shots because gt6-garage managed to somehow cover that diablo's bad parts of the textures.
And this... well... you can see already.

Back