"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
R390 road car

zg21.jpg

u23a.jpg

tumblr_llpaconywd1qgfgzq.gif

It makes you wonder whether this would have been a more appropriate level of detail for PD to to work towards from the very start, rather than having standards and premiums. I'd much rather have a complete selection of cars, all done to this standard, than have some of the really poor ones contrasted with premium models whose fine detail isn't apparent anywhere outside of photo mode.

Thanks @wvxmell.

I think a number of people will throw a hissy fit that they haven't done anything to that car. Hopefully Polyphony just ran out of time and that maybe they can update it later along with some other car models.

R390 got one heck of a makeover. Nice.
Supra, no work at all. Ouch. Maybe it will come within a year or 2 in an update.

Last edited:
It seems that a few people at PD were put on redrawing the standards and then increasing the detail to the old polygon mesh then reapply the newly drawn and higher resolution texture. That's the only way to explain it, there is no magical algorithm that will do what we are witnessing here. My guess is PD are still updating a great many cars but since those that aren't completed yet they still upgraded the standard versions to something viewable and less tacky looking. Note do not expect that many to make it into GT7 fully detailed, there will be some lost but realistically PD doesn't actually need every one of those cars.
If you look closely at the updated standard you can see it just looks cleaner and less rough, which is how I came to the redraws conclusion and also that they didn't actually go out and get those cars but referenced them from their archives of photos. Now if they get this done for all the standards in the game and be sure that none of them sport those jagged missing detail visuals they had in GT5 then I am sure we'd hear a lot less complaints. I hope that this redraw also is the reason why standards can remove spoilers and affix different spoilers.
People still complaining XX car isn't premium but XX is, seriously stop the madness. They can only model what they get access to, perhaps they haven't gotten their hands on a OEM stock version of whatever vehicle you are bellyaching about. Take a chill pill and relax, you don't get everything you wish for nor hope for just a fact of life.
I am thoroughly pleased, but I am still confused as to why is the deal with the audio, why does PD sound guys swear that cars especially race cars are so quiet? Why is the car audio always dialed back, in GT5 we had an update that cranked the engine audio up and that was nice then came some sound swap update that castrated a great deal of engine sounds the S7 went from Ford monster V8 to some wussy sounding I4 with sport cats. Get that sound guy some new ears and please stop cutting out the lows in engine and exhaust notes.

They got completely redone... pd di not bother with new license plate, emblem or headlight textures on most of them.. Just body work =D

tl;dr: Some standard, GT4 cars had their exterior improved (Nissan R390), some didn't (Supra). All standards cars that have a roof still have black interiors (750+), unless those that are now "fully" premium.

Last edited:
I would bet that the Supra will be a future premium... it's not premium already because IT'S ******* HARD TO FIND a stock these days... just a thought. The M30 E30 that everyone talks about, might not be in the game just because it's not easy to get one in good condition. Just look what they did to the RUFs! Everybody asked for them and here they are. Just think about this, PD is not stupid, I think, to not listen to our wishes. Give them some time...
For now just enjoy some of these beautifully made standards.
Some pics of de AM Vanquish and DB7 please.

I would bet that the Supra will be a future premium... it's not premium already because IT'S ******* HARD TO FIND a stock these days... just a thought.

In Japan?

The M30 E30 that everyone talks about, might not be in the game just because it's not easy to get one in good condition.

I saw two of them last month (ok it was at an event but still counts).

I would bet that the Supra will be a future premium... it's not premium already because IT'S ******* HARD TO FIND a stock these days... just a thought. The M30 E30 that everyone talks about, might not be in the game just because it's not easy to get one in good condition. Just look what they did to the RUFs! Everybody asked for them and here they are. Just think about this, PD is not stupid, I think, to not listen to our wishes. Give them some time...
For now just enjoy some of these beautifully made standards.
Some pics of de AM Vanquish and DB7 please.
Toyota and PD have a great relationship, I highly doubt that Toyota doesn't have a few laying around that PD couldn't get access to.

Toyota and PD have a great relationship, I highly doubt that Toyota doesn't have a few laying around that PD couldn't get access to.

The Toyota museum's bound to have at least one, I assume.

The Supra's continued terribleness is really confusing; I wonder what PD's method is for deciding which Standards get touched up, and which don't. I would've guessed it had something to do with how much the players are using them (it'd explain the RUF's), but the Supra is a car I see online a bunch, and it's definitely one of the most-requested on here for Premiumization.

Interesting that the R390 loses its side badging...

In Japan?

I saw two of them last month (ok it was at an event but still counts).

I was talking about finding one stock and in good condition (interior, exterior, engine, etc.)
I saw in one vídeo of a garage which Paul Walker owned with some company, or something like that, that had like 3 M3 E30s, the problema is, will the owners let PD scan their car? Is their "original"? That might be the problema. And like I said, just a thought, I'm no insider so I can't tell nothing.

The Toyota museum's bound to have at least one, I assume.

The Supra's continued terribleness is really confusing; I wonder what PD's method is for deciding which Standards get touched up, and which don't. I would've guessed it had something to do with how much the players are using them (it'd explain the RUF's), but the Supra is a car I see online a bunch, and it's definitely one of the most-requested on here for Premiumization.

I find it very strange too, I don't think that they would ignore this kind of requests, but only time will tell.

Both cars aren't that much difficult to find stock and they already have the info needed to make them "semi-premium" (no interior). That's not the reason.

How about the AE86 not being premium. Easy to find in Japan.

It's one of mine too. But moving onto the PS4, I'd rather there be no DC2 than the PS2-era ones we're stuck with currently. Considering it's such an historic car, I would certainly hope PD has the stock DC2 on their Premo hit-list, at the very least. Give us some decent visual mods and we can recreate the Spoon.

There is a no "room" problem facing Standards.
we also agree, as HONDA tuner, we feeling bad that DC2 is bad design. we hope ing for beeter GT6

Why is it that the ARCOR logo is allowed on the Opel/Vauxhall touring cars but not in the MB CLK Touring Car?

Some cars I'd like to see if anyone's got shots.

Amuse Carbon R
Citroen 2CV
Charger R/T 440
F150 Lightning
Accord Euro R
Furai
Mercedes 190E
Mitsubishi Legnum
Any/Some of the older Rally Cars (22b, Lancia, etc)
RUF BTR (has that been posted yet?)
Volvo 240

Back