"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Pics%2BOr%2BIt%2BDidn%2527t%2BHappen.jpeg
Be careful what you wished for!

your wish is my command.
View attachment 153870
0uLMwIs.gif

Has anyone else noticed that (cough, cough) Nissan has quite a lot of redone cars comparable to the other makes? Well, I guess they have a lot of cars to begin with.

My honest opinion is that alot of the cars that have seen visual touches, it gives me the impression that these are cars that PD wants to continue to use in future Gran Turismo titles. Those without such touches, I'm starting to wonder if they are wishing to scrap it. Either that or they've been busy re-modelling them or making them look sharper for a future Gran Turismo title on the PS4.

Let's just pray they do this. Because even a person who isn't as bothered as badly as others when it comes to standards like me, would lose my mind if standards are in Gran Turismo 7.

You react as if it was promised. They haven't updated anymore standards including the Chaparral so chill out.

Now Samus, is it a crime to be a fan of a certain car? ;)

I confess to being a Ford GT fanboy. As well as in love with the Oullim Spirra. And the Audi R8 and the BMW M3 GTR. And the Mk III Supra has a place dear to my heart. Not to mention a whole slew of Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

Okay, maybe I'm more of a car lover in general, but everyone has a few faves.

Some people are saying things about gaps in the panels of the cars. But are we making sure that those cars don't just have huge panel gaps in life?

I mean a few panels on my moms Dodge Intrepid have like a 1cm gap on a few good panels. Even my brothers 2014 Ford Fiesta has some pretty large gaps

Not deny'ing that a lot of standards just plain out look bad though. Because they do, and i personally cant drive a single standard that isnt open cab.

Some people are saying things about gaps in the panels of the cars. But are we making sure that those cars don't just have huge panel gaps in life?

I mean a few panels on my moms Dodge Intrepid have like a 1cm gap on a few good panels. Even my brothers 2014 Ford Fiesta has some pretty large gaps

Not deny'ing that a lot of standards just plain out look bad though. Because they do, and i personally cant drive a single standard that isnt open cab.
Isn't it the other way around? Bad standards doesn't even have a gap at all, just flat panel.

What they're saying is standards don't have modeled panel gaps, they're just lines drawn on. Semi standards and premiumshave separately modeled panels.

*looks at avatar, senses bias*

The favoritism is strong is this one.

While is not as mind-boggling as one guy online who once said "They should've put the Veyron on a Pedestal" (I'm not even joking), its still sadly optimistic.

Back