"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
It's gone.
vader.jpg

Only differences I've been able to work out from studying them is that the one from GT4 appears to be based on the Concept car from GT Concept (essentially, its the original GT LM Race car with literally only a different paint job and a rear wing to tell it apart) while the black one is Essentially the road car with no rear bumper, Dive planes and a rear wing.

Funny enough, they still have the original GT LM Race car which is essentially a repainted Ford GT Concept Car (Which is also still here). Makes telling them apart easy at least since I don't need to switch games to do so.

I don't know if anybody mentioned this before but I know the 73 skyline is a standard/semi premium, and the car looks and sounds really good to me, however I just drove it for the first time tonight and it was getting dark on the nurburgring and I always turn my high beams off when I enter the track, so I look back in third person view and they actually work on this car. This was a shock to me because it's the first standard car I seen do this. So then I started looking at the car more and found something else, it has a tag light! Its the first standard car I've seen having a actual working high beam and tag light. Does any body know of anymore standard/semi-premium cars that do this?

It just makes me question why do they select cars to get upgraded and upgraded with certain features like high beams, tag lights and reverse lights, while other standards look like the shark from jaws was chewing on the fenders. Lol, inconsistencies I'll tell you. I feel if you do one you have to do them all and if all standards looked like the 73 skyline, I bet more people wouldn't mind so many standards, because they all would look good.

I also have a feeling that standard cars are going to make it's way onto GT7/PS4, but they are going to look like the 73 skyline with functioning features.

I think all standards now have a generic hi and low beam headlight functionality.

What's a tag light?
Yes they all have a high and low beam toggle now but when you look at the actual head light you see the light transition from high to low beam like on a premium car. There are four lights on the 73 skyline, two for low beam, four lights are on for high beam. Now try this with any other standard, toggle the high and low beam and you don't see any movement of the head lights.
I think a tag light is the light that is around the rear license plate.
Yes, it's the light around the rear tag area, I noticed standard cars did not have this but this car does, just like standards don't have working reverse lights.

Yes they all have a high and low beam toggle now but when you look at the actual head light you see the light transition from high to low beam like on a premium car. There are four lights on the 73 skyline, two for low beam, four lights are on for high beam. Now try this with any other standard, toggle the high and low beam and you don't see any movement of the head lights.

The CTR Yellowbird and The CRX del sol also :)

I don't know if anybody mentioned this before but I know the 73 skyline is a standard/semi premium, and the car looks and sounds really good to me, however I just drove it for the first time tonight and it was getting dark on the nurburgring and I always turn my high beams off when I enter the track, so I look back in third person view and they actually work on this car. This was a shock to me because it's the first standard car I seen do this. So then I started looking at the car more and found something else, it has a tag light! Its the first standard car I've seen having a actual working high beam and tag light. Does any body know of anymore standard/semi-premium cars that do this?

It just makes me question why do they select cars to get upgraded and upgraded with certain features like high beams, tag lights and reverse lights, while other standards look like the shark from jaws was chewing on the fenders. Lol, inconsistencies I'll tell you. I feel if you do one you have to do them all and if all standards looked like the 73 skyline, I bet more people wouldn't mind so many standards, because they all would look good.

I also have a feeling that standard cars are going to make it's way onto GT7/PS4, but they are going to look like the 73 skyline with functioning features.
which skyline mate? I wanna try it :D

and also we could do that on Nissan R390 Road Car :)

I just tried the Yellowbird and the CRX del sol and yes they do have a high and low beam transition but they do not have a tag light or a working reverse light like the 73 Skyline. The skyline I guess is a true semi premium and I bet this car will one day be a full premium, the windows do not look as tinted as some of the other standards also.
which skyline mate? I wanna try it :D

and also we could do that on Nissan R390 Road Car :)
The SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73 and I do not have the R390 road car so I wouldn't know if it has these features or not.

[
The SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73 and I do not have the R390 road car so I wouldn't know if it has these features or not.
allright, got it. I'll try it soon.
anyway, you should try that R390. it has red interior and look so premium.

Standards at this point are unnecessary. We have well over 400 machines with full polygons. I'm almost certain the car list is gonna take a hit for next gen GT.
Have you been reading my mind? Because those have been my thoughts on standards for a while.

I don't think there is updated standards. I don't remember one updated in GT5 (except the XJ9 as a DLC), and only 1 in GT6 (the Type C Audi)

Again, I would appreciate if someone be responsible and check the standard cars.

Don't let the post die....
*sigh*
Honestly, I don't think it's worth checking, no standard cars were improved in the previous updates in any way (other than the Auto Union Streamliner) and I doubt that has changed now.

I don't think there is updated standards. I don't remember one updated in GT5 (except the XJ9 as a DLC), and only 1 in GT6 (the Type C Audi)
There is a list of 100+ in GT6 on the first page of this thread. They are standards that have been improved visually compared to in GT5, rather than 'upgraded' to be premium models.

You didn't get his point there.

Except for the Auto Union Streamliner, not a single car has been worked on AFTER the release of GT6, during UPDATES.

CrazyBrazilian asked to check out for any updated standard cars coming from the last update.

And I agree, enough time has passed to tell that PD won't update them any time soon.

If GT7 doesn't have at least 500 cars, I'm not buying it. I like my standard cars immensely. Graphics do not impress me, as my first game ever was Pole Position for Atari 2600.
GT6 already have more than 400 premium car's in game, so in GT7 we will have more than 500 premium car's for sure. So there no need for standard model... they made game less beautiful. All be optimistic and will say that in GT7 we will have about 600 premium car's. :D

There is a need for standards. I want my CRX, my SiR-II, my many S2000 variants, my Celicas and MR2's, my Galant VR-4 and Mazdaspeed Atenza, so on and so forth...

Going from GT1 to GT2 was like going from GT3 to GT4. I don't feel that way going from GT5 to GT6, so hopefully I will going from GT6 to GT7 because more cars = more fun.

If GT7 doesn't have at least 500 cars, I'm not buying it. I like my standard cars immensely. Graphics do not impress me, as my first game ever was Pole Position for Atari 2600.

Same here.

I was playing GT5 last night after finish both Extreme seasons for A and B Spec.

Some standard cars are really impressive. Corvettes, Mazda and Subaru.

I did a TVR T350 tunning, really nice car

index.php

Back