Star Wars Battlefront ;)

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 898 comments
In most games, players seem to take the same routes again nd again, while the AI seem to take different ones. Take Sullust for example, Nobody runs through the open area between the first uplinks, but Imperials were setting up positions in that area, in a few places I've never seen before. You'd have to play it to understand it fully, it's kind of hard to explain.

Interesting. Hopefully this will encourage at least a small portion of the community to try out different tactics online.

Yeah Dan, get on that PS4 already! :D

Give the me the energy to plug in and set up everything. :lol:

Nice! Boba Fett is awesome if you know how to use him. I always mess up with the jet pack thinking it's the zoom button.

Thats probably my only gripe with Bobba Fett. Some customization of the key/button layout beyond the 3 abilities would be nice.

That's the best quality potato cam I've seen in years :lol:

Well phone plus screen usually produces a potato like image but it seems its ok :lol:

What does the special edition come with?

To me this game is worth the initial $100 (season pass included). I got the game as a gift (the person paid $35 i later learned) and then i bought the $50 season pass.

With 400+ hours clocked in, the fun factor has definitely been delivered. Way better than paying $20 on a movie ticket and small popcorn....

According to the official site, this is what the extra outlay gets you:
  • Inflict more damage on enemy vehicles with the Ion Grenade.
  • The Ion Torpedo locks on to and delivers extra damage to your opponents' vehicles.
  • Made famous by Han Solo, the DL-44 is the blaster of choice for scoundrels across the universe.
  • Get electrified with the Ion Shock emote, available exclusively in the Deluxe Edition.
  • Celebrate your win in style and pump your fist in the air with the exclusive Victory emote.
Turns out it was just a short sale, and the games have now bumped back up to $40/$50. There's no way I see myself putting that much time into it, so I'll probably wait for it to go back down. I liked the first two games way back in the day, but I've never been the type to get too invested in the genre. Cheers.

• The Ion Torpedo locks on to and delivers extra damage to your opponents' vehicles.
  • Made famous by Han Solo, the DL-44 is the blaster of choice for scoundrels across the universe.
  • Get electrified with the Ion Shock emote, available exclusively in the Deluxe Edition.
  • Celebrate your win in style and pump your fist in the air with the exclusive Victory emote.
Turns out it was just a short sale, and the games have now bumped back up to $40/$50. There's no way I see myself putting that much time into it, so I'll probably wait for it to go back down. I liked the first two games way back in the day, but I've never been the type to get too invested in the genre. Cheers.

These two points can be misleading. Purchasing the special edition will NOT give your Ion Grenades or Ion Torpedoes more damage. These weapons deal more damage than others, naturally, since they are Ion-based weapons, not because you have to pay more for them.

This is the original description of the deluxe edition which granted early access to the DL-44 and ion weapons besides the season pass. Everyone else needed to level up to unlock these. The emote is the only exclusive "perk" there.

Like I said, I was gifted the game. But if I knew how fun the game was before that, I would have definitely paid the $60 for it.

The season pass with all the heroes, weapons and maps is totally worth it. Should some of that content been included on the original game? Sure. But how many times I've paid the full price for a game I only played for 15 minutes and never touched it again? One too many times...

FINALLY set up my PS4 and I'm so excited to try out Skirmish, but I have seven GB and five (the time keeps alternating between four and six) hours to go. Guess I'll be playing in the morning or early afternoon tomorrow.

Dan
FINALLY set up my PS4 and I'm so excited to try out Skirmish, but I have seven GB and five (the time keeps alternating between four and six) hours to go. Guess I'll be playing in the morning or early afternoon tomorrow.
Lol you make it sound like setting up a PS4 is a gigantic task :lol:.

Are you PST or ET? I'm in NY so I might be around 7pm ET

Lol you make it sound like setting up a PS4 is a gigantic task :lol:.

Are you PST or ET? I'm in NY so I might be around 7pm ET

You underestimate the power of my procrastination.

I'm in New Jersey, so EST. I'd love to play. I have the little PS4 headset, so we can communicate if you'd prefer. Just keep in mind that I don't have the Bacta Bomb yet, so I might not be as effective or supportive as I can be.

Dan
You underestimate the power of my procrastination.

I'm in New Jersey, so EST. I'd love to play. I have the little PS4 headset, so we can communicate if you'd prefer. Just keep in mind that I don't have the Bacta Bomb yet, so I might not be as effective or supportive as I can be.
Well if we do Skirmish co-op then we won't select our own loadouts (and Bacta-B isn't one of their presets) :indiff: so yeah don't worry about that

Count me in, too! I'm just under 20,000 XP from hitting rank 70. Totally dumping my credits on the Shock Trooper skin; I don't car how much the red sticks out, I'm slaying some Rebels, and I'm gonna look good, doin' it!

Yeah I'm diggin the shock trooper skin too. It's washing out the swarm of shadow troopers everywhere.

Leadfoot my PSN ID is the same as my GTP name 👍

I was hoping for a dedicated medic skin, even though it's likely never going to happen. If there's a class-based Battlefront in the future, I hope that will be a feature.

Ok, initial thoughts on Skirmish. Pretty fun, and it's something to do when your internet is down or waiting for a game to update. There needs to be some major changes, though. I'm getting really tired of being strafed by enemy starfighters every ten seconds. I can even hear them trying to strafe me while I'm underground!!! Also, where the hell is my team at?! I'm standing on the objectives trying my absolute hardest to defend, and I don't see a single teammate anywhere! Mind you, this is still on the lowest difficulty setting! I feel like I could do significantly better if I could choose my own Hands before a game started, and brought in a trait like Survivalist, because I'm getting shot from every single direction.

Agree with all of the above. The bots are MIA when they're on your team and the kings of PTFO when they're not. The starfighters are absolutely annoying and they only focus on you (occasionally they'll chase bot starfighters but if you happen to be in sight, they'll drop whatever they're doing and go straight for yo ass :lol:.

I only play skirmish when I need to train as a hero or try a new weapon like the new buffs on the pistols. Other than that, DICE needs to fix the bots to not be OP on master and actually PTFO when they're on your team.

Dude let's do some hero CO-OP. I'll be home in a couple hours

I cannot believe it...you finally did it :drool:

Lol, welcome to the DLC maps! Just don't ever expect to win as a rebel on Walker Assault cause it's not gonna happen :lol:

You'll like the scatter gun. Also, give the x-8 a chance; it was buffed on the last patch 👍

I love seeing GIFs of this game where people get an unexpected kill, then pause to comprehend what just happened, then do the Tusken Raider emote. :lol:

Haha yeah late reactions are the best. The funniest thing happened the other day. So we're in a blast match, and I'm killing this one guy like 5 times straight. He finally kills me, realizes that it was me, and I guess he was deciding on what emote to use so by the time he started emoting, I respawned quickly with my partner (who was nearby) and I rushed to kill him while he was still emoting....

I didn't have the laughing emote at that time, but it would have been damn near perfect to use it then. I was dying :lol:

Haha yeah late reactions are the best. The funniest thing happened the other day. So we're in a blast match, and I'm killing this one guy like 5 times straight. He finally kills me, realizes that it was me, and I guess he was deciding on what emote to use so by the time he started emoting, I respawned quickly with my partner (who was nearby) and I rushed to kill him while he was still emoting....

I didn't have the laughing emote at that time, but it would have been damn near perfect to use it then. I was dying :lol:

"I DID IT! I FINALLY :censored:ING DID IT!"

*Gets killed instantly*

"F:censored:!!!"

I know right. But I've been on the wrong end of that so many times too. I use the "not this time" and the tusken raider emote a lot. Even when I'm clearly getting rekt by the other guys. I still do them just to bust their chops; they probably think I'm the biggest douche ever. I've gotten so much hate mail it's hilarious. But whatever, that's one way to entertain myself, and if someone else does it to me, I don't take it at heart, it's just one more challenge to get back at them :sly:. It's just a friggin' game at the end of the day

Back