Star Wars Battlefront ;)

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 898 comments
What is the fastest way to unlock the Bacta Bomb? I really want it to not only help myself, but to benefit my teammates and feel like I'm actually contributing besides being cannon fodder for the enemy team.

Dan
What is the fastest way to unlock the Bacta Bomb? I really want it to not only help myself, but to benefit my teammates and feel like I'm actually contributing besides being cannon fodder for the enemy team.

IRRC, the contract involved personal shield and adrenaline stim card use. You may have to unlock the adrenaline stim first to obtain it. Having said that, it's pretty easy to unlock the bacta bomb, just pop up that shield as much as you can and you'll easily have the bacta.

Then the upgraded card requires you to use the bacta on like 20 teammates, which is even easier :)

IRRC, the contract involved personal shield and adrenaline stim card use. You may have to unlock the adrenaline stim first to obtain it. Having said that, it's pretty easy to unlock the bacta bomb, just pop up that shield as much as you can and you'll easily have the bacta.

Then the upgraded card requires you to use the bacta on like 20 teammates, which is even easier :)

No, the regular card is unlocked by getting 5000 objective score, and the upgraded one requires using 20 personal shields and healing 50 teammates.

I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented yet, but I wonder if DICE will create a remote bomb in a future update that acts like C4. So many modern shooters have this, but Battlefront does not. I wonder how they will balance it, but it's safe to predict that you'll be limited to one active bomb at a time.

Yeah you're right. Remote bombs/grenades have been a staple of most modern FPS since I can remember. Even GTA has had them since GTA VC... Hell, even goldeneye for N64 had remote mines :P.

I can totally see them useful at key locations such as uplinks or hidden on corners where a control point is being taken.. and then BAM!!! :mischievous:

Yeah you're right. Remote bombs/grenades have been a staple of most modern FPS since I can remember. Even GTA has had them since GTA VC... Hell, even goldeneye for N64 had remote mines :P.

I can totally see them useful at key locations such as uplinks or hidden on corners where a control point is being taken.. and then BAM!!! :mischievous:

They are potentially more annoying than proximity mines, which seem to have an infinite explosion range. :lol:

Dan
They are potentially more annoying than proximity mines, which seem to have an infinite explosion range. :lol:

Yep, the jump pack won't save you from them. Thinking about it now, the remote mines would be just another way to get cheap kills. I can picture this: Camper with scout trait and shadow trooper skin hiding somewhere in Sullust, detonates mines as people are passing by (probably near a spawn point or uplink), after racking up the kills, gets down, installs new one hidden somewhere, rinse and repeat etc etc....

Whenever I see Matthew Serna playing HvV, it seems like everyone who plays as Luke is a complete idiot. They ALWAYS die in the first 60 seconds.

LOL!!! I know right? sometimes i can't believe how incompetyent his teams are. No wonder why he complains about em.

BTW, he just got a PS4, so we may see him around once or twice. I played with Neb-J last week (he's OP lol) and saw Velociraptor on a walker assault game a while ago.

EDIT: Also, I started exploring glitches on different maps. I know a lot of people (specially my partners) are not fond of this, but what the hell, I get bored sometimes and I don't mind getting on top of maps to get a better view.

I saw a video by Tesko on how to get on top of the Goazon Badlands map, and once you get there it's pretty sweet. You can actually get on top of the tallest rock across the entire map and just hang out there.

I just noticed something: Scout level two has a 25% health regen for each kill? When did this become a thing?

Where did you see that? Are you sure it isn't the survivalist trait?

In one of MS's videos. I'll try to get the link for it, but in the middle of the game, an alert pops up saying "Scout Trait Level 2 - 25% Health Regen."

Dan
It's horrible that you have literally no way to stop it from happening, and that he's distracting you from playing the objective. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like your team had a high chance of winning, but a good player as a hero can sometimes turn the tables.
Yep, nobody was defending the uplinks (notice how quickly it was deactivated after i activated it) and we did not have a good shot even with pancake face's orbitals. I know I could have just ignored the dude and push forward, but I would have HATED to give him the satisfaction of killing me. Instead I chose to sacrifice one game and not make his day.

Super annoying!

The new trait card Escape Artist is out. I gotta say, it looks pretty funny to see people running at level 3 (faster than Greedo) around the map.

The new trait card Escape Artist is out. I gotta say, it looks pretty funny to see people running at level 3 (faster than Greedo) around the map.

I saw a video on r/SWBF of this guy on PC using it and playing at 110 FOV. Needless to say, I was howling with laughter.

:lol:. I'm trying for the first time tonight. Then right after, I'll download the new Battefield demo

EDIT: MC Hammer's Can't touch this would have been fine too. :lol:

OK that was fun.

Escape Artist definitely adds a new perspective on larger maps. level 3 is insanely fun, but you can get taken down quite easily since you do show up on the radar and anybody with a scatter gun can take you out if you pop-up that shield. I have definitely seen more usage of the scatter gun lately.

I wanted to play the BF Beta but the servers were still crappy (because of the attack) until later in the night, so I just decided to unlock the new trait and play BF today. We'll see how that goes.

OK that was fun.

Escape Artist definitely adds a new perspective on larger maps. level 3 is insanely fun, but you can get taken down quite easily since you do show up on the radar and anybody with a scatter gun can take you out if you pop-up that shield. I have definitely seen more usage of the scatter gun lately.

I wanted to play the BF Beta but the servers were still crappy (because of the attack) until later in the night, so I just decided to unlock the new trait and play BF today. We'll see how that goes.

Would you say that it could easily replace the Jump Pack? I feel like it's still a necessary star card because the terrain can be very difficult to traverse at times.

Dan
Would you say that it could easily replace the Jump Pack? I feel like it's still a necessary star card because the terrain can be very difficult to traverse at times.
See, the jump pack also gets a speed boost from the trait. Do you want to get to an objective or powerup as soon as possible? then you might consider carry the jump pack since you'll be in the line of action in no time. But other than that, level 2 allows you to get anywhere considerably faster.

It all depends on how you use your jump pack and your play style. I sometimes use it "defensively" (jumping away when being shot at) or sometimes I like to snipe people from some altitudes and need it to get there.

If you play cargo - since it's basically CQC- then you don't need it at all.

See, the jump pack also gets a speed boost from the trait. Do you want to get to an objective or powerup as soon as possible? then you might consider carry the jump pack since you'll be in the line of action in no time. But other than that, level 2 allows you to get anywhere considerably faster.

It all depends on how you use your jump pack and your play style. I sometimes use it "defensively" (jumping away when being shot at) or sometimes I like to snipe people from some altitudes and need it to get there.

If you play cargo - since it's basically CQC- then you don't need it at all.

I use the Jump Pack primarily to get to objectives faster since spawn locations are horrible, and for defensive purposes like escaping Thermal Imploders or Proximity Mines (which seem to have an infinite explosion radius).

Dan
I use the Jump Pack primarily to get to objectives faster since spawn locations are horrible, and for defensive purposes like escaping Thermal Imploders or Proximity Mines (which seem to have an infinite explosion radius).
Then you might not need it with EA lvl 2. I think DICE really created this trait just so they don't have to fix the spawn locations.

Found this on the subreddit yesterday. I was howling with laughter because of these images.

Imagine the insanity if a new pistol Star Card was added. You could have four pistols on you at any time. Just use a primary like a DL-44 or highly controversial DH-17, then a Scout Pistol, a Stinger Pistol, and whatever new one came out. Of course, you can have four guns currently, but it just goes to show how odd the loadouts can become in this game.

Back