Premium
United States
Vero Beach, FL
dice1998
The initial reveal:

Gameplay trailer:

Actual Gameplay

Wikipedia
Star Wars Battlefront is an action/shooter video game developed by EA DICE, with additional work from Criterion Games, and published by Electronic Arts. The game, based on the Star Wars franchise, is the third major release in the Star Wars: Battlefront sub-series, and is considered a reboot to the previous games, instead of a sequel.

Last edited:
Ooooooooh yes, yes indeed. I am now interested. If anyone can pull off immersive, large-scale battles it's DICE, I just hope they keep microtransactions away from it. Also I do hope there will be asymmetric multiplayer where people can use the hero characters, that would be awesome.

Total faith in DICE of all people to make this great. They have all the skills and engine to do it justice but I wonder how far along in dev it is.... we might be waiting to the next film comes out to see this!

Total faith in DICE of all people to make this great. They have all the skills and engine to do it justice but I wonder how far along in dev it is.... we might be waiting to the next film comes out to see this!

Well it depends on if they are using the game that was in delvelopment prior to Disney inking a multi-year deal with EA to publish Star Wars games, or if they are starting from scratch. Lucas Arts was working on this before they were sold to Disney and then shut down.

http://kotaku.com/the-last-months-of-lucasarts-472038151

I thought free radical were working on it?

It was stated that it is the Frostbite 3 engine so I doubt much was carried over anyway.

I thought free radical were working on it?

It was stated that it is the Frostbite 3 engine so I doubt much was carried over anyway.

You're probably right. Did you check out the gameplay footage video in the link I posted? Whatever they were working on looked pretty awesome. I feel bad for Lucas Arts, hopefully EA will do a great job with it.

awwwww+yeeeeaaahh.jpg

Is this going to be on PC as well?

I played the daylights out of the first two so I have high hopes.

I loved Battlefront 1. Can't imagine what they can do on next gen consoles as AAA title.

🤬 YES! I was in bed for like two minutes last night, looked on IGN and this was on the front page. If anyone is capable of making this game, DICE was. I actually hoped since EA bought the license, that DICE would make BFIII. E3 is proving to be amazing this year.

My childhood has come back to me!

If DICE is making it then perhaps it will play similar to Battlefield? If so that is freaking awesome. Destructible environments? Hell yes! Imagine running an AT-AT on Hoth and actually destroying the Rebel Base! Or real time damage to the whole structure of ships in orbit! Imagine venting all the atmosphere off a Star Destroyer to make it unlivable! I think this game will be great! Especially with multiplayer!

I'd like to point out that EA gave all the Star Wars rights to DICE LA not EA DICE stationed in Sweden. source

''DICE intends to fill 60 positions at the studio before the end of 2013, and has said that some workers from EA's existing LA-studio, Medal of Honor developer Danger Close, have already come over.''

So it's not really the same DICE that made BF3, but according to the article I posted.
''The LA studio is aiming to maintain the values and atmosphere of its Swedish parent, Troedsson added, saying that managers seek a consensus from staff before coming to decisions.''

Just putting this out there to avoid confusion later.

Is this going to be on PC as well?

I played the daylights out of the first two so I have high hopes.

It hasn't been announced what platforms are getting it, although you can bet your bottom dollar everything will get it.

Xbox One
PS4
PS3
PC
Droid and iOS
Leapfrog
N-Gage
Neo Geo
Electric Toothbrushes
Furby

I'd like to point out that EA gave all the Star Wars rights to DICE LA not EA DICE stationed in Sweden. source

''DICE intends to fill 60 positions at the studio before the end of 2013, and has said that some workers from EA's existing LA-studio, Medal of Honor developer Danger Close, have already come over.''

So it's not really the same DICE that made BF3, but according to the article I posted.
''The LA studio is aiming to maintain the values and atmosphere of its Swedish parent, Troedsson added, saying that managers seek a consensus from staff before coming to decisions.''

Just putting this out there to avoid confusion later.

Gah, you're right, I forgot. Bloody brand engineering at its finest. EA are terrible for this sort of thing...

Yeah, as Apok said, this is being developed by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DICE_Los_Angeles
, not DICE proper.

I have absolutely no faith that this game will be good. If it's not being made by either Pandemic or DICE I really, really, seriously, doubt it'll end up being a worthwhile successor to the previous games.
I'd be absolutely blown away if it is.

First thing I'm looking for is whether it'll stay 3rd person or switch to 1st. It'll be an early bad sign if it's the latter.

Yeah, as Apok said, this is being developed by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DICE_Los_Angeles
, not DICE proper.

I have absolutely no faith that this game will be good. If it's not being made by either Pandemic or DICE I really, really, seriously, doubt it'll end up being a worthwhile successor to the previous games.

First thing I'm looking for is whether it'll stay 3rd person or switch to 1st. It'll be an early bad sign if it's the latter.

Didn't the previous 2 titles use both? Or are you saying they will just go FPS and remove the 3rd person cam altogether?

Didn't the previous 2 titles use both? Or are you saying they will just go FPS and remove the 3rd person cam altogether?

I believe they did.
It's been awhile, but I think I remember playing in 1st person. I've personally never been a fan of third person stuff.

I know for sure BF2 (battlefront two, not battlefield...) used both first and third person views.

Very excited for this game!

, not DICE proper.

I just went from this

tumblr_lzhucd5k0e1qilsvb.gif

To

okay-meme-smiley-emoticon.png

((if you like space games, I made a topic about Star Citizen 2 weeks ago. It's worth a look 👍))

I'd still give them a chance with this game. They should know that everyone will be watching them closely with such an (can I say it?) iconic series of games now in their hands.

Back