Stats Site

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by jasguer, Jan 6, 2018.

1. SpaceMaN47y0

SpaceMaN47y0

On the track averages page, the lowest start and best start are switched. A little confused at first as lowest finish and best finish are correctly the higher and lower numbers. Loving the site though, much more than any app offers.

2. jasguer

jasguer

Thanks @SpaceMaN47y0 that is now on my list of things to fix. :cheers:

That was actually a really quick fix so it should look better now.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    8l23ub, Mirror_man and fastone371 like this.
  3. jasguer

jasguer

Just wanted to send a quick update to let everyone know I'm still around.
    1. I haven't had much time the past few weeks to work on things so I've been kind of disappointed about that. I can't help but feel like I'm letting people down but hopefully I'll be able to work on on the site next weekend.
    2. I'm still experiencing issues with the database server crashing on me. It seems like one of the SSDs is going out on me and experiencing intermittent failures. On April 11th, the server shut down unexpectedly and caused some corruption in some of the database tables and some data loss. I didn't have time to see where the data loss occurred but I'm hoping that it was nothing significant. This also caused a delay in the update of stats from about April 11th to April 14th. Once I powered the server back on on the morning of the 11th, I assumed things were back to normal and didn't discover the corruption until yesterday. Sorry about that.
    3. I suppose I was overly optimistic in the Go Fund Me campaign (https://www.gofundme.com/new-hardware-needed-for-jasonguernseynet). So far I've only managed to raise $80 in about a month but I'm not going to give up hope. $5000 is a lot to ask for but even half of that would make a huge difference. I'm also putting up my own time and money to build and support this site. I said early on that I wouldn't be adding ads to the site simply because I find them annoying and detract from the value of the site. Besides, I don't even know if adding ads to the site would be a substantial monetary benefit.
    4. I lost a little bit of my ambition when my T300RS unexpectedly died on my last week. I just finished qualifying for a race. I got up from the seat, went to my kitchen to get a drink, came back and the wheel was dead. No lights, no fan, nothing. Not sure what the deal is but it's completely dead and out of warranty.
    In a nutshell, I'm trying to keep the site going myself. However I'm not opposed to selling the software that I have written to build this site to someone who will dedicate the time and resources to keep the site running. If anyone is interested, PM me. Keep in mind though that I have spent way more than a thousand hours building this site and the data mining services so the price will not be cheap. I'm a software developer in real life so I know what code costs. :cheers:

fastone371, NAXEHT, garix and 4 others like this.
  4. Mirror_man

Mirror_man

An huge thanks for your Info and your humongous effort!!! :) I´m very sure that if somehow you´d find a sponsor or put this software on a type like Patreon, payed support, you could have a big future for it, as all the info it gives to GTS players is like no equal!! :)

meck_rb7, fastone371, NAXEHT and 3 others like this.
  5. Sven Jurgens

Sven Jurgens

Thanks for all your work! I figured something went wrong when it stopped updating on the 11th.

It has updated now :)
    [​IMG]
    It took letting my DR slide all the way to 1 (avoiding everyone that got close, dropping to an average finish position of 11th per race) but Catalunya finally had very consistent track limits.

I'm still working on the races finished and race count lol.
    [​IMG]
    That goal post keeps moving!

Perhaps you can ask @Milouse if adding ads can help and how much trouble it is. It's nicer without, yet getting some money for your efforts is nice as well. Plus I assume it won't put any extra strain on your end if set up right.

I'm still hoping you can one day settle the debate what country has the best and cleanest drivers. Average DR/SR per country table ;) It changes all the time yet some running average per player would work. Of course a simple snapshot (which I assume takes days to gather as the server goes around all the profiles) has enough random samples to get to a pretty reliable average.

Goodluck, add ads if it can help.

meck_rb7, Pigems, jasguer and 2 others like this.
  6. jasguer

jasguer

Site will be down for a few hours for some hardware maintenance. Hopefully I can be quick about it.

Update: New hard drive had been installed. Thanks to everyone for your patience. Also, big thank you to those that donated to the site. I was able to buy a new hard drive at least so hopefully things stay running more consistently. :cheers:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  7. Mirror_man

Mirror_man

Awesome! Jasguer! You did it again!

sturk0167, fastone371 and jasguer like this.
  8. meck_rb7

meck_rb7

Is there something wrong with the site? Seems like it haven't updated since the 5th of may....

No rushing @jasguer, i'm still happy this site is around, so just work on the sitw when you got the time my friend!

9. jasguer

jasguer

Not sure why its not updating for you. I just checked my own stats and they were updated a few hours ago. I restarted the services that collect and update the data but let me know if they don't update in a few hours. :cheers:

meck_rb7, Mirror_man and Sven Jurgens like this.
  10. watto79

watto79

My Race History hasn't updated since 19th April. Any ideas why that might be the case? As others have said, no rush as I know this is hobby for you :)

11. jasguer

jasguer

I'm sorry I hadn't noticed that issue. I'll try to take a look tonight. Thanks!

12. meck_rb7

meck_rb7

@jasguer , sorry for my late response. The only thing that updates is the "summary". All the other tabs at "home" doesn't update unfortunally.

13. meck_rb7

meck_rb7

@jasguer , still the same problem as above. Could you check this when you have the time mate?