Stats Site

• Thread starter jasguer
  • 1,071 comments
You know?? One of the reasons I stopped playing GTS Online Racing is due to your site having been out of work... Maybe now i feel the aditional impulse to come back...
:)

Wow, that makes me feel so important! :cheers:

Also, if anyone has noticed any issues with data either not loading, being incorrect, or pages being slow to load please let me know. I’ve been trying to keep track of things but the company that I work for now blocks my access to my web site so no more working on the site while I’m at work. Here’s what I know isn’t working right:
Fastest laps by track
Race history isn’t current
I know there are others I just can’t think of them at the moment

Also, if anyone has noticed any issues with data either not loading, being incorrect, or pages being slow to load please let me know. I’ve been trying to keep track of things but the company that I work for now blocks my access to my web site so no more working on the site while I’m at work. Here’s what I know isn’t working right:
Fastest laps by track

What the heck? How does your employer expect to get the "important" stuff done if you are blocked from your personal sites while at work??? :lol::lol::cheers:

Well, I have been having issues with hardware again, hopefully no one noticed the 2-3 hours of downtime yesterday morning. I'm pleading with the community for some help. I started this web site to be useful to the Gran Turismo Sport community. The site has grown to have more then 1700 users and continues to add more each day. Unfortunately, the site does not bring in any revenue from ads so I'm left to fund the site myself. The site has proven to be very useful to many players of the game and I'm asking the community for assistance to purchase new hard ware. I have been experiencing issues with hard drive failures and system memory issues that are in turn causing performance issues with the site. The $5,000 I am hoping to raise would cover the cost of two new servers to host the site for many years to come. Even if I could some how raise just half of that, it would be a huge help.
https://www.gofundme.com/new-hardware-needed-for-jasonguernseynet

Well, I have been having issues with hardware again, hopefully no one noticed the 2-3 hours of downtime yesterday morning. I'm pleading with the community for some help. I started this web site to be useful to the Gran Turismo Sport community. The site has grown to have more then 1700 users and continues to add more each day. Unfortunately, the site does not bring in any revenue from ads so I'm left to fund the site myself. The site has proven to be very useful to many players of the game and I'm asking the community for assistance to purchase new hard ware. I have been experiencing issues with hard drive failures and system memory issues that are in turn causing performance issues with the site. The $5,000 I am hoping to raise would cover the cost of two new servers to host the site for many years to come. Even if I could some how raise just half of that, it would be a huge help.

At 1700 users that's less than $3 per user., certainly not too much to ask for for the hours that you donate and the amount of info that you offer. I will gladly kick in $6 if you start a donation page.

Last edited:
I'll throw some $ at your Gofundme page tomorrow. :cheers:

Fastest laps by track

Im an idiot and accidentally removed my PSN ID from the search criteria, can I reverse this? Additionally I may be wrong but it looks like I could in theory use this feature to prevent others searching their own rank, which is a flaw in this function.

Last edited:
Im an idiot and accidentally removed my PSN ID from the search criteria, can I reverse this? Additionally I may be wrong but it looks like I could in theory use this feature to prevent others searching their own rank, which is a flaw in this function.

As of right now there is no way for you to do it but if you send me your PSN ID I can remove it from the filter. There are some people that want to see their stats without wanting to register and there are those that don't want their stats visible. I'm considering removing the search feature but am stuck in a position of trying to keep people happy, no matter how I change things, someone is going to be unhappy with the decision.

@jasguer Can you make FIA time trial leaderboards work again? That would make your site unique.

That is definitely on my list of things to fix. I just need to dig through the data from PD to figure out what caused it to stop working. I have Friday off from work so I'll hopefully get it sorted out on Friday or Saturday. Hopefully in time for the start of the new season.

Last edited:
As of right now there is no way for you to do it but if you send me your PSN ID I can remove it from the filter. There are some people that want to see their stats without wanting to register and there are those that don't want their stats visible. I'm considering removing the search feature but am stuck in a position of trying to keep people happy, no matter how I change things, someone is going to be unhappy with the decision.

That is definitely on my list of things to fix. I just need to dig through the data from PD to figure out what caused it to stop working. I have Friday off from work so I'll hopefully get it sorted out on Friday or Saturday. Hopefully in time for the start of the new season.

That woud be extremely :) awesome! :)

I am an idiot, I didnt realize you had a go fund me set up when I posted last night, my donation will be made when I get home from work tonight. I also didnt realize that you were a fellow cheesehead. You gotta forgive me, I am a little distraught at the moment in the direction the Packers are going at the moment with cutting Mathews loose and all, I hope they have a plan.

I am an idiot, I didnt realize you had a go fund me set up when I posted last night, my donation will be made when I get home from work tonight. I also didnt realize that you were a fellow cheesehead. You gotta forgive me, I am a little distraught at the moment in the direction the Packers are going at the moment with cutting Mathews loose and all, I hope they have a plan.

Thanks! I definitely appreciate it. It's okay, I understand. :cheers: I've lived here my entire life. I'm confused why the Packers would do some of the things they have been doing lately but I'm sure they have a reason and a plan.

Fantastic news, I was a little worried that historical race information was no longer accessible but I was able to sort out the issue. However, information on race history will only include data that I already have and for races after March 20th meaning there will be a gap from about August 2018 to March 20th, 2019. Next on the list is to fix the FIA race leaderboard pages.

Ooh nice, the race history works again, now I can see how many places I gained in each race :)
And how bad the SR is going :lol:

I've been racing without qualifying a lot
1Dmd.jpg

Wow, you already have Autopolis in there. Uhm yeah I wasn't into it last week.

Awesome work!

Ooh nice, the race history works again, now I can see how many places I gained in each race :)
And how bad the SR is going :lol:

I've been racing without qualifying a lot
1Dmd.jpg

Wow, you already have Autopolis in there. Uhm yeah I wasn't into it last week.

Awesome work!

Wow that's a awsome chart! Only 1 circuit where your finish position is lower then your starting position. Only could wish my chart looked like that.

:cheers:

Wasn't able to make much progress today. Part of the problem is that it has been so long since I last worked on the site it takes me a while to remember how everything works together. Its a bit of a chore but I'm slowly getting familiar with how I wrote things again. I really wish I had time to do a rewrite to optimize some of the code a bit but there is so much code that it would take me forever. Thanks for being patient with me and thanks to all of those who have donated on Go Fund Me. Your contributions are greatly appreciated. I will like to add that if my Go Fund Me campaign doesn't reach enough for me to purchase newer hard ware within the next few months, I'll see what I can do about refunding the donations. Thanks again!:cheers:

I would say, use whatever you get to get at least some more HDD space and/or memory to make things run more smoothly. Perhaps some other small updates could help.

Good luck with the old code, I know a thing or two about dealing with legacy code. It's not easy.

I would say, use whatever you get to get at least some more HDD space and/or memory to make things run more smoothly. Perhaps some other small updates could help.

Good luck with the old code, I know a thing or two about dealing with legacy code. It's not easy.
Thanks, Sven. The current database server has 24 GB of RAM but ideally I would like to have 128GB. Right now the hard drive space is okay, but I would like to have more space and at least 8 drives in a RAID 10 array.

It's going to take me a little while to get the rest of the site updated but I'm slowly getting there.

Hi jasguer, is it possible to upgrade the Players by Country numbers? I've noticed that only the "Total profiles" number is updated, but the numbers of country players are the same from 6 months or more

http://www.jasonguernsey.net/gts/Drivers-By/Country

Thank you

Thanks, I hadn't noticed that wasn't working correctly. I'll look into getting that fixed later this week.

I should have read a little more about some of the changes. I have been confused about some of the data I've been getting, specifically in regards to regions. I had no idea that there had been a splitting of some of the regions which changes how I need to go about collecting data a great deal. Now I can see why the FIA leaderboards are all out of whack. Now that I know where the problem is, I can try to fix it. Probably won't be until the weekend though.

Edit: The frustration is real. Daily races are still divided into just 3 regions but FIA races are divided into 5 regions. I'll get it sorted out but it may take a little while.

Last edited:
Another change PD made in your absence is that you can do participate in multiple FIA races instead of just one. I don't know if that will impact your data, yet if you were tracking FIA race history you might be getting multiple results per player now.

Another change PD made in your absence is that you can do participate in multiple FIA races instead of just one. I don't know if that will impact your data, yet if you were tracking FIA race history you might be getting multiple results per player now.
Good point, thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind when I get around to working on the FIA race results part. It's pretty high on my priority list so it will be one of the first few things. I need to clone myself to get all this stuff done.

Hi jasguer, is it possible to update the Players by Country numbers? I've noticed that only the "Total profiles" number is updated, but the numbers of country players are the same from 6 months or more

http://www.jasonguernsey.net/gts/Drivers-By/Country

Thank you

I had a few minutes today so I was able to fix drivers by country and drivers by region. Those two pages should now be updated going forward.

Also, since it appears there have been changes to the physics engine that make records on the Track Records page unattainable. I'm thinking about resetting this page to start from scratch. Any one have any opinions on this? Thanks!

Back