Steam sale thread: Summer 2017 Edition

Just bought Verdin and Red October 2.

Currently getting my ass handed to me several times over in Verdun.

Currently getting my ass handed to me several times over in Verdun.
That will happen. I sometimes like to just got MG and set it up and spray. Downside of course is that you are easy meat for snipers.

Finally bought R6 siege, very addictive game.

Was looking at JC3 and Project cars but even at less than half price I still can't justify buying them, especially JC3 which is apparently a mess on PC.

I saw this and went on a spending spree, got Assetto Corsa+DLC, pCARS (already have it on XBOne but it's crap on it), Age of Empires II ( feeling nostalgic) and Grim Fandango+Soundtrack (Same reason as for AoE II).

Amazing how the featureless sale format has pretty much killed the conversation here, it seems like the sale is now a case of check wishlist, buy what you want, forget sale exists. There's no discovery element any more, which is definitely cheaper for me...

That said, I want a dumb open world racing game because TDU2 sucks and most recent Need For Speeds have no customisation or wheel support, so I'm looking at The Crew: Wild Run: Complete Edition: The Game and Need For Speed (which is 50% off on Origin). I'm leaning toward the latter because of the car selection and customisation, but the former seems to have more variety.

Any thoughts?

I don't like how Racing games are generally still expensive even though many of it got 50 percent cut off.

FPS got a huge price drop of all genres.

Sooooooo... The Europa Universalis 4 pack didn't include all the DLC. Just a bunch of it. Did some research and everyone's advising me to get The Art of War, El Dorado and Common Sense expansions. Might as well do so as long as they're 66% off :D

Amazing how the featureless sale format has pretty much killed the conversation here, it seems like the sale is now a case of check wishlist, buy what you want, forget sale exists. There's no discovery element any more, which is definitely cheaper for me...

That is certainly the case for me. I have not bought anything and it is not looking like I will be buying anything after picking up Overwatch over the weekend.

Well, I tried Just Cause 3 for a couple of hours but the performance issues are unbelievable, so I refunded it. That means my budget will have £20 in it again in a day or two, so...

b4cc92c791.jpg

Done :D

I got Doom with my refund money.

Pay day soon, even though I just booked a weekend break to Berlin I might pick up Superhot, Transformers: Subtitle and maybe Need For Speed (on Origin *spit*).

Is Autosport good?

It's pretty fun. Though it does try a bit too hard to be a simulation, when it really isn't. It still has the type of handling from Grid 2, only refined.

I say around its price, it's worth it. The career mode is actually quite engaging.

So, just a day left. Which game should I buy under 15 dollars?

I bought Left 4 Dead bundle so my wallet is now that amount left. I'm now considering Payday 2, Portal 2, etc to my collection.

Thought I wasn't going to be buying anything this sale, but as it were, the Total War franchise has intrigued me for some time, so I've now bought Napoleon: Total War, and Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai. Can't wait to get started.

I think i bought all I wanted this year so far. I got Torchlight 2 (£2), Scrap mechanic (£12), Burnout paradise ultimate box (£2.50) and Grid 2 with all DLC (£7.50) I was surprised how much better Grid 2 seems compared to the PS3 version that I hated I got the PS3 version free with PS+.

Thought I wasn't going to be buying anything this sale, but as it were, the Total War franchise has intrigued me for some time, so I've now bought Napoleon: Total War, and Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai. Can't wait to get started.
Not played Napoleon but Shogun 2 FOTS is great.

I picked up Prison Architect, and since my only racing game at the moment is Rally Dirt, I went ahead and snagged a copy of PCars. I still want Dead by Daylight and Fallout 4, but those will have to wait for another day, priorities and all that.

Payday 2 bought. One more. Bioshock 2, Borderlands 2, or Portal 2.

Three very different games. Borderlands 2 has a LOT of replay value (if you enjoy the basic premise of shooting everything with an assortment of procedurally generated guns and you can tolerate the humour - I've personally played a huge number of hours without sound at all for this reason), Portal 2 is a great puzzle game (but I personally thought it dragged on too long) and Bioshock 2 is... Well, personally I got bored after an hour but most people love it for its story.

I'm thinking of a snagging myself a copy of Borderlands 2 GoTY, mainly because of shooting at everything and the humour. Portal 2 is great, I've repeated it 3 times now. BioShock 2, well I'm yet to try it because I haven't finished the first.

Got myself a laptop so I want some nice games to play on this thing. Saw LA Noire for €5,99, couldn't resist. Went looking for some more strategy and bought Civilization 3 and 5. Also Age of Empires 2 HD, for some nostalgia :lol:

Tips are welcome :)

Hey guys, I'm getting a laptop later this week, just wondering if I'd be able to purchase games in the sale and download them when the laptop arrives?

My brother was having trouble using his account on a second device so I'm unsure. Of course, he is an idiot so I figured I'd ask here as well.👍

Back