Steam vs Console

• Thread starter Brego
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
I have played some FPS on Steam and it always seems like there is the tiniest bit of lag, and occasionally major lag spike. Is this going to be the case with PC2 on Steam, as compared to playing on a console?

Now take a look at Fog's signature, and see if your computer specs (especially the graphics card) approach his. As you don't lay out your system specs, Brego, it is hard to come up with any useful advice.

Also, how's your internet connection? Wired? Wi-fi? Cable? Shared?

I have heard little complaints about Steam (although private servers may be the choice of top leagues), but plenty about under-achieving computers and graphics cards. I think this (or your connection) is your issue if you have had similar problems on FPS's etc..

That's about a century in Internet years, right? LOL

Where are you from? Are connection issues common from there? Basically, if others from your area on Steam aren't having identical issues, you need to troubleshoot Steam and your rig. Plenty of sites to do that...

I'd definitely ditch the wifi and go wired. Racing games put the highest stress on connection reliability of just about anything.

I'd definitely ditch the wifi and go wired. Racing games put the highest stress on connection reliability of just about anything.
As much as I'm annoyed by what he says sometimes, he is right here. If you can't go completely wired, try a Powerline Ethernet idea instead. When I changed from WiFi to PE, the changes were night and day.

Jake is usually annoyed by what I say even when I'm right! Most of his annoyance comes from not wanting to hear the problems again. But we both love the game. I'm just more vocal about wanting it to get better... :cheers:

Back