Ok, I have some controller settings that work for me. From the top down:

Yes
Mode doesn't matter, it just changes the other settings so leave it
On
On
On
On
thanks mate will give that a go

I believe I just hit the nail on the head, with controller settings!

Steering deadzone = 18
steering sensitivty = 5
Throttle deadzone = 0
Throttle sensitivity = 30
Brake deadzone = 14
Brake sensitivity = 15
Clutch deadzone = 0
Clutch sensitivity = 45
Speed sensitivity = 75
Control filtering sensitivity = 50
Force feedback = 90

Give it a shot, to me its just about perfect.

Steering deadzone = 18
steering sensitivty = 5
Throttle deadzone = 0
Brake deadzone = 14
Brake sensitivity = 15
Clutch deadzone = 0
Clutch sensitivity = 45
Speed sensitivity = 75
Force feedback = 90

Thanks bud will give it a go tomorrow

Steering deadzone = 18
steering sensitivty = 5
Throttle deadzone = 0
Brake deadzone = 14
Brake sensitivity = 15
Clutch deadzone = 0
Clutch sensitivity = 45
Speed sensitivity = 75
Force feedback = 90

Nice. Will try these.

If anybody seems to have extremely twitchy controls on XBONE, please try to reinstall the game.

There are reports @WMD that this could be a bug that gets fixed through the reinstallation.

If anybody seems to have extremely twitchy controls on XBONE, please try to reinstall the game.

There are reports @WMD that this could be a bug that gets fixed through the reinstallation.

I'll let someone else guinea pig that. 20 gig download takes ages for my 7 mbit connection

That's the issue I have, can't even go round a corner as its so twitchy. Slightest movement on the controller and the car is un steerable

I've read that the XBONE controller had an update few weeks ago. Did you apply that already?

I've got the latest update for the controller and it's still twitchy as hell, even with the steering deadzone at 100% and the sensitivity at 0%. I'm reinstalling the game now to see if that does anything.

Felt good out of the box so to speak for me! May need tweaking for different cars, dunno.

awesome, thanks. so looking forward to US release now, with my TX. Did you calibrate it in game or just run as is?

I think I will calibrate it, do a couple runs with default settings first, then increase ffb strength to 100% (from 75?) and decrease damping to 0 (from 25). see how it differs.

If you find anything else useful for the TX would really appreciate a heads up!

I havant calibrated no but then again I have only played with PCars for like 10 mins this morning. Problem is that I do not have past experience with good FFB so do not know what the benchmark is. I use to love my ms xbox wheel on the 360 with very little FFB so perhaps im just easily pleased.

I've reinstalled and it's made no difference. It seems to be 10x worse in the road cars, just tried one of the lmp cars and it was definitley not as bad so back to the settings for the next few hours.

Another thing is there doesn't seem to be a way of changing the steering settings on the fly, you have to quit and go back to the start and do it from the options menu.

I've reinstalled and it's made no difference. It seems to be 10x worse in the road cars, just tried one of the lmp cars and it was definitley not as bad so back to the settings for the next few hours.

Another thing is there doesn't seem to be a way of changing the steering settings on the fly, you have to quit and go back to the start and do it from the options menu.

Cheers for the update.

Do not set dead zones to maximum. A increasing a dead zone just increases the area around the sticks center position within which the stick will not respond. This should be done at the lowest possible level in order to remove unwanted input at rest position. I.E. If you are not touching the stick and the car steers seemingly by itself slightly to the left or right. If your car isn't pulling left or right when coasting in a straight line on a flat surface with no damage (not when on throttle because that can be caused by torque steer) then you don't need to increase the dead zone. With dead zone set to maximum the car is not going to respond until the stick reaches the outer edge of it's movement range and then it's going to apply 100% wheel lock in an instant. Your car would just veer left and right nearly uncontrollably. (depending on how much input smoothing the game applies)

It's almost impossible to play with a pad it's a joke even with Traction Control and ABS on the car is twitchy and incredibly easy to spin, I tried a Formula A car and I just kept spinning as it was so twitchy..

Steering deadzone = 18
steering sensitivty = 5
Throttle deadzone = 0
Brake deadzone = 14
Brake sensitivity = 15
Clutch deadzone = 0
Clutch sensitivity = 45
Speed sensitivity = 75
Force feedback = 90

I'm doing the Clio series with this and it's feeling great, thanks !

The twitchyness come down to 2 settings

Speed sensitivity and Control Filtering sensitivity - if you max both of these you'll find you can't even turn the car. Drop these 2 a bit at a time and keep testing until you find the sweet spot. Mine came out at 75 and 50, yours could be different depending on how you like it

Just to let you guys know "mode" is irrelevant, all it is are presets for the sliders. So setting mode 3 then changing them all is no different to setting mode 1 and changing from there

The twitchyness come down to 2 settings

Speed sensitivity and Control Filtering sensitivity - if you max both of these you'll find you can't even turn the car. Drop these 2 a bit at a time and keep testing until you find the sweet spot. Mine came out at 75 and 50, yours could be different depending on how you like it

Just to let you guys know "mode" is irrelevant, all it is are presets for the sliders. So setting mode 3 then changing them all is no different to setting mode 1 and changing from there
According to the devs there IS a difference, something behind the scenes, may not be that much though.

Ok guys, anyone still struggling with twitchyness try this:

Speed Sensitivity to 65
Control filtering to 50

Now here's the secret - go to your cars tuning setup and look for the setting "Steering Rack Ratio", set this all the way to the right (slow). This has removed all the twitch for me, it's a game saver!!!

Last edited:
Back