Steering wheels?

• Thread starter Szuper
  • 39 comments
I want G27 support for GT7. I love that wheel and since it is one of the most used and wel known wheel out there, it would be a total shame if they decide not to support this awesome machinery.

I want G27 support for GT7. I love that wheel and since it is one of the most used and wel known wheel out there, it would be a total shame if they decide not to support this awesome machinery.
I had one, did not like it (especially the pedals), changed it for a T500RS (which I REALLY like).

But you are right: all wheels should be supported. 👍

Logitech PR says they are getting out of console peripherals entirely by the end of this calendar year. It will be highly unlikely that GT7 will support the by then non-existent wheels.

Logitech PR says they are getting out of console peripherals entirely by the end of this calendar year. It will be highly unlikely that GT7 will support the by then non-existent wheels.

I think wheel production may continue as they are PC peripherals, but Logitech will not be producing Driver software which would enable their wheels to be used on next generation consoles.

No. It's a hell of a lot easier to reach the paddle with one of your hands than it is to realize your wheel is upside down mid turn. The latter is a much bigger problem than what you've mentioned.

Haven't you seen the paddles on the T500? They're enormous. There's no way you can't reach those paddles with your pinky finger.

F1 is irrelevant because their wheels don't turn 900 degrees. I think they only have 200 degrees of steering. It's below 360 I know that
It makes no difference to the point but for reference its ~450°, or 2.5pi radians in useless format

I think wheel production may continue as they are PC peripherals, but Logitech will not be producing Driver software which would enable their wheels to be used on next generation consoles.

How can the ps4 be out for a year an no one has their crap together as far as wheels are concerned?

Makes sense that Logitech gets out of making console peripherals, no one is playing those things these days anyway (sarcastic voice)!

A tiny glimmer of hope?:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...d=0&i=100&nmt=RE:+Project+Cars:+Preview&mid=0
HOWEVER - I think I've found a cheap answer. The "Titan One" USB dongle allows you to use any wheel with the PS4. It requires a DS4 to be connected (to get round the security chip thing) as well as a PC (for what reason I'm not overly sure, config I think), but with that done, the wheel will perform normally. A Force Feedback support upgrade is promised imminently. I'm going to give one a try as this could be something of a saviour giving Sony's head-in-the-sand stance.

I can't believe this isn't a bigger problem and there aren't more people complaining. I know there are better wheels and wheels that are compatible that will get the job done, but I like my wheel and don't feel like tossing the money I spent on it because Sony doesn't give a crap.

Interesting, Sony previewed an update

What's significant of this update though is the addition of a USB music player and by the images, maybe a USB Movie player too. Plenty of PS4 owners complained about this and it seems that Sony is starting to listen now. Maybe the whole security chip thing is just a facade.

Yet another glimmer of hope that maybe Logitech wheels will gain support? We'll have to wait and see

Hey guys

If i can not use my (G27) wheel on my PS4 then i will smash my PS4 toooooooo pieces with hammer and throw it in the RUBBISH BIN

SHAME

Latest Posts

Back