Stepping Up

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Having been racing GT7 on PS5 for about 12months now with the Logitech G29 set up, wheel and pedal. Im also on a cheap XR Racing frame and seat.
The frame and seat bit I'm not so fussed about for the time being, comfy enough but I am looking to upgrade my hardware proper.

I don't have money coming out my ears but have a decent bit on the side for an upgrade but am not sure where to go. Fanatec I see everywhere, even on the side of actual WEC spec cars; so what's the score.

I would like to change from the standard wheel shape to an F1 style (I love WEC and love the fact GT3 cars have that shaped wheel so something like that shaped). other than that, I just need an idea of what I'm doing in terms of a basic, Fanatec sim rig set up.

Is there any kind soul that would steer me in the right direction. and also, am I genuinely going to notice the difference from my G29?

Any help appreciated as always

Also - side question; are there any other decent WEC style sims on PS5? I cannot believe there isnt a WEC sim, that'd be amazing

If you're looking at a direct drive wheel for PS5 you've two options - Fanatec GT DD Pro or Logitech G Pro. I have the Fanatec with load cell brake, boost kit and the McLaren GT3 wheel. Something to be aware of with F1 style wheel is the smaller size, I've seen a lot of people say they get uncomfortable after a while. The McLaren rim is a bit bigger but still the type of wheel you want, I use it for both GT7 & ACC.
Currently the DD Pro bundle with boost kit and standard 2 pedal set is about £650 shipped but you'll have to pay 20% vat plus a handling fee before delivery. The Premium bundle with boost kit & load cell is £750 shipped +VAT. The McLaren wheel is about £150 + VAT.
Logitech G Pro with pedals is around £1300.
The GT DD Pro can also work on xbox with a compatible wheel such as the McLaren. The Logitech at present comes in either PS or XBOX variants, not for use on both.
I'd never used a wheel before so had nothing to compare it to but I love it.

Last edited:
If you're looking at a direct drive wheel for PS5 you've two options - Fanatec GT DD Pro or Logitech G Pro. I have the Fanatec with load cell brake, boost kit and the McLaren GT3 wheel. Something to be aware of with F1 style wheel is the smaller size, I've seen a lot of people say they get uncomfortable after a while. The McLaren rim is a bit bigger but still the type of wheel you want, I use it for both GT7 & ACC.
Currently the DD Pro bundle with boost kit and standard 2 pedal set is about £650 shipped but you'll have to pay 20% vat plus a handling fee before delivery. The Premium bundle with boost kit & load cell is £750 shipped +VAT. The McLaren wheel is about £150 + VAT.
Logitech G Pro with pedals is around £1300.
The GT DD Pro can also work on xbox with a compatible wheel such as the McLaren. The Logitech at present comes in either PS or XBOX variants, not for use on both.
I'd never used a wheel before so had nothing to compare it to but I love it.
This is awesome thanks, I hadn’t even considered the McLaren wheel and it’s not as pricey as I thought. What is your full set up if I can ask? G29 set up is my first wheel so this for me would be a substantial upgrade.

I've got the DD Pro, load cell and McLaren with QR1 currently mounted on a Playseat Challenge but I've just ordered a GT Omega Prime Lite rig.

I've got the DD Pro, load cell and McLaren with QR1 currently mounted on a Playseat Challenge but I've just ordered a GT Omega Prime Lite rig.
Cheers mate, this is genuinely helpful. Current DD Pro bundle and Mclaren wheel comes in at 1k GBP so that's superb and within budget. I'll stick with my old skool X-Racing rig, that's for another day. Really appreciate the advice.

Just need a decent Aston stick to go over the god awful Mclaren one :)

Just need a decent Aston stick to go over the god awful Mclaren one :)
Have a look here, there a 4 different Aston designs. This one is my favourite.

I am in the States and want to buy the logitech pro wheel and also the pro loadcell pedals at the same time. (Yes I know it’s expensive). Do I have to also get the G racing adapter for it all to work for playing GT7 on my PS5 ??

I am in the States and want to buy the logitech pro wheel and also the pro loadcell pedals at the same time. (Yes I know it’s expensive). Do I have to also get the G racing adapter for it all to work for playing GT7 on my PS5 ??
No, you don't need the adapter for that. The only reason you would need that adapter is if you want to use the (crappy) Logitech shifter.

Also, keep in mind that PD puts a cap of around 7nm torque on the G Pro and the Fanatec extreme... Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe PD put the cap on all wheels to the 7ish nm torque.

If you want more than the 7nm torque on that wheel, and want a different shifter or handbrake, I highly recommend that you look into getting a drivehub. Drivehub will allow you to use the Thrustmaster shifters and a few other brands. It will also allow you to go up to 11nm torque without having any clipping issues. I've been using it for a few months now and have not had any issues when I use my pc only version on the PS5 and the Xbox.

@Yes No
It didn't get nerfed, it got refined, readjusted.
You still get an incredible amount of Torque in GT7.
Don't have the tools here to exactly measure the output but I can assure you that it is definitely way way more then my old dd pro which maxed out at 8Nm.
The DD+ feels way stronger.
Is it 15nm?
No idea as I don't have the numbers but from my experience I would say it definitely CAN reach the 15NM of constant Torque if the in game slider is set to 10.
Compared to the DD Pro it still feels at least double as strong.
No idea about the peak Torque though but I think it can go even higher under extreme load.
Maybe 20nm if not more.
But it's not about numbers, it's the combination of Power AND fidelity which puts the Wheelbase very far above its competitors.

Thank you for your responses to my question. I currently have the Logitech G923 set, and have been extremely happy with the feel of the TrueForce on the wheel and the ability to scroll through different on screen info while driving. the pedals are /have been a nuisance. So I was gonna just buy the Logitech load cell pedals for $349, but then learned I needed a G racing adaptor for $39 ( they are and have been for the last month and a half.) temporarily out of stock in the US. So I called Logitech customer support and asked if I purchase there PS5 pro racing wheel + the Pro pedals do I need the adapter that is sold separate, and they said "YES"!! What?, so that is why I asked here if you actually do. I understand the PC version does not, but you can't play GT7 on a PC.

I know zip about all this torque stuff and will need to learn the lingo you all are talking about- more reading to do, haha

So crossing my fingers, gonna buy for my self early Birthday gift the wheel and pedals. I truly love the true force feedback I receive and don't believe others for Grand Turismo have that. If I am wrong let me know.

I also now Drive / Race with PSVR2, can't go back to flat screen. The Vr also has vibration like the controllers, completely immersive. Yes the viewing isn't 4K, sort of like when we had 720p or 480p on our Televisions. If you're old enough to remember that. :DIf you look at my first thread I posted on this forum, I was totally wrong about my opinion on VR. ;)

Best,
ticketbait
IMG_0236.JPG

@TicketBait I'd recommend that you look at this thread and post in there about your questions.

You might want to tag Logi_Rich since he's one of the devs for that wheel and will be able to tell you if you need it. I'm fairly certain you do not need it if you get the pro wheel and pro pedals. I use the PC version with a drivehub and a hori controller so I can play it on my PS5 and do not have the Logitech racing adapter.

Thank you for your responses to my question. I currently have the Logitech G923 set, and have been extremely happy with the feel of the TrueForce on the wheel and the ability to scroll through different on screen info while driving. the pedals are /have been a nuisance. So I was gonna just buy the Logitech load cell pedals for $349, but then learned I needed a G racing adaptor for $39 ( they are and have been for the last month and a half.) temporarily out of stock in the US. So I called Logitech customer support and asked if I purchase there PS5 pro racing wheel + the Pro pedals do I need the adapter that is sold separate, and they said "YES"!! What?, so that is why I asked here if you actually do. I understand the PC version does not, but you can't play GT7 on a PC.

I know zip about all this torque stuff and will need to learn the lingo you all are talking about- more reading to do, haha

So crossing my fingers, gonna buy for my self early Birthday gift the wheel and pedals. I truly love the true force feedback I receive and don't believe others for Grand Turismo have that. If I am wrong let me know.

I also now Drive / Race with PSVR2, can't go back to flat screen. The Vr also has vibration like the controllers, completely immersive. Yes the viewing isn't 4K, sort of like when we had 720p or 480p on our Televisions. If you're old enough to remember that. :DIf you look at my first thread I posted on this forum, I was totally wrong about my opinion on VR. ;)

Best,
ticketbait
View attachment 1344386
I have the PC/PS5 wheel and the load cell pedal set. You do NOT need the racing adapter.

Last edited:
Back