Stepping Up

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Having been racing GT7 on PS5 for about 12months now with the Logitech G29 set up, wheel and pedal. Im also on a cheap XR Racing frame and seat.
The frame and seat bit I'm not so fussed about for the time being, comfy enough but I am looking to upgrade my hardware proper.

I don't have money coming out my ears but have a decent bit on the side for an upgrade but am not sure where to go. Fanatec I see everywhere, even on the side of actual WEC spec cars; so what's the score.

I would like to change from the standard wheel shape to an F1 style (I love WEC and love the fact GT3 cars have that shaped wheel so something like that shaped). other than that, I just need an idea of what I'm doing in terms of a basic, Fanatec sim rig set up.

Is there any kind soul that would steer me in the right direction. and also, am I genuinely going to notice the difference from my G29?

Any help appreciated as always

Also - side question; are there any other decent WEC style sims on PS5? I cannot believe there isnt a WEC sim, that'd be amazing

If you're looking at a direct drive wheel for PS5 you've two options - Fanatec GT DD Pro or Logitech G Pro. I have the Fanatec with load cell brake, boost kit and the McLaren GT3 wheel. Something to be aware of with F1 style wheel is the smaller size, I've seen a lot of people say they get uncomfortable after a while. The McLaren rim is a bit bigger but still the type of wheel you want, I use it for both GT7 & ACC.
Currently the DD Pro bundle with boost kit and standard 2 pedal set is about £650 shipped but you'll have to pay 20% vat plus a handling fee before delivery. The Premium bundle with boost kit & load cell is £750 shipped +VAT. The McLaren wheel is about £150 + VAT.
Logitech G Pro with pedals is around £1300.
The GT DD Pro can also work on xbox with a compatible wheel such as the McLaren. The Logitech at present comes in either PS or XBOX variants, not for use on both.
I'd never used a wheel before so had nothing to compare it to but I love it.

Last edited:
If you're looking at a direct drive wheel for PS5 you've two options - Fanatec GT DD Pro or Logitech G Pro. I have the Fanatec with load cell brake, boost kit and the McLaren GT3 wheel. Something to be aware of with F1 style wheel is the smaller size, I've seen a lot of people say they get uncomfortable after a while. The McLaren rim is a bit bigger but still the type of wheel you want, I use it for both GT7 & ACC.
Currently the DD Pro bundle with boost kit and standard 2 pedal set is about £650 shipped but you'll have to pay 20% vat plus a handling fee before delivery. The Premium bundle with boost kit & load cell is £750 shipped +VAT. The McLaren wheel is about £150 + VAT.
Logitech G Pro with pedals is around £1300.
The GT DD Pro can also work on xbox with a compatible wheel such as the McLaren. The Logitech at present comes in either PS or XBOX variants, not for use on both.
I'd never used a wheel before so had nothing to compare it to but I love it.
This is awesome thanks, I hadn’t even considered the McLaren wheel and it’s not as pricey as I thought. What is your full set up if I can ask? G29 set up is my first wheel so this for me would be a substantial upgrade.

I've got the DD Pro, load cell and McLaren with QR1 currently mounted on a Playseat Challenge but I've just ordered a GT Omega Prime Lite rig.

I've got the DD Pro, load cell and McLaren with QR1 currently mounted on a Playseat Challenge but I've just ordered a GT Omega Prime Lite rig.
Cheers mate, this is genuinely helpful. Current DD Pro bundle and Mclaren wheel comes in at 1k GBP so that's superb and within budget. I'll stick with my old skool X-Racing rig, that's for another day. Really appreciate the advice.

Just need a decent Aston stick to go over the god awful Mclaren one :)

Just need a decent Aston stick to go over the god awful Mclaren one :)
Have a look here, there a 4 different Aston designs. This one is my favourite.

Back