Still mad about the 4 door Charger? Here's your answer. (video added)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Carl.
  • 95 comments
  • 5,186 views
I've thought more about this over the day, and the only way this car will ever "suceed" is if it has a price point close to the Stang. If, like the Charger, its $30,000 for a base model, the only people that will buy it are people suffering from a mid-life crisis and want to remember their youth.

I'm afraid that Dodge will "come close" on this one. Just like they did with the Charger, and the Magnum.

The 300c is a different class. It doesn't try to be a sports car. Its more like a Bull.
 
I think dodge needs to stop with the Retro..

I really don't even mind if they use the Charger name..

I think it's established that Dodge, if they reuse a name..it's not going to be ANYTHING like it's older brother...

So just keep the name, and make a 2 door sports car....

Maybe even use the Chrysler Firepower concept as a base to grow off with..

Viper platform with a 6.1L

there will be a deffinate market for it..

People will get a car with great HP, and a great base platform for racing...but it won't cost..95,000 like a Viper...

It would be more in the BMW/Nice Audi pricerange...

and I think it would make them some $$$
 
Especially if they are gonna roll out **** like the Nitro and Caliber. WTF is that ****?
 
Damn, I find that hot....
 
Oh, now that’s just awesome – take a great, timeless design, and put modern technology in it. Make it! make it!
 
Driftster
I think dodge needs to stop with the Retro..

I really don't even mind if they use the Charger name..

I think it's established that Dodge, if they reuse a name..it's not going to be ANYTHING like it's older brother...

So just keep the name, and make a 2 door sports car....

Maybe even use the Chrysler Firepower concept as a base to grow off with..

Viper platform with a 6.1L

there will be a deffinate market for it..

People will get a car with great HP, and a great base platform for racing...but it won't cost..95,000 like a Viper...

It would be more in the BMW/Nice Audi pricerange...

and I think it would make them some $$$


Except for the BMW AUDI price range (but you probably meant 3-series and A4, not their sports series), I think you're right... a Charger with a Viper/Firepower body (and honestly, who'd buy a car named "Firepower!" anyway?) and a Hemi priced, oh, maybe around 30k. Now we're talking.

No more bull**** retro. It's not going to look anything like the original, and if it does, some people aren't going to like it. I actually liked the Magnum/Charger... if only they didn't reuse the name of the coupe for a sedan!
 
Another crappy design from the Chysler Corp., what a surprise :rolleyes:! Dodge really needs to quit thinking that a.) Everything should look like a Ram and b.) That retro was "played out" after the PT Cruiser, Chevy SSr, and Mustang. Now everyone just need to let it die.
 
Who bets GM will give us a retro Camaro... a few years later :p

Personnally, I'll take well-done retro design over a thing that looks like a crushed Ram (Magnum), or that fugly thing called Crossfire. Most people seems to like the new Mustang, I don't get what is so much worse in this one. It actually looks better to me in the rear picture. Given the numbers of Mustangs I see on the road, why would DC pass on that one?
 
GM is going to design a retro Camaro and it's going to look like crap, there are rumors it will be at the NAIAS in 06.
 
Yeah, thank god!

I was affriad the US of A might be pumping out cars that look good with under a 50,000 dollar price tag..

Thank the lord that aint true.
 
I actually really really like it

Now it just needs to be in the proper price range to rival the mustang like someone said above and it would be almost perfect

think there will be that huge spoiler option? :)
 
High-Test
I like it. A lot. 👍👍

:drool:
Yup.

DC's German bosses seem to be doing a better job than the American ones ever did.
 
skip0110
Yup.

DC's German bosses seem to be doing a better job than the American ones ever did.


DC's german bosses...have done the following..

"let's build 1 engine, and put it in EVERYTHING WE SELL"
 
Driftster
DC's german bosses...have done the following..

"let's build 1 engine, and put it in EVERYTHING WE SELL"
What's wrong with that? It's a good engine, and every manyfacturer does it.

How many FoMoCo vehicles have a modular motor (4.6/5.4)?
How many GM vehicles have a LS-series smallblock?
How many Chrysler vehicles had the 2.2 four when the company was still American? And the 360/318 before that?
How many Honda products have some variation of their one basic four-cylinder design?
 
skip0110
1. How many FoMoCo vehicles have a modular motor (4.6/5.4)?
2. How many GM vehicles have a LS-series smallblock?
3. How many Chrysler vehicles had the 2.2 four when the company was still American? And the 360/318 before that?
4. How many Honda products have some variation of their one basic four-cylinder design?

1. Not enough.
2. Too many.
3. Too many.
4. Too many.

The bigger question is, why don't they at least supercharge the 6.1l? That would mean mega power and people to look to that car for real american oldschool muscle car feel. A 500bhp+ RWD muscle car with backseats would rock...and this would be the only DC product I'd like. EVERY DC design looks like ass. The 300C is the best looking current DC product...and that's sad. GM and Ford are passing DC quickly...DC needs to use A HELL OF ALOT MORE German influence and technology to compete--and or surpass GM or Ford. Infact, they should take the current C class or SLK Merc and transplant a V8 in it (or in the SLK keep the current motor) and sell it as a Chrysler. I'd be interested in it as well as alot of Americans looking for a more quality feel. (yes Merc's quality has been less than stellar lately but it FAR exceeds that of DC in everyway)

This Chalenger would be a good start for DC to get more interest in thier cars--but they can't **** it up or they'll be too far behind GM and Ford to try and catch up. Just my opinion...
 
if they made it longer and lower the shape of the front and made the lights bigger looks short and fat at the mo
 
How many Honda products have some variation of their one basic four-cylinder design?

none. the displacement, head design, cam design and other more minor changes over the years have made each engine different. while it is true you can swap most parts over the different engines of the same series, a D15B1 is nothing like a D17A2. just like a D16A8 is nothing like a B16A2 and an H22A isnt a K24A and a C32 is not an F22B and a D16Y8 is not an F20C.

i could go on and on with this...
 
Der Alta
Now that is a car that could seriously challenge the Mustang in the two door market.

I can only hope that it comes to market similar to what it is now.

Agreed... As far as retro muscle car designs go, this one is spot on... I love it... Very mean...





;)
 
This retro looks good to me 👍
 
skip0110
What's wrong with that? It's a good engine, and every manyfacturer does it.

How many FoMoCo vehicles have a modular motor (4.6/5.4)?
Not enough
How many GM vehicles have a LS-series smallblock?
The performance oriented CARS, and of those there are 4 varients
5 if you don't consider the SSR's motor a true LS2
How many Chrysler vehicles had the 2.2 four when the company was still American? And the 360/318 before that?
How many Chrysler SUV's had the same engine as the truck, which had the same engine as the coupe, which had the same engine as the sedan....All from different models
How many Honda products have some variation of their one basic four-cylinder design?
You're right, they all have variable valve timing...Same engine...
 
retro can be good but it doesnt really contribute to advancement of design. like the movie war of thre worlds. ive seen the classic version years before so after getting over the special effects of the new one, not really a big deal. its like a remake of an old song. its nice but its been done already. besides what will the next mustang or challenger look like? an 80s retro version?
 
You're right, they all have variable valve timing...Same engine...

i think that was a sarcastic joke but just to clear it up, they are not the same. and not all have vtec.
 
As long as it's priced properly, this could be a really good car. I like it! It's what the Charger should have been.
 
Jesus lay off the retro please. GM does it, Ford does it, and now Dodge it doing it? What the hell give it up. But on the bright side at least it doesn't look like a friggen truck.
 
Retro is pretty damn passe, at least its not as bad as the PT Cruiser.
 
Retro or not, I like the looks of it. The dash is a little simplistic, though ( I know, resembles the original E-body dash).
 
That car is SO lame. I'd rather they just made a coupe version of the damn Charger.

Everything about that car just screams "we ran out of creativity".
 
Looks pretty good but very very plain both inside and out.
 
Back