Still Worth Buying AC?PC 

TenEightyOne
TenEightyOne
I'm looking around for a good sim racer for PC. I used up the credits accrued in my unused-for-four-years iRacing account to play for a month... I'd forgotten how little I liked it last time around.

Assetto Corsa looks great and still seems to have a thriving mod community. Is it worth buying? Should I buy it on Steam or some other way?

Is there a decent multiplayer community that doesn't mind racing old, slow lads like me? :)

I'm looking around for a good sim racer for PC. I used up the credits accrued in my unused-for-four-years iRacing account to play for a month... I'd forgotten how little I liked it last time around.

Assetto Corsa looks great and still seems to have a thriving mod community. Is it worth buying? Should I buy it on Steam or some other way?

Is there a decent multiplayer community that doesn't mind racing old, slow lads like me? :)
undoubtably!!! It´s a Classic! Amust have!!! There is AC and there are the others! :)

Acc is the successor of ac. Released last year.

Get the assetto corsa ultimate Edition from steam.

So you have all dlc.
After you have bought the game i recommend to install csp and content manager

Here is a tutorial

AC is amazing. And that's just the PS4 version that I have. :(

I recently bought GTSport & PCars2 'cause thy were cheap. GTSport is the same old, same old - great graphics, so-so physics/FFB, terrible AI. PCars2 I just don't get. The physics seem to be deep, but very, very odd & take a lot of "learning". In comparison, the physics & FFB in AC are superb & intuitive. Additionally, the AI is really good which means even offline is demanding & fun. Oh ... & the sound. :D

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread but it's relevant here as well:

"So I reinstalled AC for fun and man, I really missed this game. I remember the first time I drove the Lotus SC when I got my first gaming PC in 2013 and having a smile on my face the whole night. It's still the same even today. The cars seem so alive! Simple tuning with few adjustments on the street cars, options of track tires or street tires, vintage tires on older cars etc. It's not perfect by any stretch but I feel more of a connection to the road with AC than any other sim I've played. It runs great on the PC and is easy to do triples on max settings as well, with current moderate hardware. Having RSR Live Timing available and able to compare your laptimes to some very fast drivers is great as well."

Intuitive is the right word as Biggles said above. When something is happening with the car, assuming you have a wheel, you know what you did wrong or right. That's not always the case in Gran Turismo, PCars, iRacing etc. It's not perfect. Hard to keep the tires hot in many cars for eg. but for me, it's the game that gives the best pure joy of driving feeling of any I've tried so far. With all the free mod cars/tracks/apps there is endless content and the online community is still very active. I especially enjoy the smaller club/local/obscure tracks like Magione, Vallelunga, Tsukuba, Grobnik, Barbagallo, Goodwood etc. Most are mods but Magione and Vallelunga are included in the base game. I haven't raced the AI much but from what I remember they were very challenging.

I posted this in another thread but it's relevant here as well:

"So I reinstalled AC for fun and man, I really missed this game. I remember the first time I drove the Lotus SC when I got my first gaming PC in 2013 and having a smile on my face the whole night. It's still the same even today. The cars seem so alive! Simple tuning with few adjustments on the street cars, options of track tires or street tires, vintage tires on older cars etc. It's not perfect by any stretch but I feel more of a connection to the road with AC than any other sim I've played. It runs great on the PC and is easy to do triples on max settings as well, with current moderate hardware. Having RSR Live Timing available and able to compare your laptimes to some very fast drivers is great as well."

Intuitive is the right word as Biggles said above. When something is happening with the car, assuming you have a wheel, you know what you did wrong or right. That's not always the case in Gran Turismo, PCars, iRacing etc. It's not perfect. Hard to keep the tires hot in many cars for eg. but for me, it's the game that gives the best pure joy of driving feeling of any I've tried so far. With all the free mod cars/tracks/apps there is endless content and the online community is still very active. I especially enjoy the smaller club/local/obscure tracks like Magione, Vallelunga, Tsukuba, Grobnik, Barbagallo, Goodwood etc. Most are mods but Magione and Vallelunga are included in the base game. I haven't raced the AI much but from what I remember they were very challenging.

I have been seriously considering getting a gaming PC just for the possibility to continue to play AC & its various mods. ACC (which currently isn't playable at all with my T500) isn't really my thing, although I will play it (when it becomes possible). I really would have preferred that Kunos continued to expand AC over time, more in line with the way iRacing works.

I just bought the PC version during steam summer sale. The amount of CART and IndyCar content is actually awesome. Just need to figure out how how to install the tracks and cars? Assuming just drop the files into the cars or tracks folder?

I just bought the PC version during steam summer sale. The amount of CART and IndyCar content is actually awesome. Just need to figure out how how to install the tracks and cars? Assuming just drop the files into the cars or tracks folder?
Yes. Unzip and drop the files into the right folders and that's it. Very simple.

Assuming you use CM (Content Manager) already? Then just use drag and drop. It installs every file automatically into the right place.

Back