STL Ram's Fan Diary (Last Week) -Lions @ Rams-

Bones Brigade
just because you're team isnt in it doesnt mean you have to skip the game.
Ah, I see where your comment came from now. My not watching the game comment was meant as bad joke. I mean, I have to watch the game. I can't go to the party, eat the free food, and drink the free beer if I don't watch the game. :cheers:

I'll probably just cheer on my fellow Kentucky native, Alexander, and probably hope that the Seahwaks win so it will look all the better when the Rams stomp them next year. :D

2. Bengals, Colts, Broncos>Seahawks

Oh comeon! The Bengals were better than the Steelers too. And the Colts? The Colts weren't even able to beat San Diego - who lost to Miami, who also coincidently beat the Broncos.

Looks like you forgot the officials. While the poor officiating probably would not have changed the outcome of the game it definitely affected the score and my ability to enjoy the game. :grumpy:

But in reality Seattle had some of the worst clock strategy I have ever seen. Makes me wonder how they even got into the playoffs.

JFM92_GTRacer
Yeah true^ But i never expected that. Especially in the Super Bowl.
Because I had been out of town and got in just in time to catch the National Anthem I didn't get to any parties so I spent the entire night laying on the sofa. The only plays that made me think about sitting up were called back so I barely budged.

I get more animated watching the Packers play. This was definitely one of the most boring Super Bowls in history and the officiating ensured it never got exciting.

Holmgren really got out-coached. Perhaps Paul Allen should have accepted his resignation a year ago. For second-place I will give Mike Holmgren a stopwatch.

Let me sum up Seattle's game:
run
drop
drop
field goal
drop
run
drop
catch-called back for flag
drop
drop
penalty
run
drop
penalty
penalty
actualy manage a TD
drop
look at the pretty clock as your hopes tick away with the numbers
drop
get on the bus and go home.

The refs sucked in the super bowl... i wish we could have the good ol' days, when the 49'rs pwn and were invincible. *sigh* o well mabe next year.

how do you suppuse the steelers would have scored more points if the game was called correctly?

anyway. the 2 minutes drills they failed to get together are baffling. they were the best team in the league under 2 minutes. they had scoring drives in each of the first 8 games after the two minutes warnign of either half. that includes in jacksonville and washington and against dallas and atlanta. so thats not really a stat you can blame on ease of schedule.

other than that, the seahawks didnt play a terrible game. they played as well as the steelers did. other than the randle el pass, the mcdonaldsberger scramble and pass to hines ward, and the parker td run, the steelers did nothing. at all. the parker run was a collapse of the d-line for us. the two passes most likely would have been batted down if we hadnt had 2 third string players in the secondary. both passes beat Pruitt. dont know who he is? i didnt either. hes barely played in any games this year.

stevens was, i think, the only player to drop a catch. he dropped 3.

you cant deny how well the seahawks stopped the steelers in the first half, and even in a lot of the second. the steelers played bad. and the seahawks played bad. unfortunately, they played just a tad worse on defense.

had both teams played their A games, and had the game been officiated properly, it would have been a different outcome.

Bones Brigade
other than that, the seahawks didnt play a terrible game. they played as well as the steelers did. other than the randle el pass, the mcdonaldsberger scramble and pass to hines ward, and the parker td run, the steelers did nothing. at all. the parker run was a collapse of the d-line for us.
You seem to be forgetting that the O-line is part of the team. The Steelers O-Line set up that run with blocks executed to perfection. You can congratulate the Steelers O-Line or blame the Seattle D-Line, but either way Pittsburgh totally outplayed Seattle on that play.

Seattle may have done the same on some plays, but never managed to capatalise on it. Unlike the Steelers.

Bones Brigade
the two passes most likely would have been batted down if we hadnt had 2 third string players in the secondary. both passes beat Pruitt. dont know who he is? i didnt either. hes barely played in any games this year.
And Roethlisberger analysed that perfectly and tried to get one on one matchups between his receivers and this Pruitt guy. You have to give credit to Big Ben on that run out of the pocket that set up the across field pass.

Bones Brigade
stevens was, i think, the only player to drop a catch. he dropped 3.
Nope, Seattle dropped 5 passes in total.

Bones Brigade
had both teams played their A games, and had the game been officiated properly, it would have been a different outcome.
A different scoreline, but the same outcome.

Bones Brigade
how do you suppuse the steelers would have scored more points if the game was called correctly?
You are assuming that if the game had been officiated well the game would have been played exactly the same, just good calls, but fact of the matter is that if either teh Steelers hadn't been given the touchdown and/or Seattle hadn't had the touchdown taken away because of a "push" the games would have been played completely different from then on. Big, game-changing calls of that nature will create a whole new chain reaction of plays from both teams.

The only thing you can assume is that the same quality of play will continue on. From where I sit Holmgren was outcoached and I agree that Pittsburgh would have still won, but the score would have been closer.

Both teams were playing bad, but the Steelers were playing slightly better and that slight is all they need to win.

With the re-signing of Shaun Alexander, and the sad state of the Rams, do you just want to give us the division title for next year now and get it over with? :)

kylehnat
With the re-signing of Shaun Alexander, and the sad state of the Rams, do you just want to give us the division title for next year now and get it over with? :)
With the re-signing of Shaun Alexander having the largest running back contract in history and the current state of the salary cap do you want to just give up any future growth and hand us the next 6-10 division titles?

I mean, how much of Alexander's contracts are siging bonuses? Bonuses are typically pushed off to be counted on the caps for later years, which is why a number of teams are looking at dropping veterans that could have possibly had a few more good years. Instead of learning what half the league is going through Seattle just followed everyone's mistakes. God forbid Seattle have another amazing year or two with Alexander leading the way and he wants to renegotiate. Or if they get a couple of other superstars on their team then their salary cap will really suffer and you will be a one or two man team. You had better pray you don't get any injuries.

On top of all that, the Rams are under a new coaching staff. You have no clue what we will do to you all next year. We could have a big year or one of those painful adjustment years. When a team makes a major change like that you can no longer claim that they are in a sad state, because you don't know.

As for Bruce leaving; if the cap gets renegotiated then he might be able to be re-signed. It is a wait and see issue. We have plenty of guys to adequately fill his spot though. We still have Holt, right?

VET BACK!! But couple doubtfuls. Such as K Curt and Adam Archuleta. We need them i dunno but Linehan gotta think of something. But that's my news so far. Ike is back.

JFM92_GTRacer
VET BACK!! But couple doubtfuls. Such as K Curt and Adam Archuleta. We need them i dunno but Linehan gotta think of something. But that's my news so far. Ike is back.
Like I said, it is an issue of renegotiating the cap.

I am holding all judgements on decisions until I see them play this fall.

Ok, here's the deal so far:

Adam Archuleta was released and signed to the Skins'
La'Roi Glover and Corey Chavous one of the few added to help the D
Kevin Curtis and Shaun McDonald are free agents and we kept Dane Looker :lol:

Draft day! Whee! SO we had the 11th pick, HAD the 11th pick :mad: but we traded it to the Broncos. Still have no clue why though. I thought we would get Jay Cutler but guess not. Instead we went to our defense and got Tye Hill from Clemson. :lol: YES! Good job Linehan. Nice pick. ;)

Is it sad if I am thinking about going to a AFL-2 game just to get my football fix in?

Thanks for the update. I didn't get to watch the draft and haven't looked up the results yet, so I all I knew was that Reggie Bush went to NO.

So, does this mean we will have a defense? What about the O-line? All I ask is that Bulger be given the time to throw the ball instead of getting beat up all the time.

JFM92_GTRacer
Bad news...

M. Faulk is out for season and possibly....:( Career.

Good news...

My dad got tickets to a Rams vs. Niners game this season.
Yeah, I almost wore my jersey to work, but uniforms are against the dress code.

Faulk and Linehan are both saying he isn't giving up yet. Who knows, he could come back next year and be great, but I'm not holding out hope. I just hope that if he has any doubts about his ability to put everything into it that he steps aside and doesn't hold up the salary cap. Everyone has been giving him the respect he deserves as one of the best and if his knees just won't let him do it anymore after this surgery he needs to retire.

JFM92_GTRacer
^That sounds great. I just got a S. Jackson authentic jersey and tickets to the Niner vs. Rams game this season :)
Hmmm, a S. Jackson jersey. Sounds like something I need to talk my wife into for Christmas.

Back