Stock A-Spec Seasonal #47 - (500PP, 600PP, 700PP RC - 11/17 to 12/15)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 51 comments
@lfm58

:D

image.jpeg

The Miura is fast but the open differential and inside tire peel out is problematic sometimes. The Countach took a lot of tries. It's got a great second gear. But the car understeers a bit making it a bit slow.

I've been trying the Shelby Series One at 486 PP but it's proving to be rather difficult.

A terminator coming from Ohio!:bowdown:
No need to boost his ego. It's plenty big enough already.;)

Impressive scores and nice car selection.

But I have to agree, of course.

@coryclifford The 288 GTO was going to be my next choice. I'm guessing it was fairly easy. It's a very nice drive.
I'm surprised the GSX-R/4 was so fast. I didn't think it would have the straight-line speed for this circuit.
I had a quick go with the Shelby. That's going to be tough. For an FR win the Ferrari Daytona is a much better bet.

600PP at Nurburgring GP/F:
493PP
- 11:51.782 - Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00 - SH - MR - 353hp - 1300kg - Enzo '02 - 11:51.917

One of my favourite cars in terms of handling, but the gears aren't ideal for this track. The gear I wanted always seemed to be somewhere between the ones available. Got lucky with the opposition this time but they still didn't make it easy.

GTO is nice. Suzuki is fast. Corners better I guess. Brake late. I dunno. Just reran it. :34. Yep fast.

Ferrari Dayton is meh. Sounds alright.

image.jpeg

Shelby was a legit pain. Like, for real, pain. I can't imagine any lower PP being successful. And you gotta get lucky.

image.jpeg

Good stuff. Luck definitely plays a part once you get down below 500PP. I've had another few goes in the Ferrari. I think my best time was 11:44 and the Enzo did 11:37. :banghead:

@StirlingMoose

Literally, drove for hours yesterday and all day today to win. Pure luck.

image.jpeg

I agree about the gearing so I usually left it in the harder one. I got really comfortable in the car, and I agree it's a quite nice handling ride. You can put it right on its edge but still feel in control. Nice.

Last edited:
@coryclifford
Looks like you did get very comfortable with it. Very fast time compared to mine, but I must have been really lucky as it only took me two tries. I've spent the last three sessions (about an hour each) trying the AC Cobra 427. Good acceleration but very slippery! I've managed total times in the high 11:40s but no win yet.

I'll give the Cobra a try. 👍

Comfortable. Yes, indeed. As I became much more in the Street KTM. I've been running the wheels off the thing because it's practically PERFECT.

Seven seconds faster than my other posted time. You can push the car so hard, and it still sticks, it's amazing. Totally awesome ride. Looks cool in yellow, too. :D

image.jpeg

That made me laugh pretty good.
I drink crap Natural Ice beer because it's a bad habit and I shouldn't spend money on it. I need to get a job, as it's been two years now.

:cheers:

Another session in the Cobra and still no win. The gods have not been with me. In the Lotus it took two tries, and I must have run the Cobra 15-20 times, with times as good and better, with no sniff of a win. The last straw was having a really solid race and losing by 17s.
So I switched to the x-bow for some light relief. Talk about chalk and cheese. The grip is phenomenal. It's a bit slower than the Cobra but the braking distances are literally half. It took some getting used to, but I can see the appeal.

Right on. I forgot about the Cobra today. Sorry. I'll get in on that tonight. I ran more laps in the KTM earlier for a bit, though, and yeah, it's like it's just, unfair.

Try the Suzuki now.

500PP at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit:
357PP
- 1:00.551 - 05:31.697 - Peugeot 106 S16 '03 - CS - FF - 118cv - 960kg - Callaway C12 '03 - 5:31.809

Very good car in spite of the low 357PP, even faster than the 206 S16 '99 sister ranked 369pp.
Actually, in other races, I have driven laps around 59.5xx but facing too strong competitors for winning.

Ciao

Last edited:
Time's up. A quick tally reveals that between us we won in 13 different cars for the intermediate and 35 for the beginner. Well done chaps.
I got a bit addicted to the Cobra and ran quite a few more races in it without winning once. On my last try I did 11:49 and got beaten by 23s by the TVR! Never did get round to trying the Suzuki but I did give a couple of other lightweights a go - Caterham Fireblade, hopelessly slow, and the Rocket, very fast, would have won easily but I optimistically went up against the Huayra and came a close second.

I don't know about pooper. It's not an easy drive but I found it a really enjoyable challenge trying to get the best out of it. I wouldn't have spent so much time with it if I'd hated it. In fact I've grown so attached to it that I used it first up in the new races.
And what's with the gearing on the Fireblade? It's got 6 and I've no idea what 4, 5 and 6 are like because I never got past 3rd, on a GP circuit. Shame that the only Caterham we get is the silly motorbike version.

Chaps to you guys.

New driving experience for me but really interesting.
My Learning curve on GT6 garage is better now expecially about 350-400pp models.
Your excellent driving skill pushing me to understand these low powered cars and pushed them as an hell.

During the last day some familiar issues got my attention rather than virtual driving but I'm ready for the round on the new seasonals now, and you?

Ciao

Back