Stock Cars with the Most Understeer

• Thread starter JBF77
  • 49 comments
United Kingdom
London
So I've done this with the most oversteer prone cars, but I have recently found that understeer has been a big problem in online racing (I usually race in stock car lobbies). So what I want to know is what stock cars have the most amount of understeer. I guess most of the FF cars would have at least some! :lol:

The Alfa Romeo 147 GTA is certainly the one with the most understeer I've experienced in the game but I don't drive FF that often.

Thanks to @McClarenDesign 's Car Of The Week meetings, it's almost unanimous between the regulars that both the Mitsubishi Eclipse and Vauxhaul Vectra are two of the worst handling, under steering cars in stock form in all the cars we've tested.

Two other cars I would regard as shocking, experience being from spec races online, are the Mercedes SLS GT3 and Lexus IS-F Concept GT cars. If you want to count it, you could also throw the Tank Car in to the list.

The Enzo to me is one of the worst. I tried to fix it, but nothing would work. Cruising it's awesome, but once put the hammer down you see its problems. Such a good car has been ruined. I would rather have it oversteer constantly.

The Enzo to me is one of the worst. I tried to fix it, but nothing would work. Cruising it's awesome, but once put the hammer down you see its problems. Such a good car has been ruined. I would rather have it oversteer constantly.

Did you try to put front sports medium rear sports hard tires?
Or even front sports soft rear sports hard tires.

Tommykaira ZZII'00 and Jaguar XKR-S'11 has a lot of understeer.

Last edited:
Thanks to @McClarenDesign 's Car Of The Week meetings, it's almost unanimous between the regulars that both the Mitsubishi Eclipse and Vauxhaul Vectra are two of the worst handling, under steering cars in stock form in all the cars we've tested.

Two other cars I would regard as shocking, experience being from spec races online, are the Mercedes SLS GT3 and Lexus IS-F Concept GT cars. If you want to count it, you could also throw the Tank Car in to the list.

So far. I bet there's a few we have yet to find...

Ferrari 599. That car relies too much on downforce, that at low speed corners, it just plows on towards the grass/sand/wall/tires/what-have-you. You would think that, since it's a Ferrari, it has pretty good handling, but nooooooo, no this one. I can't figure out which is worse when it comes to handling; the 599 or the Enzo.

Enzo got a little better than it was in GT5. Based on that, i choose the Ferrari 599. Even if you put all the security settings to the maximum, this car suffers understeer.

I don't get why the Cerbera Speed 12 understeers at all. Its so lightweight and RWD.
Definitely agree - the TVR drives completely differently than it should! One of the worst stock cars in the game - tons of understeer followed by snap oversteer! It almost feels as if PD have got the Speed 12 all wrong! :lol:

Did you try to put front sports medium rear sports hard tires?
Or even front sports soft rear sports hard tires.

Tommykaira ZZII'00 and Jaguar XKR-S'11 has a lot of understeer.
Though, the XKR-S can be tuned to a great track car. Just give it some more power, make it lighter and fiddle with the suspension and differential.

Jaguar XKR-S'11 has a lot of understeer.
As a matter of fact, I was doing a stock XKR-S one make online race earlier this morning around Mid-Field, definitely a lot of understeer there - I couldn't get it turned in at the long left hander after the tunnel! :lol:

Definitely agree - the TVR drives completely differently than it should! One of the worst stock cars in the game - tons of understeer followed by snap oversteer! It almost feels as if PD have got the Speed 12 all wrong! :lol:

Didn't they test this car on Top Gear? I seem to recall it being completely undriveable and life threatening.

standard 4wd cars seem to have a lot of understeer such as the audi quattro and the toyota celica gt-four rc st185 '91

Ferrari 599. That car relies too much on downforce, that at low speed corners, it just plows on towards the grass/sand/wall/tires/what-have-you. You would think that, since it's a Ferrari, it has pretty good handling, but nooooooo, no this one. I can't figure out which is worse when it comes to handling; the 599 or the Enzo.
The 599 has down force now? What update did that come in?

The 599 has down force now? What update did that come in?

The downforce the 599 has acts similar to a flat floor. The game doesn't show it in the Settings, but you can definitely feel the change in handling as you get up to speed. The car's grip isn't really that all bad at mid- to high-speed corners; the turn-in is nice and it can hold sweepers. But take the car on low-speed corners and it's just dreadful. Don't believe me? Throw the car around Grand Valley Speedway and you'll see what I mean.

The downforce the 599 has acts similar to a flat floor. The game doesn't show it in the Settings, but you can definitely feel the change in handling as you get up to speed. The car's grip isn't really that all bad at mid- to high-speed corners; the turn-in is nice and it can hold sweepers. But take the car on low-speed corners and it's just dreadful. Don't believe me? Throw the car around Grand Valley Speedway and you'll see what I mean.
I've driven the 599 plenty, and no, I don't believe you.
It's just a bad handling car, compared to it's rivals. High-speed corners are easier to take with it, because it's deceivingly slow. In real life, from what I've read, it's significantly better. :odd:

I've driven the 599 plenty, and no, I don't believe you.

I don't know about you, but it certainly feels that way for me. I mean, if not for downforce, how else does a car handle better when it gets up to speed?

It's just a bad handling car, compared to it's rivals. High-speed corners are easier to take with it, because it's deceivingly slow.

It handles like poo, yes. With regards to your complaint about its speed, maybe because it doesn't have that much torque even with 611hp. But it's not that slow, the car is still considerably fast and the gear ratios aren't that bad. You never really run out of acceleration even at 6th gear.

In real life, from what I've read, it's significantly better. :odd:

Same. And I also have a gut feeling that, I know for sure the 599 is much better than this. PD just has a knack at making Ferraris crap in this game. Weird.

Last edited:
Back