Stock Seasonal Time Trial #66 (Lotus 97T, 550PP Rally – 6/15 to 8/10)

• Thread starter Hastatus
  • 6 comments
Canada
Canada
This is a thread series for the seasonal time trials that focuses on completing the challenges (i.e. beating the gold target times) with stock versions of the cars. This means that instead of maximizing your PP with upgrades and focusing on getting the fastest laps on the in-game leaderboard, you are attempting to complete the challenges with the bare minimum amount of 'car' and money-spent as is possible.

With the new more open ended format means that part of the challenge will be finding a stock car that has the lowest PP or lowest price depending on your view. It is also difficult to predict which types of tires a car will come with before purchasing.

Warning: Some of these challenges are getting to be extreme and should be approached with caution! :banghead:

In order to participate your car must be stock.

1) A stock car is essentially any car as it is when purchased from the dealership or won as a prize: it will have had no modifications, added parts, or adjustments done that affect how the car performs.
2) No oil changes are permitted: if you have had an oil change you must wait until the effects of the HP boost have been removed by driving over 300 km.
3) You must use the original tire type that came with the car, unless dirt or snow tires are required.
4) No changes to any “Car Settings” are permitted: they must ALL be left at their default values. [Note: cars that come with Fully Customizable Suspension that were purchased or won prior to patch 1.11 must have the suspension settings restored to default in order to be updated with the new stock suspension settings.]
5) No SRF or ASM is permitted: other “Driver Assists” are permitted.

Basically, the ONLY changes you may make to a car include: painting the car and changing a car’s racing number. Any other changes means your car is not stock.

Stock Seasonal Time Trials #66:

Lotus 97T Super Lap: target 1:56.000 - Spa - 898PP - RH - repeat

Rally Car Super Lap: target 4:05.000 - Eiger Nordwand K Trail - 550PP - DT* - repeat

*You are permitted to use Dirt Tires instead of the stock tires in this instance. ;)

Lowest PP cars from last time:

898PP Lotus 97T at Spa:
898PP - 1:52.880 - Lotus 97T '85 - RH - MR - 999hp - 540kg - MadMax

550PP Rally Car at Eiger Nordwand K Trail:
417PP - 4:04.747 - Mitsubishi PAJERO Rally Raid Car '85 - D - 4WD - 225hp - 1202kg - MadMax

My results so far with a wheel and an automatic transmission:

898PP Lotus 97T at Spa:
898PP
- 1:55.678 - Lotus 97T '85 - RH - MR - 999hp - 540kg

I beat my old time...but came nowhere close to MadMax with my lazy automatic transmission. :P

417PP - 4:23.147 - Mitsubishi PAJERO Rally Raid Car '85 - D - 4WD - 225hp - 1202kg
479PP - 4:04.859 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car '99 - D - 4WD - 300hp - 1230kg

The PAJERO is not for me, so I went with the easy Lancer.

This new forum style/layout is going to take some getting used to. :boggled:

Last edited:
482PP
- 4:04.528 - Peugeot 206 Rally Car ‘99 - D - 4WD - 300hp - 1230kg
469PP - 4:04.784 - Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Rally Car '92 - D - 4WD - 295hp - 1120kg

Building up to having a go in the Pajero. I found it tough enough in the Lancia so no way is it going to happen. The Pug is very capable but the Lancia is more fun.

So should I dig the Lotus out of the stockyard? It's not a car I've ever enjoyed in the past. The Senna event is the only reason I'm not at 100% completion. Maybe I should give it another chance.

This new forum style/layout is going to take some getting used to. :boggled:

The older I get the more irritated I get by change. I'm sure there's a good reason for it beyond confusing old folk.

4:11 in the Pajero truck. Plenty of places to make up time but the problem is doing it all in one lap. Realistically I could probably find another two or three seconds if I kept at it but I think six is beyond me. It's a nice vehicle though and the view is great from up there. You get to see some lovely scenery that you don't see in a normal car. And it makes one very aware of the precipitous drops one would be rolling down if it weren't for the super-strong tape.

Edit
898PP Lotus 97T at Spa:
898PP
- 1:55.545 - Lotus 97T '85 - RH - MR - 999hp - 540kg

That's enough for me. Far from perfect lap but as good as I could get after about an hour of trying.

Last edited:
898PP Lotus 97T at Spa:
898PP
- 1:53.639 - Lotus 97T '85 - RH - MR - 999hp - 540kg

AT doesn't help in this event but the formal TT experience given me some advantages.

469PP
- 4:00.131 - Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Rally Car '92 - D - 4WD - 295hp - 1120kg

Pajero is still WIP, better time 4:10.130 but at the moment I don't know where 5.131 could be grabbed...

ciao

Last edited:
After finishing the Lotus 97T Time Trial at Spa with a PB rank i tried some laps on stock settings:

898PP Lotus 97T at Spa:
898PP
- 1:53.933 - Lotus 97T '85 - RH - MR - 999hp - 540kg

Spa TT - Lotus 97T Stock_cr.jpg

Very different feeling, but Eau Rouge/Raidillon still goes full throttle :).
Couple (read 2) more seconds could be possible, but i'm done with this, my whole body is aching ;).

:cheers:

Back