Stocks tips

• Thread starter cj10
  • 286 comments
glenchiam
Hi i knw that certain mission will affect the stock market such as heist on a shop will drop its value which make it a perfect time to buy the shares and sell it when the share rise up.
So this thread is on tips on when and which mission to buy and sell the shares

Just listen to Lester when he is speaking in preparation to the assasination missions. He will mention a company, buy as many shares as you can, then sell after the mission.

I did that with the Redwood Cigarettes assassination. They plummeted after I killed the dude.

Maybe it was just bad luck lol. I heard about a guy who had over $300 million from successful stock.

Maybe it was just bad luck lol. I heard about a guy who had over $300 million from successful stock.

You were supposed to buy stock in the e-cig company. Shares went from like $2xx to $5xx per share. I suggest getting the $25k briefcase a bunch to have the capital to buy alot of shares, that way you get the return you're looking for.

I did that with the Redwood Cigarettes assassination. They plummeted after I killed the dude.
And Lester told you so ;) He bought stocks of a competing company. Your assassinations were supposed to drop the stock of Redwood Cigarettes,
as you elimate the jury members that were paid to bail them out of a class action law suit.

My tip would be to buy max 20 stocks of those Lester "recommends". That way you won't lose that much money, though your profit will be less.

There's pretty much no risk with the Lester's stuff, just listen carefully what to buy.

What I'm interested in now after missions, what could be good ways to get some cash. With a quick look I saw some mentions about destroying company X's airplanes while having company Y's stock, and stuff like that. :D

My tip would be to buy max 20 stocks of those Lester "recommends". That way you won't lose that much money, though your profit will be less.

In my experience, it's impossible to lose money on Lester's missions. Unless you invest in the wrong company, then it's probably the easiest way to make money (providing you already have a chunk to invest and don't mind spending ages selecting more shares).

Also, don't sell immediately after the mission ends. When I did the pharmaceutical assassination, my investment was +55% straight after the mission finished, but topped out at +80ish% about half an hour (real time) later.

I also made $110,000 for returning the stolen item on one of the random encounters :)

One of the pop up missions you get $100,000 of stock for Animal Ark. I got some stock of the rival cigaret company before doing the juror mission. Made myself $18,000 profit.

The single most important tip regarding stocks: Don't do the Lester Assassination missions until you finish the story.

I have (had) $150 million for each character.

The single most important tip regarding stocks: Don't do the Lester Assassination missions until you finish the story.

I have (had) $150 million for each character.

Too late for me :sad:

I didn't really care about stocks at the time and all I remember Lester saying was not to invest in certain stocks. I don't remember him telling me who to invest in.

Has anyone tried to increase stock prices by destroying rival companies? Taco bomb vs Cluckin bell for example. I'm trying to increase Air Emu stocks by destroying Fly US aircraft as recommended on IGN but hasn't worked yet...

Dont ever buy d lifeinvader stocks

Actually you should, right after it goes down due to "a mission that causes it to go down". Later on in the game, as per reality, it jumps back up. So buy it while it's low, you'll regret it if you don't.

Actually you should, right after it goes down due to "a mission that causes it to go down". Later on in the game, as per reality, it jumps back up. So buy it while it's low, you'll regret it if you don't.

Rly? The stock kept going down and i lost more den 10k on michael alone so i deleted the data and use my back up data....
Should i invest in vangelica jewel after doing the heist?(how fast can i earn money as i do not wan to have all my money stuck in d shares if it does nt bouce back up quick

I've noticed the stocks for Los Santos Transport go down during the night, and then pick up as the day goes on, before dropping again. If you time it right, perhaps you can make a profit buy buying shares at night then selling them during the day? I'm just about to try this 👍

Has anyone tried to increase stock prices by destroying rival companies? Taco bomb vs Cluckin bell for example. I'm trying to increase Air Emu stocks by destroying Fly US aircraft as recommended on IGN but hasn't worked yet...

I was curious about this also, as per IGN suggestion I went and bombed the pants out of the Clucking Bell Factory - well, any gas tanks, and all the trucks, along with a number of trucks leaving on the highway.... did it work?

No... the Clucking bell shares rose by a few tenths of a percent, whilst the Taco Bomb shares didn't really move at all.

I suspect this type of practice doesn't work, the people that reported that it does probably just got lucky with timing.

Also, I see there's no mention of sharetrading in the Brady guide.. so maybe it's just that much of an active element in the game outside of the Lester missions.

Yeah I think your right. And it looks like the only way of ever being able to afford the most expensive properties.

I always seem to lose money when I invest, so I ain't really gonna bother with it. I wonder how it will play out online?

Ryanswannell
I always seem to lose money when I invest, so I ain't really gonna bother with it. I wonder how it will play out online?

I wonder this as well. Isn't online/ offline tied together somehow? Thought I seen that somewhere.

Well I spent some time mainly just looking at the LCN yesterday. And first of all, this concerns only the prices moving on their own without any in game action involvement (mission or something else). After completing the main story in my case.

One thing to note for starters.. The blue graph lines that you see for the index and all of the stocks, you can forget about them. They stay completely static all the time and do not change AT ALL. :) Only the days on the bottom keep moving to represent the day you are in the game. Also when looking at the market list, all of the precentage changes you see do not move AT ALL either. The info that you see there about the highest and lowest prices next to the graphs is also pretty much irrelevant, the stocks will never reach those levels, unless they happen to be already very close to one of them.

But still, the prices do change obviously, not by much, but they do. The thing I noticed was they seem to change by few decimals at a time, quite slowly, whether its a lower price stock or vice versa. So in that case for any reasonable profits, you'd only want to look for the cheapest stocks. It's all about percentage after all.

I started watching the 3 cheapest ones in the list for a while. Which were Lifeinvader (LFI), Redwood (RWC) and Logger (LOG).

During few in-game days, their prices moved like this (lowest-highest price spotted):

LFI: 2.66 - 3.29
RWC: 7.0 - 9.11
LOG: 8.17 - 9.47

Naturally they didn't go from lowest to highest in a linear way, but there were ups and downs in between. With only LFI I managed to make $200k quite easily couple of times, with a 10m buy. So thats only a 2% profit. 10% or close seemed easily possible for all of those stocks.
Of course I can't say if the general price ranges are same for everyone. These should be the cheapest stocks for everyone I'd think though.

Easy way to follow the movements is just to buy one stock of anything, and keeping an eye how the stock price starts to move.

Thats it for now. :D

Some point you find guy who's car is broken, I higly recomend drive that guy to airport and listen his stock tip :sly:

It's a shame they didn't build the stocks into the companion app, that way I can trade while away from the game.

Who knows if they do for online? It wouldn't make sense for the LCN as you'd have to have your game running.

Lifeinvader is still going down for me, it's at $2.30, how far does it go down?

I was curious about this also, as per IGN suggestion I went and bombed the pants out of the Clucking Bell Factory - well, any gas tanks, and all the trucks, along with a number of trucks leaving on the highway.... did it work?

No... the Clucking bell shares rose by a few tenths of a percent, whilst the Taco Bomb shares didn't really move at all.

I suspect this type of practice doesn't work, the people that reported that it does probably just got lucky with timing.
It doesn't work. Many people have tried on the GTA forums and nobody has gotten it to work, some just got lucky.

For casual trading not related to any of the story just buy low sell high. When the stock dips to its lowest value buy it and sell it after it goes up.

Back