Stopping and Starting your engine

  • Thread starter Thread starter kaikun
  • 31 comments
  • 1,964 views
Messages
11
Ive seen this done in some demo clips.

You are able to stop your vehicle, then kill the engine.
Then start it and drive off again.

Does anyone know how to do this?

thanks.
 
You can't.

And where have you seen this in Gran Turismo 4?

You ARE Talking About GT4...right?
 
kaikun
Ive seen this done in some demo clips.

You are able to stop your vehicle, then kill the engine.
Then start it and drive off again.

Does anyone know how to do this?

thanks.

Drive the E Type.
 
MachOne
You can't.

And where have you seen this in Gran Turismo 4?

You ARE Talking About GT4...right?

Im 100% sure that it was one of the GT's.
and the graphic quality would put it into either GT3 or GT4.
From what i remember i think it was a Dodge Viper~
 
You sure it didn't sound like it was off?
Because some of the cars actually sound quite at a 0.
 
nope.
this viper is going down this straight, with trees overhead, at around 100kph?
then slows down, stops.
the breaks are held on until you hear the engine just stop.

Maybe its a special combination of buttonS?
 
kaikun
nope.
this viper is going down this straight, with trees overhead, at around 100kph?
then slows down, stops.
the breaks are held on until you hear the engine just stop.

Maybe its a special combination of buttonS?
What else was in the video?
 
welll. there is a way to kinda make it sound like the car goes dead.

Go in a straight line up a good speed and then just let go of throttle and everything and just tap the E break and the car in the game goes into nuetral and the car just glides across. and once you press the throttle, the engine revs up to how fast the cars going and stuff.
 
I remember a video of a Viper drifting to a stop and then shutting off the engine...But I think that was real. Was the car sliding to a stop? And was it in black?
 
nah the car wasnt sliding at all. it jus breaked to a stop. like to the right side of the track. the car idles for like 3 seconds with the break lights on, then the engine stops together with the break lights.
 
Strange...I'll look into this and check some GT forums out for it.
 
nah, the engine wasn't getting shut off.... it was as jzz said. if you tapped the handbrake gt3 would put the car in neutral, the revs would fall to zero and the car would sound perfectly silent. the engine was not off though.
soon as you hit the gas it will zing back to life and into gear again.
 
I do that all the time, whenever it's a straightaway and I'm in first, I do it since it's nice and peaceful, then as the turn comes up...brrrmmmmmmmmmwahwahwahwah, upshift. :)
 
I'll make a small video now. You do not need the Jaguar E-Type, kennythebomb, unless you meant E-brake.
 
If you drive like...60 mph in real life and then depress the clutch (or put it into N) because of the wind noise you probably won't be able to hear the car idling...At least that's what I think ;)
 
The video was an advert for GT3. I saw it years ago in the cinema. The Dodge comes out of the tunnel on Deep Forest reverse and brakes to a halt, followed by a message saying something like "not only the cars are beautiful in Gran Turismo" or something like that. The advert ends with the Viper turning off its engine. I always thought it was weird, but never gave it too much thought.

-Twenty20one
 
Well if it was a promo video they probably just faked it by muting the engine sound or something.

PD could do anything they wanted to the cars for the sake of a promo video.

Have you seen that Citroen advert where the car is transformer and turns into a robot? It won't do that in RL! Call it creative marketing. :)
 
Maybe you press the "O" while going with some speed?
Yes I'm using DS2
 
STiGoFLyBy
I'll make a small video now. You do not need the Jaguar E-Type, kennythebomb, unless you meant E-brake.

lol....at least rigger got it.

And yes, the E-Type is the only car with a proper English gentleman's E-brake. :dunce: :dopey:
 
Twenty20one
The video was an advert for GT3. I saw it years ago in the cinema. The Dodge comes out of the tunnel on Deep Forest reverse and brakes to a halt, followed by a message saying something like "not only the cars are beautiful in Gran Turismo" or something like that. The advert ends with the Viper turning off its engine. I always thought it was weird, but never gave it too much thought.

-Twenty20one

Yeah i think thats the one i was thinking of. Its odd eh? fark i wanna see it again but cant find it anywhere.

oh well.
cheers for everyones feedback. and the video by STiGoFLyBy.
 
puricele7e
If you drive like...60 mph in real life and then depress the clutch (or put it into N) because of the wind noise you probably won't be able to hear the car idling...At least that's what I think ;)

plus the excessive noise of the tires. I have seen (and got) the citroen c4 add. what a fantabulous add.. Id like to know what the soundtrack is too.. its pretty funky. :P.. Also, the C4 won best car design of the year award this month.

Just shedding some light,

~Sp33~
 
~Sp33~
what a fantabulous add.. Id like to know what the soundtrack is too.. its pretty funky. :P
Hmmmm, I think I can remember.

Post a link to the vid so I can d'load it, and I might be able to tell you what it is. :)
 
Back