Stopping Snap Back?

• Thread starter Venny_
  • 27 comments
Canada
Guelph, Ontario
Vennyscool911
Vennyscool911
I can drift. I can do it in Assetto Corsa, Live for Speed, and rFactor. I know the technique, I know the tuning. One thing is stopping me from drifting in GT6, and it's the damn snap back.

How do I drift without violently (and unrealistically) spinning while countersteering? I want to drift in this game.

I can drift. I can do it in Assetto Corsa, Live for Speed, and rFactor. I know the technique, I know the tuning. One thing is stopping me from drifting in GT6, and it's the damn snap back.

How do I drift without violently (and unrealistically) spinning while countersteering? I want to drift in this game.
It takes practice gt6 is one of the harder games to drift in. But the way to fix it is more throttle you'll get it eventually cars with allot of torque are easier to use as well.

Also the shorter wheelbase cars are a bit more snappy than the longer cars so maybe thats a little bit of what youre fighting if you arent used to it

what works for me, hold the wheel at all times unless throwing it in for a fast entry, go a gear or two higher than you would on DS3. A good setup helps too.

I realised soon enough that reducing the braking sensitivity on the LSD helps a lot. But, thats only if you run an open dif.

I don't know if you know this but try drifting in drift trial mode. It gives you more steering lock witch helps alot, most of us use this mode now because it allows for more angle and more fun. Hope this helps.

I found the rear toe ngle is a big factor. I use about 0.15 on high powered cars and 0.10 on anything lacking power. Hope that helps some

Yes, indeed it is. From my own experience, while the rear to is positive and to high -for instance, .40 to .60- it will make the car snappier. I can't explain the why exactly because I just don't know how to put it in words but I surely know the feeling.

Plus, another point would be not let off the gas completely and be smooth on the wheel/analog predicting the car's movement and what comes ahead.

Side Note: I'm a DS3 user

If you're on DS3 you could just put your steering sensitivity to 7.
It helps majorly, with that to 7 if you snap back it's driver error once you get it down.

One thing to try that I have been hearing a lot lately but haven't seen suggested here, don't go for 50/50 weight distro. Shoot for between 51/49-55/45. I've heard lots if people say this has helped them with transitions.

I realised soon enough that reducing the braking sensitivity on the LSD helps a lot. But, thats only if you run an open dif.

this makes no sense, if you can change brake sensitivity that means you have FC LSD so it is a locking diff

Sorry but I don't get what you're saying ?
I don't run a locked diff in GT6. (?)

I think what he's trying to say is that the custom differential will always lock at some point, because you can't set it to zero. If you could set it to zero, then it would truly be an open differential. Changing the settings only changes when and how it locks.

I think what he's trying to say is that the custom differential will always lock at some point, because you can't set it to zero. If you could set it to zero, then it would truly be an open differential. Changing the settings only changes when and how it locks.

Ok, ok...so that was exactly what I was saying in the first place. Decreasing the decelaration sensitivity means it will lock later, therefore making it easier to transition..IMO.

Ok, ok...so that was exactly what I was saying in the first place. Decreasing the decelaration sensitivity means it will lock later, therefore making it easier to transition..IMO.

It's all down to feel bud. I personally like a 5/60/35 LSD setup. The tuning gurus over in the tuning forum section say that the LSD is the one part that has the most significant effect on the handling of the car (even though that's completely backwards from real life). If anyone is having trouble with snap-backs, I would say start with the LSD.

I also hate it. I have tried everything and some cars just seem crazier than others. One easy tip is just let off the gas a bit or completely. The friction will slow it down enough to make a drift without sending you off the track etc

I find that putting a ridiculous amount of camber in the front and a little bit less than that in the rear works at stopping snap back, but you don't have as much grip.

Back