Storm Island DLC

Discussion in 'Forza Horizon 2' started by symo63, Dec 16, 2014.

1. symo63

symo63

Anyone downloaded this DLC yet?

http://news.xbox.com/2014/12/games-forza-horizon-2-storm-island-expansion-pack

five new rides including a 2013 Robby Gordon #7 Speed Energy Drink Stadium Super Truck, 2013 MINI X-Raid All4 Racing Countryman, 2014 Ford Ranger T6 RallyRaid, 1981 Ford Fiesta XR2, 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4. There's also a new barn find car included in the expansion - MG Metro 6R4

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    Fat Tyre likes this.
  2. UKMikey

UKMikey

DLed but not played yet. I'm still in the middle of a championship. Interesting that it has a couple of vehicles to unlock during events judging by the message I got when trying to get a couple of the cars in Autoshow.

symo63 likes this.
  3. symo63

symo63

Yeah a few nice cars in there

4. p3bucky

p3bucky

Pretty cool DLC. The new barn find car is my favorite one out of all of them.

symo63 likes this.
  5. symo63

symo63

Yeah I love the barn finds also. The car is ok, would like more of an older rarer car.

6. Aftrbrnr

Aftrbrnr

FYI, the second of the two new Bucket List Challenges are downright hard. One of them involves getting a Range Rover Sport to a destination in a certain amount of time, but the amount of time they give you means going off-road is the only viable way to make it there in time. However, in addition to the time limit, you can't damage the SUV that much, unfortunately items you usually smash for skill points such as the small bushes or signs "damage" your vehicle - anyone that has played FH2 knows there are many fields and orchids filled with plants to run over that would count towards "damage" in this challenge. I feel with that particular challenge, there is an exact route they expect the player to find that is off-road but relatively clear to get to the destination in short time while keeping the vehicle spotless.

Unlike the other barn cars, the one on Storm Island they expect you to find without hints, as in there is no radius marked on the map like the other barn cars of the general vicinity of its location. Yep, you have to scour the entire island looking for it, fortunately the island is small enough this shouldn't be much of a challenge, I think it is partially a fluke but I found the barn car within 10 to 15 minutes of Horizon Ben announcing its existence. If you want to find it without asking anyone or other hints, my advice is to break each area of the map down into "sectors" using the roads as borders, search each "sector" and if you find nothing, mentally mark down you have "cleared" that area.

Ak1504 and symo63 like this.
  7. Ak1504

Ak1504

Nice little island :)

[​IMG]

8. Havok_

Havok_

Nothing but pure awesomeness from the DLC. I feel so luck to have gotten my XB1, a copy of F5 GOTY and FH2 within a short time frame. My biggest complaint is not having enough time between the two. FH2 is something beyond epic IMO.

In it's own right I find alot of similarities to MotorStorm yet Storm Island could very well stand alone as it's own game. (Hmm I wonder if this is simply a taste of what's to come?) Or possibly a full blown massive map where both types of races could be done on a massive scale, for FH3? Regardless Turn 10 can take my money. I have not been dissapointed in any purchase I have made.

The addition of the rally suspension and equipment is awesome, I have a group B Celica that is bonkers. Damn it, I haven;t felt this way for a game in a very very long time.

fortbo likes this.
  9. VXR

VXR

Anyone think the two named mountain ranges are a hint to a second expansion pack? It's all the game is missing now, tight mountain roads.

GranTurismo guy and fortbo like this.
  10. UKMikey

UKMikey

The nature of this pack and the fact it's geographically unrelated to the main game means that if there were a second expansion pack the world's their oyster and the sky's the limit. Moon racing perhaps? :lol:

Seriously though I'd love some Matterhorn style locations. This must be the only racing game that combines elements of Rallisport Challenge, Project Gotham and now Motorstorm.

nick98, VXR and FosterG like this.
  11. CAMAROBOY69

CAMAROBOY69 Premium

I have been hearing a lot of great feedback about this DLC but haven't picked it up yet. Been loving this game and I am thinking about getting the Car Pass or the Vip Pass. Will either of those count toward the Storm Island DLC? Or is that something that needs to be purchased separately no matter what?

12. DurWinning

DurWinning

You won't receive it with the car pass.

The VIP pass grants you a 50% discount meaning you pay $9.99 (+ tax) instead of $19.99.

13. Oso Actual

Oso Actual

Just installed, about to give this DLC a go! Hopefully it gets my racing itch back.

14. DDastardly00

DDastardly00

How big (roughly) is the Island?

15. Oso Actual

Oso Actual

Much smaller than the main map.....I'd guess close to the size of Nice. I almost found the 50 roads and have been on for 2 or so hours. Don't be discouraged though, the weather and roads are a blast to drive, glad I picked it up!

GranTurismo guy and VXR like this.
  16. Neddo

Neddo

Is there a map for this DLC? Is it connected with main map?

17. SuperVeloce

SuperVeloce

Yes, there is a new map called 'Storm Island', it's not connected, you just press a button at some docks, and it teleports you there.

18. Neddo

Neddo

I guess that FH2 map will never match TDU2 ibiza size and beauty.

diegorborges and KinLM like this.
  19. DDastardly00

DDastardly00

Thanks! The extreme weather looks just insane! I'm also intrigued to see what the Fog looks like in this game. I need to pick up the VIP first and then I will get likely get this soon after.

20. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

I played this for about 4 hours last night. I cleared the first tier of challenges, did some showdown racing at the car meet, found all the roads, and got the barn find. I tried a few of the bucket list challenges but only got one completed. I am loving the heck out of this expansion. I only have one question: when does the Robby Gordon truck get unlocked?

21. ClydeYellow

ClydeYellow

As soon as you're done with the first Gauntlet event. It will be gifted to you.

It looks insane plus one.

Populuxe Cowboy likes this.
  22. Oso Actual

Oso Actual

Yes, the fog adds a nice touch. If this is a 'test' for weather effects for Forza 6.......T10 will pass with an A+!

I will admit that some of the jumps in this DLC are insanely hilarious, so much win!

fortbo likes this.
  23. urmie

urmie

With the jumps, can someone confirm that clips are not recorded? Thing is annoying whenever you hit a nice jump, you get the "clip recorded" pop-up.

24. Eunosthedeer

Eunosthedeer

Having good fun with Storm Island so far, Already discovered all 50 roads in me Mercedes Benz G Wagon, In Forza 5 that thing felt like it was going to tip over every corner you took, Here on an island with ridiculous jumps it doesn't show any Interest in doing so :p, That last race in the 4x4 championship is just plain scary, as much as I try to avoid using it I had to push the rewind button as I timed the jumps wrong quite a lot.

Found the MG Metro already and gave that a good run, look forward to using it in a championship ;D

25. doctorrg

doctorrg

Damn. Wished I'd have seen this earlier. Already bought the DLC full price. Would have picked up VIP first had I known.

26. DurWinning

DurWinning

You would've paid more if you did that. DLC = $19.99. VIP + DLC = $30 (I think).

27. doctorrg

doctorrg

Yes, I would have effectively gotten VIP membership for half price, which would have made it worth it.

symo63 likes this.
  28. ClydeYellow

ClydeYellow

Then you better disable it, 'cause else you'll be getting a lot of them.

29. CAMAROBOY69

CAMAROBOY69 Premium

So you recommend the VIP pass so I get a discount on Storm Island and future DLC?

symo63 likes this.
  30. Blkout

Blkout

So what's the verdict on this DLC? Since its going to cost me an additional $9.99, it had better be worth it.