Storm Island DLC

• Thread starter symo63
  • 59 comments
I am finding it enjoyable. Like others have said, the weather effects really make racing through dirt and gravel that much better. The fog is a nice addition. The MG alone is worth buying....to me!

My only complaint, again, the same one I had from the vanilla game is the American muscle etc type offroad races. These non rally cars just feel wrong when speeding around, jumping through the air. I know these races were added to fill up space and add variety but I'd rather have those same races only with other rally type cars. Not game breaking just my downside.

Overall I say its very much worth the price.

So you recommend the VIP pass so I get a discount on Storm Island and future DLC?
Hey mate, I bought the VIP first thing and haven't regretted it. Not only do you get 1/2 price on all DLC but you have extra Spin for a Prize rewards

Hey mate, I bought the VIP first thing and haven't regretted it. Not only do you get 1/2 price on all DLC but you have extra Spin for a Prize rewards
Thank you I will pick up the VIP pass and the Storm Island DLC for sure the next time I play FH2.

I think VIP members level up twice as fast as well.
Is there a level cap? I am usually not in a hurry to level up too fast especially if there is a level cap. Regardless I am picking up VIP and this DLC sometime soon.

Is there a level cap? I am usually not in a hurry to level up too fast especially if there is a level cap. Regardless I am picking up VIP and this DLC sometime soon.
I think it's 999....I am only 90+ so even if it is lower than 999, I still have a ways to go.

I think it's 999....I am only 90+ so even if it is lower than 999, I still have a ways to go.
Excellent. I think the last time I played, several weeks ago, I was around level 140? I have been consumed with BF4, MC, TMCC, and FC4. So I haven't played FH2 in a long time. Still love the game. Just need to get back into it again.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had far cry and Destiny taking my time, but this DLC hooked me again. So far the MG is such a blast to drive, working now to make rally versions of some of my cars.

Bought the DLC tonight, absolutely love it so far.

I think my favourite part is that the tracks are so tight and technical, its gonna be very fun to race online and watch all the kids crash multiple times into the scenery.:mischievous:

In Fairness I don't think Horizon 2 is going for flat out realism here, hence why I don't mind taking massive jumps with a Transit Van :P

If Horizon 2 was realistic you would either be Dead, In Hospital in a very critical condition, Or in Jail for dangerous Driving :P

Ben would also be locked away for organising such a dangerous event on a public road ;)

In Fairness I don't think Horizon 2 is going for flat out realism here, hence why I don't mind taking massive jumps with a Transit Van :P

If Horizon 2 was realistic you would either be Dead, In Hospital in a very critical condition, Or in Jail for dangerous Driving :P

Ben would also be locked away for organising such a dangerous event on a public road ;)
*Mind blown.....*

On the upside his festival probably would've saved that classical radio station from closure.

I finished Tier 1 but need to go back to Europe to finish off the Sports Utility and Extreme Offroad events there before returning to Isola Della Tempesta. Might as well make the expansion pack last a little.

Ben would have never made it to Jail.....someone in the woods would have shot him for being a Douchbag

Bought the expansion and so far it has been very nice...I like to rolling hills and the fog....I need to start playing this game more often

Probably the guy he was laughing at on the phone when he toId him he was going to Nice would've come back and shot him.

Personally I find Ben tolerable. He's a bit annoying at times but he is no Darius Flint let alone Tess and Stuart Wintory from TDU2. Now those were some unlikeable characters.

It's funny that on previous generations of hardware fog was a limitation of the game's draw distance, now they put it in on purpose to make the game more challenging and atmospheric.

I finished Tier 1 but need to go back to Europe to finish off the Sports Utility and Extreme Offroad events there before returning to Isola Della Tempesta. Might as well make the expansion pack last a little.

Have lots of fun with Storm Island and am trying to make it last a little longer too. Took some time out from racing the other day and did all the Bucket List challenges. After I completed the Storm Island ones I went back to the Mainland and completed the second set, which I hadn't done yet.

Then did a few more races, until I did the Super Saloon challenge in Tier 2. Had so much fun with my S4 that I went straight to the mainland after to finish all Super Saloon championships. Probably going to do the same with the rest of the races too. Finish the next Storm Island championship, then back to the Mainland. Will leave the last Gauntlet for last. This way it should last me a little longer, though it's fun enough to just repeat certain races. Hope the next expansion pack is as good.

Will leave the last Gauntlet for last. This way it should last me a little longer, though it's fun enough to just repeat certain races. Hope the next expansion pack is as good.
I have to admit I just roared through the Storm Island expansion because it was so fun. I've finished all the races and found all the bonus signs, but I still have most of the bucket lists challenges to finish up. I've been having fun re-racing the Gauntlet races. But yeah, I definitely agree this expansion was great and it makes me hopeful for the future of expansion packs and the franchise in general.

Bens alright

Though the whole "nice one mate" "good race mate" "mate" etc gets tiresome after a while :P

Just did the off road race, the Defender was good until the last race, had to switch to me Jeep.. I'm to lazy to go through all the tuning :P

Good deconstruction, mate. :P

Group B Rally Cars off road on Storm Island in an MG Metro was quite possibly the Craziest Race I've ever done, I was able to get from 7th to 1st on 1 jump, It was like a Bowling Ball knocking down Bowling Pins with Cars flying all over the Place.

Had to use the rewind button quite a bit in this one as my Car ended up on it's roof alot or smashing straight into a tree.

Either way craziest Race I have done since I bought the game :P

Cross country races are my favorite, so Storm Island feels like it was made for me.

I suck at the storm island races :\

Don't worry mate - I suck at them too!...I've never liked personally so much the cross-country races in main game, however it's absolutely fun to drive some classic rally cars in Storm Island. Yesterday I noticed that I had been driving there about two hours just "freestyle" without no actual purpose. Very nice add-on indeed.

Ok I finished Storm Island after buying it for half price. Its what I expected I guess so I cant complain too much,

There is a LOT of content there. It is pretty much half a full game for that money.

However I found the whole thing rather boring and leadened. If you like trophy trucks and rally cars flying 50 yards in the air and landing randomly sometimes on your roof, then this is the game for you.

I found the alleged gfx improvements and weather effects to amount to basically LOD fog. The rain fx is nothing you havent seen in the main game. The 5 showcase races were... hmmm... pretty terrible all round.

It did crystalise what I find wrong with FH as a whole. In the short circuits and city point to points the races seem pretty fair.

In the offroad races brace yourself for some Crazy Taxi style catchup.

ie. you lead the race all they way to the 95% mark and suddenly #2 and #3 drivers find their nitro button and hit 200mph to the finish line.

If you screw up and hit a tree you can catch up yourself within reason ie, if you screw up at 95% mark, reload it.

Basically catchup isnt there in circuit races but its in abundance in offroad. This makes the game feel schizophrenic.

And besides the fact they give you 5 cars, you dont actually use them that much.

I really disliked Horizon Rally due to the fact its basically just timed rally stages but I felt a bigger sense of accomplishment finishing that than Storm. I have a begruding respect for Horizon Rally now. If you fail a stage in that game its all on you, its more luck of the draw with Storm.

Back