Strange Brew

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT GOD
  • 15 comments
  • 984 views
Messages
2,611
Messages
DRIFTGOD187
i cant believe i found this on DVD today, this is one of my all time favorite movies and i havnt seen it in years, i found it at WALMART out of all places lol 👍
 
I've never seen or heard of the movie before. What's the movie all about?


Did you know that there is a JAVA-based virus called "Strange Brew"? đź’ˇ
 
the movie was made in 1983, its a comedy about 2 brothers BOB (RICK MORANIS) & DOUGE (DAVE THOMAS) McKENZIE.

they put a baby mouse in a beer bottle and take it back to the brewery to try to get a free case of beer lol, the entire movie is based on beer and its all based in canada, very funny movie 👍

the McKENZIE brothers also do MOLSON commercials and they are the voices for the MOOSE 's in BROTHER BEAR ;)

my favorite quote from the movie " THIS MOVIE WAS SHOT IN 3B, 3 BEERS AND IT LOOKS GOOD EH? "

no i didnt know about the virus.
 
I LOVE STRANGE BREW (of course I'm a hard-core Canadian beer-drinker, which helps). I love the part when Bob gets the milk out of the vending machine...

"Hey hoser, this milk expired three weeks ago!"

And When Doug has to drink all the beer in the vat to stop from drowning, then uses his pee to put out the fire
 
lol the funny thing is that he pissed in the beer before he drank it :D

here are screenshots i took from the dvd, its the canadian dictionary 👍

 
I'm not an big fan, but I did enjoy it. This movie's pretty old, but has big cult following.
 
coo lu coo coo coo lu coo coo coo

Take off you hosehead!


Seriously, I haven't seen this movie since I was in 8th grade, but it is up there with monty python as far as hilariousness.
 
MrktMkr1986
If you like the movie that much, I think I'll buy the DVD.

Be careful, though. The humour is really Canadian, and if you think about it the movie is kind of a stereotype of Canadians. It's kind of like watching a movie about rednecks; don't think all people from Canada wear toques (see DRIFT GOD's dictionary pics a few posts up), drink beer, and drive old beat-up vans. Most of us don't really use the expression "Eh?" unless we're trying to have fun with an American.

That said, I hope you enjoy it. It's good fun. Once you've watched, be sure to post here and tell us what you thought!
 
I have never seen or heard of this movie. Driftgod, Anderton Prime and I all seem to have the same sense of humor so I am sure I will like this one. I put it on my list of movies to watch. Hopefully I can rent it somewhere.
If nothing else I can have Driftgod send me some of the funny clips that are in the movie. He could even post them here like I did for a few movies.
 
Anderton Prime
don't think all people from Canada wear toques (see DRIFT GOD's dictionary pics a few posts up), drink beer, and drive old beat-up vans. Most of us don't really use the expression "Eh?" unless we're trying to have fun with an American.

But all canadians do say "noo doot abooot it!" right? I'm just joking with you all, so don't take it the wrong way - I'm as close to canadian as you can be without changing citizenship.
 
Anderton Prime
Be careful, though. The humour is really Canadian, and if you think about it the movie is kind of a stereotype of Canadians. It's kind of like watching a movie about rednecks; don't think all people from Canada wear toques (see DRIFT GOD's dictionary pics a few posts up), drink beer, and drive old beat-up vans. Most of us don't really use the expression "Eh?" unless we're trying to have fun with an American.

No problem -- I don't believe in stereotypes anyway (for obvious reasons). :sly:

That said, I hope you enjoy it. It's good fun. Once you've watched, be sure to post here and tell us what you thought!

Sure thing! :)

By the way, did anyone else know about the virus? :dopey:
 
Hey, this movie is a beauty eh, yah hoser...

I love this movie..I used to always play " Steam Roller" after seeing this movie !!!!
 
Back