Stranger Things (NETFLIX) General DiscussionTV 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 93 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Why is there no thread for this? We must have one! :P

Season 1 was a runaway hit. If you haven't seen it, I would highly recommend it. (Netflix subscription required) The Season 2 teaser was revealed during the Super Bowl and the video post on the official facebook page and Netflix YouTube accounts have crossed 40 million views combined.

Here is what we know about Season 2 (spoiler tags just in case)

• Release on Halloween, 2017
  • 1 additional episode bring the total to 9; pending titles: (some will change due to spoilers)
    • Mad Max
    • The Boy Who Came Back To Life
    • The Pumpkin Patch
    • The Palace
    • The Storm
    • The Pollywog
    • The Secret Cabin
    • The Brain
    • The Lost Brother
  • The original cast are returning (except those that died in S1, obviously)
  • Several new cast members are joining, including:
    • Sean Astin (Goonies, Lord of the Rings)
    • Linnea Berthelsen
    • Paul Reiser (Aliens 2)
    • Brett Gelman (The Other Guys)
    • Sadie Sink
    • Dacre Montgomery (Power Rangers)
  • Much darker theme

And the Season 2 Teaser:

Edit: Oops, wrong teaser. :lol:

Last edited:
It's so good and plays to all the 80s feels.

Loads of nice references in the first season too. Also one of the best soundtracks released last year.

So I spent the rest of last night to binge this show. Now I understand the hype. Fantastic series! There's still enough questions for a second season, and I'm aching to see them answered haha.

Though I didn't like the amount of melodrama. I've thought it over now I finished it, and I think they put this amount of melodrama so they can connect the plot more, to speed things up. At first it felt too much like filler, but the makers were a step ahead I suppose.

Netflix released a teaser video and poster this morning.

stranger-things-s2-poster-20006151.jpg

The show has everything. Still feels like E.T., The Thing, Poltergeist, Explorers, Stand By Me and in some way, like the Langoliers. The title intro, never gets old.

I was at work when I got the Netflix notification on my phone. I'm watching F1 Practice now but will try to get an episode in tonight. This show has to be watched at night.

Just finished it. I will say, episode 7 didn't sit right with me. I am not sure what they were trying to tell us with that episode or how it was supposed to move the story along, but it just didn't feel like Stranger Things to me and I could have done without it. Other than that......it was brilliant. I'll probably give it a week to sink in, then I'll watch it again. I may skip E7 this time around though.

I started watching one episode last night saying I would go to sleep after but ended up watching three. I want to watch more but it's day time...

Just finished it. I will say, episode 7 didn't sit right with me. I am not sure what they were trying to tell us with that episode or how it was supposed to move the story along, but it just didn't feel like Stranger Things to me and I could have done without it. Other than that......it was brilliant. I'll probably give it a week to sink in, then I'll watch it again. I may skip E7 this time around though.

I found the introduction of Eight to be the start of some sort of spin-off series. Besides, the season didn't really end in a cliffhanger S1 did.

But more importantly, I think EP7's purpose is echoed from what Funshine thinks of Eight, which he said Eight helped him and the others connect together through heart and mind. That's what Eleven's looking for when she tried connecting with her mom, then finding her sister, though at first it isn't clear. She's only continuing her mother's footsteps. Then Eight gave Eleven a choice: either participate in their crew, or go back into hiding. But Eight doesn't know that Eleven isn't going back into hiding. Eight excited Eleven's anger towards the 'bad men', giving her the strategy to close the gate. I don't think she would have figured it out if she remained in hiding. And when she ran away from Hopper, it was like kids leaving their parents. However, she did plan to see her mother, which turns out led to her sister. So perhaps her mother knew that her sister can help Eleven in some fashion.

But I can sort of see why Ep7 is out of place. Even if it was just Eleven looking for herself, introducing a new character that happens to be her sister along with a crew that follow her, then closing the books is odd. Plus there were several things that occurred in Ep7 that confused me, such as the fact that Eleven did not see in her mind circle that the man they were hunting also had his kids in the house. Either way, I don't think this is the last we're going to see Eight, even though I was kinda hoping they were going to follow Eleven and end up helping her close the gate.

I found the introduction of Eight to be the start of some sort of spin-off series. Besides, the season didn't really end in a cliffhanger S1 did.

But more importantly, I think EP7's purpose is echoed from what Funshine thinks of Eight, which he said Eight helped him and the others connect together through heart and mind. That's what Eleven's looking for when she tried connecting with her mom, then finding her sister, though at first it isn't clear. She's only continuing her mother's footsteps. Then Eight gave Eleven a choice: either participate in their crew, or go back into hiding. But Eight doesn't know that Eleven isn't going back into hiding. Eight excited Eleven's anger towards the 'bad men', giving her the strategy to close the gate. I don't think she would have figured it out if she remained in hiding. And when she ran away from Hopper, it was like kids leaving their parents. However, she did plan to see her mother, which turns out led to her sister. So perhaps her mother knew that her sister can help Eleven in some fashion.

But I can sort of see why Ep7 is out of place. Even if it was just Eleven looking for herself, introducing a new character that happens to be her sister along with a crew that follow her, then closing the books is odd. Plus there were several things that occurred in Ep7 that confused me, such as the fact that Eleven did not see in her mind circle that the man they were hunting also had his kids in the house. Either way, I don't think this is the last we're going to see Eight, even though I was kinda hoping they were going to follow Eleven and end up helping her close the gate.
Yes. This.

I found it fresh in the first 3:23 of Ep.1. Ep.& turned it up from the first 6 episodes.
As there wasn't much killing this season, as I felt there was, in Season 1. Ep.7 definitely made it dark. Does one use their power for good, get revenge, move on or strike fear?
What got me is the 3-digits. Who is 001? Are there any more after 011? If there is a spin-off, does Eight connect with the other sisters and/or brothers, to eventually close gates to the upside down?
We might watch these kids grow up, like n the Harry Potter series.

Yes. This.

I found it fresh in the first 3:23 of Ep.1. Ep.& turned it up from the first 6 episodes.
As there wasn't much killing this season, as I felt there was, in Season 1. Ep.7 definitely made it dark. Does one use their power for good, get revenge, move on or strike fear?
What got me is the 3-digits. Who is 001? Are there any more after 011? If there is a spin-off, does Eight connect with the other sisters and/or brothers, to eventually close gates to the upside down?
We might watch these kids grow up, like n the Harry Potter series.

It has been hinted at there are more kids with psychic powers than just Eleven and Eight. Eleven's mother left clues of that. Perhaps it's another thing her mother is trying to tell Eleven; to meet them.

That actually isn't a bad idea. I highly doubt closing that one gate at the Lab is enough to keep away the shadow in the sky.

Latest Posts

Back